PDA

View Full Version : Biden's World

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 04:58 PM
Maybe having leaks. More 'when it rains, it pours...'? That's a lot of 'contributors.'

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/29/politics/rob-malley-leave-investigation-classified-material/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2023-06-29T21%3A42%3A37

Biden’s Iran envoy placed on leave after security clearance suspended amid investigation into possible mishandling of classified material, sources sayKylie Atwood Alex Marquardt Jeremy Herb Zachary Cohen
By Kylie Atwood, Alex Marquardt, Jeremy Herb and Zachary Cohen, CNN
Updated 5:35 PM EDT, Thu June 29, 2023

Rob Malley, the US special envoy on Iran, has been placed on leave without pay, which occurred after his security clearance was suspended earlier this year amid an investigation into his handling of classified material, multiple sources told CNN.

A US official said that Malley’s clearance was suspended amid a State Department diplomatic security investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information. Another source familiar with the matter said he was placed on unpaid leave on Thursday afternoon.

“I have been informed that my security clearance is under review. I have not been provided any further information, but I expect the investigation to be resolved favorably and soon. In the meantime, I am on leave,” Malley told CNN.

For a period of time following the State Department investigation, Malley remained on the job but was not allowed to access classified information, said the US official, who requested anonymity while discussing a sensitive matter.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

Gunny
06-29-2023, 05:06 PM
Maybe having leaks. More 'when it rains, it pours...'? That's a lot of 'contributors.'

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/29/politics/rob-malley-leave-investigation-classified-material/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2023-06-29T21%3A42%3A37Instance after instance of small fry paying the legal price while the big fish are above the law. Obviously this person is expendable.

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 05:09 PM
Instance after instance of small fry paying the legal price while the big fish are above the law. Obviously this person is expendable.

Actually, imo small fish like this are always going down. However, when blood is in the water, the sharks go after even minnows to make the hunting look good.

Bad news multiplies.

Gunny
06-29-2023, 05:16 PM
Actually, imo small fish like this are always going down. However, when blood is in the water, the sharks go after even minnows to make the hunting look good.

Bad news multiplies.It was SOP the entire time I was in the Marines that if you got caught caught screwing around with your clearance/classified material in any way, you were going down. Margin for error 0. That is why I threw such a damned fit about Hitlery's server when it happened.

My question though, is it not rather contrary to current best interest for current Admin to suddenly start hammering every little slight it see? At least for me, it draws more attention to to the fact that Hitlery walked, Biden's investigation is in somebody's bottom drawer, but they're going for Trump's genitals over the same damned crime. I consider letting Pence walk a lame attempt to get attention off of Biden.

Kathianne
06-29-2023, 05:20 PM
It was SOP the entire time I was in the Marines that if you got caught caught screwing around with your clearance/classified material in any way, you were going down. Margin for error 0. That is why I threw such a damned fit about Hitlery's server when it happened.

My question though, is it not rather contrary to current best interest for current Admin to suddenly start hammering every little slight it see? At least for me, it draws more attention to to the fact that Hitlery walked, Biden's investigation is in somebody's bottom drawer, but they're going for Trump's genitals over the same damned crime. I consider letting Pence walk a lame attempt to get attention off of Biden.

I think this is a case of selective reporting, not selective prosecution or rather investigation. Press is moving into shark mode, imo. If they can find a way to back off, they will. Right now though, they aren't seeing an alternative.