PDA

View Full Version : Activists want to disqualify Trump from ballot in key states under 14th Amendment

Gunny
07-07-2023, 05:35 PM
A stretch?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4086124-activists-want-to-disqualify-trump-from-ballot-in-key-states-under-14th-amendment/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-07-2023, 06:14 PM
A stretch?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4086124-activists-want-to-disqualify-trump-from-ballot-in-key-states-under-14th-amendment/

Hell yes, it is a massive stretch. Like stretching a rubber band from Los Angeles to New York city, imho.
But with the ffing shit they been pulling--who knows?--Tyr

fj1200
07-07-2023, 07:57 PM
A stretch?

If I'm not mistaken any conviction of a felony would disqualify him. These efforts were already attempted against some representatives already; Greene here in GA and they came up empty.

AHZ
07-08-2023, 08:48 AM
If I'm not mistaken any conviction of a felony would disqualify him. These efforts were already attempted against some representatives already; Greene here in GA and they came up empty.
you are mistaken.

fj1200
07-08-2023, 09:49 AM
you are mistaken.

The evidence you present is quite compelling. It's a good thing I looked it up for myself.

Gunny
07-08-2023, 10:14 AM

What I don't see is the conviction. While many hold Trump responsible for Jan 6th, he has not been convicted for it. Don't know that they could get one if they tried. IMO, that shoots down the premise of their argument.

Not that the law matters to these knuckleheads. They only use it when it is convenient for them to do so.

Gunny
07-08-2023, 10:16 AM
The evidence you present is quite compelling. It's a good thing I looked it up for myself.Clarification: any felony?

The argument is state level and felonies vary. Federal felony, maybe?

fj1200
07-08-2023, 10:32 AM
Clarification: any felony?

The argument is state level and felonies vary. Federal felony, maybe?

Constitutionally Federally speaking I think the only disqualifiers are insurrection in the 14th and Impeachment.

AHZ
07-08-2023, 10:59 AM
The evidence you present is quite compelling. It's a good thing I looked it up for myself.

a felony does not make one ineligible for the presidency.

fj1200
07-08-2023, 11:26 AM

Keep up with the times.

Constitutionally Federally speaking I think the only disqualifiers are insurrection in the 14th and Impeachment.

AHZ
07-08-2023, 11:27 AM
Keep up with the times.

a felony does not disqualify one from running for president.

you were mistaken.

fj1200
07-08-2023, 11:29 AM

you were mistaken.

Correct. It happens on occasion.

AHZ
07-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Correct. It happens on occasion.

:dance:

Gunny
07-09-2023, 09:27 AM

you were mistaken.Again, at what level? If a State-level felony conviction renders one ineligible to vote and/or hold public office, it stands to reason one also cannot run for public office.

In the scenario presented, focus is on disqualification at State level. Assuming both are correct, a person could run for the Federal position of President but cannot appear on the ballot in disqualifying States.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out not appearing on the ballot in key states would pretty-much doom any chances.