PDA

View Full Version : Senate GOP questions Boebert push for Biden impeachment

Gunny
06-22-2023, 11:18 AM
Have to agree that this is a go nowhere. At the same time, downplaying that there is cause for impeachment is just as much crap. Not to mention look what we get if Biden was impeached and removed from office.

Waste of time and money when Republicans, to include their fringe lunatics, should be focused on a winning strategy so they can make the decisions their own dysfunction precludes them from.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4061275-senate-gop-questions-boebert-push-for-biden-impeachment/

Gunny
06-22-2023, 11:22 AM
As I was saying. Just what the Republican't's need. A cat fight between two psychos in the House:rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4062391-greene-calls-boebert-a-little-b-as-tensions-boil-over-on-house-floor/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-22-2023, 03:09 PM
As I was saying. Just what the Republican't's need. A cat fight between two psychos in the House:rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4062391-greene-calls-boebert-a-little-b-as-tensions-boil-over-on-house-floor/

A catfight. I will bet on Greene. :laugh:--Tyr

fj1200
06-22-2023, 07:50 PM
Have to agree that this is a go nowhere.

A waste of time AND it shuts down the other investigations going on. Counterproductive. A better case for impeaching Mayorkas.

SassyLady
06-23-2023, 10:05 AM
A catfight. I will bet on Greene. :laugh:--Tyr Don't be so fast to pick. Boebert wears gun every day.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-23-2023, 01:52 PM
Don't be so fast to pick. Boebert wears gun every day.

Well, when I think fight, I do not think gunfight. I think fist fight because I was in so many of those, over one hundred, in my 40 plus years.--Tyr

Gunny
06-23-2023, 04:35 PM
I am more concerned with the perception of the moderates and independents that this is petty horsecrap, political theater. MTG's biggest problem is more likely than not is Boebert getting attention. Seems to me wasn't too long ago they were BFF's acting like fools in an official forum mocking Biden's state of the disunion address.

The show the House Republicans have put on so far will more than likely cost them the House. Easy come easy go.

RoccoR
06-25-2023, 10:37 AM
RE: Senate GOP questions Boebert push for Biden impeachment (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?78101-Senate-GOP-questions-Boebert-push-for-Biden-impeachment&p=1011057#post1011057)

SUBTOPIC: Wasting Time
※→ Gunny, et al,

I agree as well.

Have to agree that this is a go nowhere. At the same time, downplaying that there is cause for impeachment is just as much crap. Not to mention look what we get if Biden was impeached and removed from office.

Waste of time and money when Republicans, to include their fringe lunatics, should be focused on a winning strategy so they can make the decisions their own dysfunction precludes them from.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4061275-senate-gop-questions-boebert-push-for-biden-impeachment/

(COMMENT)

Congress, both sides, seem to put the camera before the job. I think that this entire impeachment exercise is part of a greater problem. The Members just want to prance around in front of the media and exaggerate their importance. The members always have time for the cameras in the radio and tv gallery, but year after year, the budget is late getting approved.

Most Respectfully,
R

Gunny
06-25-2023, 11:09 AM
RE: Senate GOP questions Boebert push for Biden impeachment (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?78101-Senate-GOP-questions-Boebert-push-for-Biden-impeachment&p=1011057#post1011057)
SUBTOPIC: Wasting Time
※→ Gunny, et al,

I agree as well.

(COMMENT)

Congress, both sides, seem to put the camera before the job. I think that this entire impeachment exercise is part of a greater problem. The Members just want to prance around in front of the media and exaggerate their importance. The members always have time for the cameras in the radio and tv gallery, but year after year, the budget is late getting approved.

Most Respectfully,
RCompletely agree. Especially in reference to the budget. That has been an annual thorn in my side since I was a private. One thing that has (had) (supposed) to be done annually. Got all year to do it. They played the same Mickey Mouse BS with the debt ceiling. Stared like deer in the headlights until the last minute. Heaven forbid they start working on it in earnest while there is sufficient time to come up with plan that is actually feasible.

Instead, it's an op for political grandstanding in the MSM.

I'm also not sure what the Republicans think they are gaining by being, or placing themselves in the position of being obstructionists. One such member (I'd have to look to recall name) is holding up military promotions until he gets his way. Quite sure they are upper-echelon Presidential appointments so I'm not feeling a whole lot of grief for General Officers not getting some more zeroes on their checks.

There is however a trickle-down effect all the way to at least E-5. Simply put, it's a pyramid and until that slot opens at the top, the bottom doesn't move. There's also perception among the ranks. The Republican't's are holding up promotions (and pay) over some political BS.

Point being, Republicans have relied a LOT on military votes.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2023, 12:00 PM
Completely agree. Especially in reference to the budget. That has been an annual thorn in my side since I was a private. One thing that has (had) (supposed) to be done annually. Got all year to do it. They played the same Mickey Mouse BS with the debt ceiling. Stared like deer in the headlights until the last minute. Heaven forbid they start working on it in earnest while there is sufficient time to come up with plan that is actually feasible.

Instead, it's an op for political grandstanding in the MSM.

I'm also not sure what the Republicans think they are gaining by being, or placing themselves in the position of being obstructionists. One such member (I'd have to look to recall name) is holding up military promotions until he gets his way. Quite sure they are upper-echelon Presidential appointments so I'm not feeling a whole lot of grief for General Officers not getting some more zeroes on their checks.

There is however a trickle-down effect all the way to at least E-5. Simply put, it's a pyramid and until that slot opens at the top, the bottom doesn't move. There's also perception among the ranks. The Republican't's are holding up promotions (and pay) over some political BS.

Point being, Republicans have relied a LOT on military votes.

Those men and women defend this nation!
And there never should be any kind of hold up on their pay raises.