PDA

View Full Version : The Walls Closing In On Biden

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 06:46 AM
Do not mean they aren't on Trump too. We need different choices.

https://thespectator.com/topic/walls-closing-joe-biden-corruption-hunter-irs-white-house-trump/

Are the walls closing in on ol’ Joe?You don’t have to choose between the allegations against Biden and Trump. Both sets could both be true

June 27, 2023 | 5:18 pm

Confronted with devastating evidence of Biden family grifting, the president’s advocates are abandoning their old defenses and trying some new ones.

Some are attempting to change the subject. Nancy Pelosi offers a sterling example. Asked about the latest evidence connecting Joe Biden with Hunter’s corrupt schemes, she replied that she was too busy defending women’s reproductive rights. Not exactly a full-throated defense of the president. Still others are repeating the familiar refrain, “But Trump is worse.” (More on that in a minute.)

Finally, a shrinking band of Biden supporters are sticking with their old line: you may have caught everyone who shares Joe’s DNA, but you haven’t caught ol’ Joe himself. That’s true, but the evidence of the president’s involvement is mounting and the allegations are detailed. The charges are so obvious and the evidence so serious that even mainstream reporters are asking about them. The president’s press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, stands mute. So does her more competent stand-in, John Kirby. KJP not only told the press she knows nothing, she told them she would not privately ask the president about the charges so she could respond to press inquiries.

What Joe’s defenders are increasingly reluctant to say is, “He had absolutely nothing to do with the vast sums raked in by his son, brother, daughter-in-law and minor grandchildren. He knew nothing. He had no knowledge of the intricate web of shell companies his family used to move money around and hide its sources and recipients. He doesn’t know any honest business people who have used these covert methods. He did nothing to help his son, Hunter, his brother, James, or other family members. The president is completely ignorant of anything they did and did nothing to help them.” That’s his story.

Still, Joe’s defenders do have one last line of defense, and it’s a familiar one. “What about Trump? Isn’t he worse?” As evidence of corruption, they point to Jared Kushner’s extremely lucrative deals in the Middle East, made after Trump left office. They have support from at least one articulate Republican, with a lot of prosecutorial experience, Chris Christie. He jailed Jared’s father years ago and has said the son’s deals are another sign of corrupt, insider politics.

Whether Christie is right or not, the allegations that both Biden and Trump are corrupt makes false comparisons and misses the larger point.

Take the Kushner deals. Jared wasn’t simply a nameplate, as Hunter was. Jared was a senior White House advisor and played a central role in facilitating the Abraham Accords (a term the Biden administration will not even utter). Second, after the Trump administration ended and Kushner got his deal, it was clear Jared was no longer inside Trump’s political circle and was out of favor with the former president. Third, Trump himself made his money not by monetizing his public position, but by inheritance, real estate projects, and television fame. In fact, holding public office probably cost Trump money, which was only partially offset by people staying at his Washington hotel. By contrast, public office was the real source of Biden family wealth.

There is a larger point here. The most damning allegations against Donald Trump are very different from those against Joe Biden. They are that Trump sought to undermine our constitutional democracy by refusing to accept the outcome of a legitimate presidential election.

Those charges are true; what’s still unproven is whether he did anything illegal in the process. Trump did refuse to accept the 2020 outcome and still refuses, as he made clear in a recent interview with Bret Baier on Fox News. Whether that refusal involved illegal acts is the heart of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s inquiries about “fake electors” and encouraging January 6 rioters. (Those are separate from the charges about holding classified documents at Mar-a-Lago and lying about returning them.)

The allegations against Joe Biden are that he was the centerpiece of a family enrichment operation, monetized his public position, that he was well aware of his son and brother’s activities, and that his allies in the DoJ and IRS blocked inquiries in this tangle of corruption.

You don’t have to choose between the allegations against Biden and Trump. Sadly for our country, they could both be true.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-28-2023, 07:06 AM
Do not mean they aren't on Trump too. We need different choices.

https://thespectator.com/topic/walls-closing-joe-biden-corruption-hunter-irs-white-house-trump/

In my opinion that comparison is weak, very weak. Biden and family are corrupt. That is very easy to see. As we have--"the big guy getting his
cut".....
Besides Biden has a history showing he is a scheming fool. -Tyr

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 07:10 AM
In my opinion that comparison is weak, very weak. Biden and family are corrupt. That is very easy to see. As we have--"the big guy getting his
cut".....
Besides Biden has a history showing he is a scheming fool. -Tyr

The Bidens were in it for the money and power; Trump is more complicated, though power certainly involved. Trump not returning the papers, especially anything concerning foreign affairs, decisions, possible decisions, etc., endanger the country. Biden is a common criminal, imo. Trump is just plain bad for the country at this point and perhaps dangerous in his fixation on revenge and having been done wrong.

Trump has plenty of reasons to think he was conspired against, he certainly was. That also doesn't excuse his own wrong doings.

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 07:14 AM
This is what closing in walls look like, ask RMN, (Ok he's dead). Of course, the NYT would rather not have revealed, so they tried to bury it, but too many journalists, MSM or not, are starting to actually act like reporters:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/06/28/nyt-quietly-confirms-the-allegation-that-merrick-garland-lied-to-congress-about-hunter-n561135

NYT quietly confirms the allegation that Merrick Garland lied to Congress about HunterDAVID STROM 8:01 AM on June 28, 2023

It took 21 paragraphs to reveal the most explosive fact in its story, but while the fact is buried, the New York Times did publish the fact that it had confirmed one of the most explosive revelations by the IRS whistleblowers who are challenging the Narrative in the Hunter Biden investigation.

At issue is the claim that US Attorney David Weiss had free rein to charge Hunter Biden for any criminal acts uncovered in the investigation he was conducting. Both Attorney General Merrick Garland and US Attorney Weiss have testified or claimed that there was no political interference in the investigation, and the IRS whistleblowers have alleged that there was quite a bit.

We do know that the IRS investigators were shown the door after making it clear that they felt the case was being improperly run–I wrote about that fact a while back, and that stinks to high heaven.

But these latest allegations are far more serious: they include perjury on the part of the Attorney General, and lying to Congress on the part of Weiss. If true, both men are theoretically in legal jeopardy, and any fig leaf that the case wasn’t rigged–we all know it was, but couldn’t prove it–flies off into the winds of a hurricane.

Well, according to the NYT, they have confirmed at least one of the allegations made by the whistleblower: that Weiss enquired about charging Biden in California on charges related to crimes he committed there (even federal crimes are charged in the jurisdiction in which they took place) and he was denied permission to do so.

This directly contradicts the claims that Weiss had complete charging authority; if he did, he could not have been denied permission. This is also supported by the fact that the charges to which Biden pleaded guilty were filed in DC, which is not the appropriate jurisdiction, suggesting that Weiss (who does not represent the government in DC) did not make the final decision. This is, at the very least, unusual.

But in mid-2022, Mr. Weiss reached out to the top federal prosecutor in Washington, Matthew Graves, to ask his office to pursue charges and was rebuffed, according to Mr. Shapley’s testimony.

A similar request to prosecutors in the Central District of California, which includes Los Angeles, was also rejected, Mr. Shapley testified. A second former I.R.S. official, who has not been identified, told House Republicans the same story. That episode was confirmed independently to The New York Times by a person with knowledge of the situation.

While Mr. Weiss had the authority to pursue leads that led to jurisdictions other than his own in Delaware, the department’s practices dictated that he secure the approval and cooperation of the U.S. attorneys in those districts before proceeding.

Prior to this little tidbit the Times went to great pains to question the veracity of Shapley’s allegations (Shapley is one of the whistleblowers), but by dropping the bombshell that the Times confirmed one of his most explosive allegations, it’s pretty clear that his credibility should be higher than the people we now definitively know misled everybody.

We now have 3 independent sources–the two whistleblowers and the Time’s third, confirming source–all stating that Merrick Garland lied to Congress. The Times seems pretty sure that this is the case–they have “confirmed” this.

That is a pretty big bombshell to drop in the 21st paragraph of a story.

Black Diamond
06-28-2023, 12:45 PM
Took me a minute :cool:to get Richard Milhouse Nixon.

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 02:20 PM
Gobsmacked. CBS reporter asking real questions, respectfully:

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/06/28/who-let-the-dogs-out-cbs-goes-after-hunter-biden-and-garland-n561131

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 05:47 PM
I'm still watching the 'opinions' regarding the IRS whistleblower interviewed by Bret Baier. It was a great interview, both because Baier knows what the hell he's doing and the IRS supervisor wanted to have his say.

Brit Hume's opening, "I think this is beginning to hit critical mass..." Harold Ford immediately said, "I agree with Brit, if we don't see Weiss opening up to interviews before next week, Congress is going to go totally nuclear. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Democrats beginning to go with Republicans on this."

I'm not holding my breath, but I do think there comes points where controlling the narrative no longer holds.

Gunny
06-28-2023, 06:12 PM
I'm still watching the 'opinions' regarding the IRS whistleblower interviewed by Bret Baier. It was a great interview, both because Baier knows what the hell he's doing and the IRS supervisor wanted to have his say.

Brit Hume's opening, "I think this is beginning to hit critical mass..." Harold Ford immediately said, "I agree with Brit, if we don't see Weiss opening up to interviews before next week, Congress is going to go totally nuclear. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Democrats beginning to go with Republicans on this."

I'm not holding my breath, but I do think there comes points where controlling the narrative no longer holds.Except for those who refuse to let go. Back to the original, Both are guilty thing ... Lesser degree of guilt does not exonerate the less guilty. My grandkids try that strategy at least weekly. Rat out the other because they got caught.

How does a bias DOJ recuse itself? There's another closing its eyes and turning its back pretending reality isn't over its shoulder.

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 06:14 PM
Except for those who refuse to let go. Back to the original, Both are guilty thing ... Lesser degree of guilt does not exonerate the less guilty. My grandkids try that strategy at least weekly. Rat out the other because they got caught.

How does a bias DOJ recuse itself? There's another closing its eyes and turning its back pretending reality isn't over its shoulder.

From what I've picked up, there's now 6 whistleblowers, between the IRS and FBI. There is critical mass.

Gunny
06-28-2023, 06:22 PM
From what I've picked up, there's now 6 whistleblowers, between the IRS and FBI. There is critical mass.I really haven't had a chance to look the past couple of days. Summer break does NOT mean for me. Constantly one kid or the others.

Last I saw, the Dems and MSM were pshawing the whistleblowers. I sincerely hope it plays out the way it should. Not only holding criminals accountable, but justifying the investigations might salvage something for the GOP.

Kathianne
06-28-2023, 06:38 PM
I really haven't had a chance to look the past couple of days. Summer break does NOT mean for me. Constantly one kid or the others.

Last I saw, the Dems and MSM were pshawing the whistleblowers. I sincerely hope it plays out the way it should. Not only holding criminals accountable, but justifying the investigations might salvage something for the GOP.

Like you, I'm holding some skepticism, yet one has to begin questioning the nays, when CBS and CNN are starting to not only interview these folks, but WH reporters are starting to question Biden-he really lost it today.

Gunny
06-29-2023, 04:30 PM
Like you, I'm holding some skepticism, yet one has to begin questioning the nays, when CBS and CNN are starting to not only interview these folks, but WH reporters are starting to question Biden-he really lost it today.

I keep getting the feeling the Dems/left/bureaucracy are going to let Biden twist in the wind. Said this before more than once: The Republicans getting rid of Biden for them seems like a win/win for them, IMO. They don't have to be the ones to tell him to go home and can turn it against the Republicans in the MSM as witch hunters, etc.

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 04:33 PM
I keep getting the feeling the Dems/left/bureaucracy are going to let Biden twist in the wind. Said this before more than once: The Republicans getting rid of Biden for them seems like a win/win for them, IMO. They don't have to be the ones to tell him to go home and can turn it against the Republicans in the MSM as witch hunters, etc.

I don't think this is the way they wish to get rid of Biden. With that said, it seems that there must be some Democrats that are now arguing with themselves when they are going to get ahead of the pack and call for special prosecutor on cover-up via Biden/Garland.

Gunny
06-29-2023, 04:42 PM
I don't think this is the way they wish to get rid of Biden. With that said, it seems that there must be some Democrats that are now arguing with themselves when they are going to get ahead of the pack and call for special prosecutor on cover-up via Biden/Garland.Perhaps. My guesswork assumes primary motive for Dems is political, treacherous and deceitful. YOURS assumes some integrity and honesty from the Dems :poke:

I honestly can't say. I guess it comes down to whether or not Dems think this is no win and getting in on the ground floor to NOT let the Republicans get all the credit. That smell of an ego problem to me.

Now if the Republicans would just go after the Donald with as much vim and vigor:rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 04:46 PM
Perhaps. My guesswork assumes primary motive for Dems is political, treacherous and deceitful. YOURS assumes some integrity and honesty from the Dems :poke:

I honestly can't say. I guess it comes down to whether or not Dems think this is no win and getting in on the ground floor to NOT let the Republicans get all the credit. That smell of an ego problem to me.

Now if the Republicans would just go after the Donald with as much vim and vigor:rolleyes:

Integrity isn't the only motivator. Bragging rights of 'being above party,' isn't a small political plus with moderates, especially college educated suburban women; something GOP should be more aware of.

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 05:42 PM
IMO, this bone between what Weiss said and Garland claims may well be the reason we see damning resignations or impeachments:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/merrick-garlands-cheap-talk-hunter-biden-fbi-investigation-irs-whistleblower-felony-charges-tax-470b46ac?st=qnumoknh834do03&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

OPINION
POTOMAC WATCH
Merrick Garland’s Cheap Talk
He has an obligation to prove the Hunter Biden probe wasn’t tainted by politics.
By Kimberley A. Strassel Follow
June 29, 2023 6:09 pm ET

Attorney General Merrick Garland had a lot to say last week about the Justice Department’s Hunter Biden investigation. But talk is cheap. Mr. Garland has an obligation to prove his assertions of Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss’s authority in that probe. If he can.

The attorney general was insistent in a Friday press conference that Justice Department brass hadn’t interfered in the probe into Joe Biden’s son, and that Mr. Weiss was “given complete authority to make all decisions,” including “to prosecute any way in which he wanted to and in any district in which he wanted to.” He said Mr. Weiss had never asked him for special-counsel authority, even as he claimed the Delaware prosecutor has “in fact more authority” than that of a special counsel.

Mr. Garland’s statements are completely at odds with testimony from IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley. That investigator says prosecutors working for Mr. Weiss wanted to charge Hunter with felony tax offenses in the District of Columbia and California. But he says Mr. Weiss surprised him and others in an October 2022 meeting by saying he was “not the deciding official on whether charges are filed,” and explained that the Biden-appointed U.S. attorney for the capital, Matthew Graves, wouldn’t allow charges to proceed. Mr. Shapley said that Mr. Weiss “stated that he subsequently asked for special counsel authority from Main DOJ at that time and was denied that authority” and was “told to follow the process.”

Mr. Shapley documented this exchange in an email he sent to his supervisor—who was also at the meeting and who verified Mr. Shapley’s account of it in the email. Mr. Shapley says he later found out that Mr. Weiss had been blocked from pursuing charges in California by another Biden appointee, Martin Estrada. The New York Times this week confirmed the California episode—although it buried that confirmation deep in a story about these “competing accounts.”

The Times seemed more interested in fogging the air, suggesting the whole thing may come down to “miscommunication” or “clashing substantive judgments among agencies over how best to pursue a prosecution.” Expect more such obfuscation from Mr. Garland’s defenders and the Justice Department itself. But don’t be taken in. There are only two relevant questions here, both of which will have documented answers. First, is it true that the president’s appointed attorneys refused to bring charges against the president’s son in their districts, defying a team that had spent years building a case? Second, was Mr. Weiss ever given formal authority to bring those charges on his own?

The answer to the first question already looks to be yes, and it alone constitutes a scandal. If the team appointed to investigate Hunter wanted cases prosecuted in certain jurisdictions, and those cases failed to proceed on the say-so of Biden appointees, it destroys Mr. Garland’s claims that the case was insulated from politics. And no one will have to rely solely on Mr. Shapley’s word or emails, already partly backed by the Times reporting. His attorneys provided the names of others present at that October meeting, and they’ll testify. Assuming the U.S. attorneys did block the effort, there will be an extensive document trail: travel vouchers by those who presented the cases in Washington and California, documents from those presentations, emails about the decision. The department might try to block production of those documents from Congress, but federal inspectors general are now also on the case.

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 05:56 PM
Couldn't say it better myself:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/charlie-martin/2023/06/29/hunter-biden-by-gaslight-n1707393

NEWS & POLITICSHunter Biden by Gaslight
BY CHARLIE MARTIN 5:41 PM ON JUNE 29, 2023

In a sane world — which, apparently, this isn’t — the ongoing story of Hunter Biden’s laptop and the amazing generosity of multiple countries’ oligarchs and officials in giving millions of dollars, not to mention diamonds, to the Biden family would be the top story nearly every day, as Watergate was in the early ’70s.

Of course, it’s not. In fact, the New York-to-Washington media/government hegemony has tried its best not only to avoid the topic, but it also cooperated for years trying to suppress it in favor of the “Russian collusion” hoax.

For those of us of a certain age, this isn’t unfamiliar. Sometime shortly after World War II, news became more and more dominated by television news, which pretty exclusively came out of the two weights on the Acela dumbbell, driven by the Washington Post and the New York “all the news that fits our political purposes to print” Times. So we saw the Johnson “little girl and mushroom cloud” advertisement in ’64, Walter Cronkite told us the Vietnam War was lost after what was objectively a military victory in the Tet Offensive in ’68, and of course, there was Watergate in ’72–’75.

So it seems to me the big story now is not Hunter Biden as much as it is the fact that the legacy media hegemony has actually been dragged, kicking and screaming, to asking President-lite Biden about the Hunter Biden succession of scandal after scandal.

Biden, of course, is just outraged by the questions, more so now that he can’t just tell us the Fox reporters are “one-horse ponies.”

It actually reminds me of the run-up to the 2004 election. CBS’s flagship Sunday prime-time news show, 60 Minutes, had a massive scoop. It had obtained documentary proof, in the form of memos-to-file by his superiors, claiming that George W. Bush had used connections and family influence to enlist in the Texas Air National Guard rather than be drafted during Vietnam.

Something unexpected happened, though. The blogosphere looked at the memos and quickly noticed that the most damning memo had been typed and printed using Microsoft Word decades before Microsoft Word was actually a thing. CBS tried to dismiss it as the work of bloggers “in their pajamas,” but that didn’t work — although the phrase may be familiar to our current readers. The Internet’s freedom of speech had won.

When the smoke cleared, Bush had been re-elected, the producer had been fired, and Dan Rather was no longer CBS News’ Managing Editor — and shortly was “allowed to retire.” In line with the news tradition that all scandals must have a name ending in “-gate,” this became known as “Rathergate.”

So now we have Hunter’s laptop. During the Obama administration, the close relationships in the media hegemony went from being merely close to frank concupiscence. The government applied pressure not only to the press but to the major internet players to suppress the story, while the Clintons’ operation, 51 retired intelligence officials, and the legacy media lit the gaslight to try and convince us that it was all “Russian disinformation.”

Clearly, at least one lesson had been learned: the freedom of speech promised to all Americans must be suppressed and censored, and unauthorized opinions must be labeled mis- or disinformation.

This story starting to come out on the hegemonic press makes this, in my opinion, the really big story of recent weeks. The Twitter files, along with Merritt Garland’s and Chris Wray’s glaring lies, alerted the American populace to an attempt to fool us again. The media hegemony had to finally notice that it must either report the story or lose what little credibility it had left.

The facts about the Russia collusion info-op and the parallel suppression for years of the Bidens’ mystery income and its sources came out because of news coverage that finally couldn’t be suppressed because, as my friend John Gilmore said, the internet sees censorship as damage and routes around it.

Plea for $$ follows-you may want to read it.

Gunny
06-29-2023, 06:51 PM
Couldn't say it better myself:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/charlie-martin/2023/06/29/hunter-biden-by-gaslight-n1707393Agree.

SassyLady
06-29-2023, 07:01 PM
Deep State ... 3 letter agencies and MSM

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 07:04 PM
Deep State ... 3 letter agencies and MSM

I don't have much hope for USA constitutionally anyways. Where I sometimes feel hope are stories like Rathergate or this, where the MSM is forced into doing what it was purposed to do. Pressure isn't from agencies as much as ignorant people, the willing and not.

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 12:26 PM
It would be fine with me if Biden is undergoing the scrutiny of impeachment inquiry while The Don is testifying on tv during the last days of election. Somehow this would be very fitting all around.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/the-gun-charge-is-a-sideshow

The gun charge is a sideshowBy Elizabeth Stauffer September 09, 2023 06:00 AM

President Joe Biden insists there was an “absolute wall” between himself and his family’s overseas business adventures. Too bad for him, that wall appears to be crumbling.

But as the truth about Biden’s knowledge of and likely financial benefit from these deals emerges, the media are focused on the one charge against Hunter Biden that has nothing to do with the president: He lied on a 2018 federal gun form by claiming he was neither addicted to or even using any illegal drugs at the time.

The Department of Justice wants people to know it is on it. It takes it so seriously that special counsel David Weiss promises to indict Hunter Biden by the end of the month on the charge (before the statute of limitations in this case expires). In a Wednesday court filing, the Weiss team stated, “The Speedy Trial Act requires that the Government obtain the return of an indictment by a grand jury by Friday, September 29, 2023, at the earliest. The Government intends to seek the return of an indictment in this case before that date.”

The sudden concern for the Speedy Trial Act regarding a case that has dragged on for five years would be laughable if the implications weren’t so serious.

Putting aside the possibility that the misguided diversion agreement reached between prosecutors and Hunter Biden’s legal team in June may yet hold up, an indictment of Hunter Biden on a gun charge is a sideshow intended to divert attention from the president’s involvement in the family’s vast pay-to-play business.

Despite the government’s desperate attempts to distract from Joe Biden’s alleged complicity in the family’s grift, which includes an administrationwide stonewalling campaign and four indictments of his most formidable political opponent, evidence of his guilt continues to be exposed on a weekly basis. And it is slowly being corroborated by bank records, eyewitnesses, emails, text messages, and other communications.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) revealed on Wednesday that his team had discovered a Dec. 4, 2015, email from Eric Schwerin, a longtime Biden family business associate, to Kate Bedingfield, who served at the time as then-Vice President Joe Biden’s communications director. According to the Oversight Committee, Schwerin “provid[ed] quotes the White House should use in response to media outreach regarding Hunter Biden’s role in Burisma.”

Several hours later, Bedingfield replied: “VP signed off on this.”

Let that sink in for a moment. Considering Joe Biden’s fierce denials that he had any knowledge of his son’s business dealings, it’s kind of strange that his own staff members would have such a close working relationship with Hunter Biden’s business associates.

In a Wednesday letter to the National Archives and Records Administration, in which he requested numerous pertinent documents, Comer wrote: “The timing of this email traffic is concerning to the Committee. According to Devon Archer (another longtime Biden family business associate), after a Burisma board of directors meeting in Dubai — on the evening of December 4, 2015 (midday in Washington, D.C.) — Hunter Biden ‘called D.C.’ to discuss pressure that Burisma asked him to relieve.”

It gets worse. Three days later, Joe Biden flew to Ukraine. It was during this trip that Joe Biden delivered his now-infamous ultimatum to then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko: fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin (who was investigating Burisma’s founder and then-President Mykola Zlochevsky) or the United States would withhold $1 billion in aid.

Combine this with the Oversight Committee’s discovery in July of a November 2015 email exchange between Hunter Biden, Archer, Schwerin, and Burisma executive Vadym Pozharskyi. The messages, reported by the New York Post in October 2020 and verified by Fox News Digital in July, reveal the “ultimate purpose” of Burisma’s cushy job offer to Hunter Biden: to end "any cases/pursuits against Nikolay.” (Pozharskyi refers to Zlochevsky as “Nikolay.”)

It also supports the allegations made in a June 2020 FBI 1023 report from a highly credible informant that Joe Biden and Hunter Biden were paid $5 million each by Zlochevsky to alter U.S. policy. And don’t forget FBI Director Christopher Wray’s rabid efforts to keep that report from ever seeing the light of day.

The story is all starting to come together. GOP investigators have already connected most of the dots, but definitive proof will require additional documents. And the Biden administration is not cooperating. House Republicans may be forced to open an impeachment inquiry into the president to obtain this evidence.

Still, the DOJ tries to distract. Memo to Attorney General Merrick Garland and Weiss: The gun charge is a sideshow, and the public knows it.

AHZ
09-10-2023, 12:40 PM
I don't have much hope for USA constitutionally anyways. Where I sometimes feel hope are stories like Rathergate or this, where the MSM is forced into doing what it was purposed to do. Pressure isn't from agencies as much as ignorant people, the willing and not.

yes. we're all to blame.

yawn.

stop playing the blame game and get into the now and realize the real political agency you do have.

be somebody.

Vote Trump 2024. anything else is just terrorism.

Gunny
09-10-2023, 12:41 PM
It would be fine with me if Biden is undergoing the scrutiny of impeachment inquiry while The Don is testifying on tv during the last days of election. Somehow this would be very fitting all around.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/the-gun-charge-is-a-sideshowWhatever will the MSM do?

Black Diamond
09-10-2023, 12:51 PM
yes. we're all to blame.

yawn.

stop playing the blame game and get into the now and realize the real political agency you do have.

be somebody.

Troll of all trolls you are.

AHZ
09-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Troll of all trolls you are.

American Exceptionalism.
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Gunny
09-10-2023, 01:04 PM
American Exceptionalism.
:salute::salute::salute::salute: Thread banned

fj1200
09-10-2023, 02:17 PM

Everyone should support your guy but you won't support anyone else's. You're a hack.

Kathianne
09-12-2023, 10:41 AM
Yes, no alternative:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/impeaching-joe-biden-hunter-house-gop-mccarthy-justice-irs-bf13d0c5?st=03u5vfjxcfnro58&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

OPINIONMAIN STREET
Impeaching Joe Biden
A proper inquiry is a road back from Nancy Pelosi’s cutting every corner to get Trump.
William McGurn Sept. 11, 2023 6:40 pm ET

It may turn out that Joe Biden committed no crime. But even if he never received a nickel from his son’s businesses, his cooperation in Hunter’s selling of the Biden brand was corrupt. Ditto for President Biden’s Justice Department, which repeatedly sabotaged the federal investigation into Hunter.

The party line is that there’s no evidence that Joe Biden profited from his son’s dealings. But the administration has stonewalled any effort to get at the truth, and the White House is now building a war room of lawyers and communications staffers to fight the investigations. It’s disingenuous to argue there’s no evidence while you are working overtime to thwart any attempt to find evidence.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 04:13 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oversight-dems-admit-hunter-business-partner-handled-bidens-finances-throughout-vp-tenure

Oversight Dems admit Hunter's longtime business partner handled Biden’s finances throughout VP tenureOversight Dems say Schwerin was Biden's 'bookkeeper,' but Schwerin's lawyer disputes term
By Jessica Chasmar , Cameron Cawthorne Fox News
Published September 14, 2023 6:39pm EDT

FIRST ON FOX: House Democrats acknowledged Wednesday that Hunter Biden’s then-business partner, Eric Schwerin, handled President Biden’s finances for the duration of his vice presidency.

A spokesperson for the Democrat minority of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability told Fox News Digital that Schwerin, the former president of Hunter’s Rosemont Seneca Advisors and a frequent visitor to the Obama-Biden White House, served as then-Vice President Biden’s "bookkeeper" from 2009 to 2017.

"Notably, Mr. Schwerin, who served as then-Vice President Biden’s bookkeeper from 2009 to 2017, explained that he was not aware of any transactions into or out of the then-Vice President’s bank account related to business conducted by any Biden family member," the spokesperson said in a statement.

The statement came after Fox News Digital inquired about a section of the White House’s lengthy memo to the media on Wednesday as it scrambles to respond to House Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into President Biden.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 10:14 AM
I'm not expecting much from the gun charges, though if it were you or me, we'd have been in jail by now.

While I'm happy that some of the corruption has been shown; while I'm glad someone like Catherine Herridge is opening the eyes of some that watch CBS, I don't hold out much hope of actual relief since the GOP may just collapse on going further and there is the 'Senate' which at present seems impossible to think there'd be any defections regardless of evidence.

Still it's nice to see this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservatives-praise-mccarthy-for-grilling-reporter-until-she-admits-gop-has-evidence-of-biden-wrongdoing

Conservatives praise McCarthy for grilling reporter until she 'admits' GOP has evidence of Biden wrongdoingHouse Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave the go ahead for an impeachment inquiry for President Biden earlier this week
By Andrew Mark Miller Fox News
Published September 15, 2023 9:01am EDT

In the clip, AP reporter Farnoush Amiri asked McCarthy about fellow Republicans who have said that the investigation into President Biden has yet to show an impeachable offense at this point.

"Is that an assessment you share?" Amiri asked.

WHITE HOUSE CALLED OUT FOR LETTER TO MEDIA URGING 'SCRUTINY' ON BIDEN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY: 'OUTRAGEOUS'

Kevin McCarthy
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy speaks to reporters on Thursday. (C-Span)

"You know, an impeachment inquiry is not an impeachment," McCarthy responded, "What an impeachment inquiry is to do is to get answers to questions. Are you concerned about all the stuff that was recently learned?"

McCarthy then went through a list of instances that many have characterized as possible evidence of wrongdoing from the president.

"Do you believe the president lied to the American public when he said he'd never talked to his son about his business dealings?" McCarthy asked "Yes or no?"

"I can't answer that," Amiri replied.

"Do you believe when they said the president went on conference calls? Do you believe that happened?" McCarthy asked.

"That's what the testimony says," Amiri answered.

BIDEN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY COULD RESULT IN 'HUMILIATING LOSS' IF GOP DOESN'T HAVE THE VOTES, LEGAL EXPERT WARNS

Joe and Hunter Biden
President Biden, right, and his son Hunter Biden. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

"Do you believe the president went to Cafe Milano and had dinner with the clients of Hunter Biden, who believes he got those clients because he was selling the brand?"

"That's what the testimony said," Amiri answered.

"Do you believe Hunter Biden, when you saw the video of him driving the Porsche, that he got $143,000 to buy that Porsche the next day? Do you believe that $3 million from the Russian oligarch that was transferred to the shell companies that the Biden's controlled after the dinner from Cafe Milano took place?" McCarthy asked.

McCarthy then asked Amiri again if she believed the president lied, to which she responded, "But is lying an impeachable offense?"

"All I'm saying is I would like to know the answer to these questions," McCarthy said. "The American public would like to know."

The clip was immediately picked up by conservatives on social media who slammed the narrative from many on the left who have claimed there is no evidence of wrongdoing related to President Biden and his family.

"This is what happens when reporters follow the White House’s commands to engage as activists with the Republican inquiry instead of as journalists impartially seeking facts," GOP strategist Matt Whitlock responded on X.

"It's on days like today where we see what the left wing foundations that bankroll the Associated Press get for their money," former Ted Cruz spokesperson Steve Guest posted online.

Gunny
09-15-2023, 12:14 PM
I'm not expecting much from the gun charges, though if it were you or me, we'd have been in jail by now.

While I'm happy that some of the corruption has been shown; while I'm glad someone like Catherine Herridge is opening the eyes of some that watch CBS, I don't hold out much hope of actual relief since the GOP may just collapse on going further and there is the 'Senate' which at present seems impossible to think there'd be any defections regardless of evidence.

Still it's nice to see this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservatives-praise-mccarthy-for-grilling-reporter-until-she-admits-gop-has-evidence-of-biden-wrongdoingFederal gun charges are simple. Biden can pardon Federal convicts.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Federal gun charges are simple. Biden can pardon Federal convicts.
He will lose the election then. He's already out of favor by conservatives, moderates, and a large segment of liberals.

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 12:22 PM
He will lose the election then. He's already out of favor by conservatives, moderates, and a large segment of liberals.

I guess it comes down to what's more important to him.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 12:24 PM
I guess it comes down to what's more important to him.
Let's hope it's Hunter. I don't want Trump, will not vote for him again, but better than Biden.

Gunny
09-15-2023, 12:28 PM
He will lose the election then. He's already out of favor by conservatives, moderates, and a large segment of liberals.He'd lose anyway if Trump would get out of the way.

What's he got to lose? Seriously. He's on his last leg. Whoever's pulling his strings will just have to find another puppet. Fetterman:rolleyes:

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 12:29 PM
He'd lose anyway if Trump would get out of the way.

What's he got to lose? Seriously. He's on his last leg. Whoever's pulling his strings will just have to find another puppet. Fetterman:rolleyes:
Yeah, but Trump is not going to get out of the way-UNLESS the dems court mess works as they want.

Gunny
09-15-2023, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but Trump is not going to get out of the way-UNLESS the dems court mess works as they want.Hard to figure out who is making it worse for Trump -- Trump or the Dems. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me much if it came out he was working for them all along. Not seeing much of a limit to the lengths they'll go to retain the power they abuse.

I don't see Biden living through another term. His mind didn't make it to his current one.