PDA

View Full Version : Polar Visitor

NightTrain
06-13-2023, 10:35 PM
I'm currently working in Kaktovik - tiny little Eskimo village on the North coast of Alaska, about 70 miles from the Canadian border. I took this video from the front porch of the house we're renting. I think he liked the smell of the chicken we were cooking for dinner!

And yeah... that Eskimo standing right there was extremely cavalier about the whole thing. That bear could have covered the distance in a flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foJOgEmcfQI

Kathianne
06-14-2023, 01:37 AM
Just wow! I'd be freaking, then again, moths and mice sort of have a negative effect on me. :laugh2:

NightTrain
06-14-2023, 10:54 AM
Just wow! I'd be freaking, then again, moths and mice sort of have a negative effect on me. :laugh2:

Bastard was prowling all over town last night. Dogs were going batshit all night long

gabosaurus
06-14-2023, 11:49 AM
That is a remarkable video. It takes a special person to work under those circumstances.

SassyLady
06-14-2023, 05:22 PM
Bastard was prowling all over town last night. Dogs were going batshit all night long

Maybe one of your Eskimo friends could send a little buckshot his way to dissuade him from visiting.

jimnyc
06-14-2023, 06:42 PM
I'm currently working in Kaktovik - tiny little Eskimo village on the North coast of Alaska, about 70 miles from the Canadian border. I took this video from the front porch of the house we're renting. I think he liked the smell of the chicken we were cooking for dinner!

And yeah... that Eskimo standing right there was extremely cavalier about the whole thing. That bear could have covered the distance in a flash.

I watched this earlier and that's what I first thought. I heard a brown bear can run about 35mph? So I watched your video in full screen and look at the arms on that thing! That guy must be on a little hooch to dare go out there, and even turns his back on the bear for a quick second.

What an impressively beautiful animal though!