PDA

View Full Version : Biden administration forgives $39 billion in student loan debt to more than 800,000 b

Gunny
07-14-2023, 06:02 PM
Never mind the law. Biden determined to purchase some votes with our tax dollars.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-administration-forgives-39-billion-student-loan-debt-more-than-800000-borrowers

Black Diamond
07-14-2023, 06:18 PM
Thought scotus said this was illegal. That he couldn't do this by decree

Gunny
07-14-2023, 07:26 PM
Thought scotus said this was illegal. That he couldn't do this by decreeThe article does not state specifically what Biden is abusing this time (besides taxpayer money). Just Higher Education Act. Guess we'll have to wait to see what specifically is getting twisted.

Unless it's completely legal, I'm sure it will be stopped by a court and head on back up the ladder. I see it as violating the intent of the Supreme Court ruling that the President does not have the authority.

Mr. P
07-14-2023, 07:59 PM
Never mind the law. Biden determined to purchase some votes with our tax dollars.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-administration-forgives-39-billion-student-loan-debt-more-than-800000-borrowers

So, I think all those who have paid their loans off should demand reparations. :laugh:

Black Diamond
07-14-2023, 08:04 PM
The article does not state specifically what Biden is abusing this time (besides taxpayer money). Just Higher Education Act. Guess we'll have to wait to see what specifically is getting twisted.

Unless it's completely legal, I'm sure it will be stopped by a court and head on back up the ladder. I see it as violating the intent of the Supreme Court ruling that the President does not have the authority.
Gunny
Yeah lemme try again. It is not exclusively the executive branch who can forgive student debt. Has to go through congress yes?

Black Diamond
07-14-2023, 08:04 PM
So, I think all those who have paid their loans off should demand reparations. :laugh:

Yeah. I paid mine off. I want a rebate.

icansayit
07-14-2023, 09:33 PM
No matter what the Loony Left, Radicals demand. Biden does not have the Power of ANYBODY'S Purse. Only Congress.

One more step up the Impeachment Ladder for him into History as the PROVEN...WORST ANYTHING.

BoogyMan
07-14-2023, 10:07 PM
I paid off huge debts for both undergrad and grad engineering school. Times were different then. The US government had not yet nationalized the student loan industry to "save" it from itself.

Our government is a stereotype of the level of stupid you would expect from an ideocracy.

hjmick
07-15-2023, 05:19 AM
This one looks legit. Sorry.

AHZ
07-15-2023, 05:30 AM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)
Yeah lemme try again. It is not exclusively the executive branch who can forgive student debt. Has to go through congress yes?

a. this not debt forgiveness. debt forgiveness would be the banks taking the loss. that's not happening

schools are already paid off years ago.

this is you and me and everyone paying off the banks.

fj1200
07-15-2023, 10:57 AM

This one is more bureaucratic screw up.

Thought scotus said this was illegal. That he couldn't do this by decree

biden didn't have to do a thing with this one. It shouldn't be hard to believe because government.

This one looks legit. Sorry.

True.

"For far too long, borrowers fell through the cracks of a broken system that failed to keep accurate track of their progress towards forgiveness," U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona said in a statement. "Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is taking another historic step to right these wrongs and announcing $39 billion in debt relief for another 804,000 borrowers."

Gunny
07-15-2023, 12:05 PM
This one looks legit. Sorry.Technically, perhaps. I'm still waiting to see what the authority is, and what it states specifically.

Legit or not, this bothers me. It says much not only about the Federal government, but about the people who made a deal for a loan and are balking at paying for it. Another free ride on the Dems.

Inexcusable that the Biden admin is stiffing the taxpayer with the bill. Especially those who chose not to or could not got to college.

Sooner or later all this freebie shit without earning is going to catch up with no place for freeloaders to hide.