PDA

View Full Version : Media Shocks WH Acting Like Journalists

Kathianne
06-26-2023, 06:07 PM
Watching the opening of Jesse Watters show cause I was too busy reading to change. It's about his shock at how the WH press corp is all in the face of the gay/black female(?) WH spokesperson who starts to drown, then replaced by DOD spokesman, John Kirby, who also walks away when pressed about Hunter's email with Zhang supposedly with Papa Joe sitting next to him. Both 'refused' to talk about such nonsense.

Just maybe. . .

Gunny
06-26-2023, 07:40 PM
Watching the opening of Jesse Watters show cause I was too busy reading to change. It's about his shock at how the WH press corp is all in the face of the gay/black female(?) WH spokesperson who starts to drown, then replaced by DOD spokesman, John Kirby, who also walks away when pressed about Hunter's email with Zhang supposedly with Papa Joe sitting next to him. Both 'refused' to talk about such nonsense.

Just maybe. . .?

Racist :smoke:

Kathianne
06-26-2023, 08:21 PM
WSJ has some on this too:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bidens-malarkey-defense-hunter-taxes-fraud-gun-charge-whistleblower-bribery-fbi-6ffa15e0?mod=hp_opin_pos_2#cxrecs_s

OPINIONMAIN STREET
Joe Biden’s ‘Malarkey’ Defense of Hunter
Amid new evidence, the president reprises his strategy from 2020.
William McGurn

June 26, 2023 6:21 pm ET

Just when Joe Biden thought the Hunter business was behind him, new evidence is pulling him back in. This time it won’t be as easy suppress as in 2020.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer has forced into public the existence of a Federal Bureau of Investigation FD-1023 form detailing an informant’s claim that a Burisma executive paid $5 million each in bribes to then-Vice President Biden and his son. After the bureau begrudgingly let a few members of Congress look at the document, Sen. Chuck Grassley revealed the FBI had redacted the part about the executive saying he had 17 audio recordings of conversations with Joe and Hunter Biden.

At the White House, meanwhile, it was déjà vu all over again. John Kirby, the National Security Council coordinator for strategic communications, refused to answer whether the WhatsApp message undermined the president’s repeated claims of ignorance about Hunter’s foreign business dealings. Mr. Kirby declared, “I am not going to address this issue from this podium”—and walked off.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre picked up the ball, making clear that if reporters asked “anything related to—to Hunter, I’m just not going to respond to it from here.”

Whatever this is, it isn’t a winning strategy for 2024. Especially with Republican subpoenas still coming. On Sunday, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy raised the possibility of impeaching Mr. Garland over this.

Remember, the whistleblowers are all testifying under pain of a perjury charge if they lie, and their allegations are relatively easy to prove or disprove. IRS career investigator Gary Shapley Jr. testified about a 2022 meeting of prosecutors and FBI and IRS agents he found shocking. He says U.S. Attorney David Weiss—who was overseeing the Hunter Biden investigation—told them three things.

First, that Mr. Weiss wasn’t the “deciding official” when it came to bringing charges. Second, that Matthew Graves, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, wouldn’t allow him to bring charges against Hunter there. And third, that he had asked for special-counsel status and his request was denied.

This testimony contradicts Mr. Garland’s claim that Mr. Weiss had full authority to charge what and where he wanted. It also contradicts Mr. Weiss’s own claim in a letter to the House Judiciary Committee that he was the “ultimate authority.” But all of it can easily be cleared up by having those allegedly at the meeting, including Mr. Weiss, testify under oath.

Other allegations also deserve answers under oath. Did Assistant U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf really call Hunter Biden’s defense counsel about a Northern Virginia storage unit, ruining investigators’ plans for a search? And why did she allegedly tell agents interviewing Hunter business associate Rob Walker not to ask about “dad” or “the big guy”?

Ultimately, Hunter Biden will himself be called to testify before the House. Maybe he’ll refuse to say anything. That may be best for him. But for his president father, running for re-election, having his son come across like Vito Genovese taking the Fifth dozens of times before questions about shell companies and payments to himself and his dad isn’t a great look.

When Hunter Biden agreed to his plea deal last week, his lawyer said he did so with the understanding the investigation was resolved. Perhaps that part is. But for Joe Biden, Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray, it’s only just begun.

Gunny
06-28-2023, 05:50 PM
WSJ has some on this too:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bidens-malarkey-defense-hunter-taxes-fraud-gun-charge-whistleblower-bribery-fbi-6ffa15e0?mod=hp_opin_pos_2#cxrecs_s

Okay. I'll see your "maybe". Was going to suggest the question for the MSM and Dems might become "How do we backstep out of this and pretend we haven't been complicit the whole time?". The attention span of the the American public answers that. We just wait for next big thing. Biden has enough self-created flashpoints at his disposal to choose from.

The MSM (and Dems) can go screw themselves if they want to cry victim to me. This is THEIR creation.

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 05:56 PM
Okay. I'll see your "maybe". Was going to suggest the question for the MSM and Dems might become "How do we backstep out of this and pretend we haven't been complicit the whole time?". The attention span of the the American public answers that. We just wait for next big thing. Biden has enough self-created flashpoints at his disposal to choose from.

The MSM (and Dems) can go screw themselves if they want to cry victim to me. This is THEIR creation.

I was with you, still have my doubts. Watch the Baier interview if you can, it was something. Seriously. So has been the commenters: Hume, Ford, Kim Strassel, and Bryan York.