PDA

View Full Version : Trump threat to skip first debate divides GOP

Gunny
07-11-2023, 09:55 AM
Republicans are divided over whether former President Trump should show up at the first Republican presidential debate scheduled for Aug. 23 in Milwaukee, with some warning it would be a bad look for their party if Trump skips it.

:lmao:Little bit late for that sh*t, isn't it?

IMO, it would be in the best interest of the party to not let him participate even if he wants to. "Some" want to hear what the candidates have to say rather than watch the Trump 3-ring circus which is what it'll turn into if he's there.

The the topic is even an issue is a bigger problem, highlighted by the MSM or not.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4089664-trump-threat-to-skip-first-debate-divides-gop/

hjmick
07-11-2023, 02:11 PM
The only way it would be a "bad look" is if he skipped it and got the nomination anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be if you don't debate, you don't run.

SassyLady
07-11-2023, 02:22 PM
The only way it would be a "bad look" is if he skipped it and got the nomination anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be if you don't debate, you don't run.

Kinda like Hobbs in Arizona ... who went on to "win" governor.

She was SOS and knew she had the position because she was in the middle of the fraud.

AHZ
07-11-2023, 05:00 PM
:lmao:Little bit late for that sh*t, isn't it?

IMO, it would be in the best interest of the party to not let him participate even if he wants to. "Some" want to hear what the candidates have to say rather than watch the Trump 3-ring circus which is what it'll turn into if he's there.

The the topic is even an issue is a bigger problem, highlighted by the MSM or not.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4089664-trump-threat-to-skip-first-debate-divides-gop/

omg.

you are such a desantis deep state shill.

you're completely out of touch, dude.

Gunny
07-11-2023, 05:47 PM

As far as I'm concerned, it should be if you don't debate, you don't run.Curiosity. Why? I'm against having debates at all. Unless it's like Carter - Reagan, the two party candidates for President.

The Republicans destroy each other for the Dems. That makes no sense to me.