PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Supreme Court denies Trump bid to quash Fulton County investigation

Gunny
07-17-2023, 07:21 PM
Recurring theme. Trump's first move in every lawsuit I have seen is to ask/demand the court throw the lawsuit out. Has he had even one tossed?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4102330-georgia-supreme-court-denies-trump-big-to-quash-fulton-co-investigation/

SassyLady
07-17-2023, 09:03 PM
Recurring theme. Trump's first move in every lawsuit I have seen is to ask/demand the court throw the lawsuit out. Has he had even one tossed?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4102330-georgia-supreme-court-denies-trump-big-to-quash-fulton-co-investigation/
He wants them to use everything they need to do so there will be a precedent set.

He fought the publication of his tax returns. Now that SCOTUS said a president's tax returns can be subpoenaed we now have precedent to look at all the past presidents tax returns.

And, a former president has been indicted both at state and federal level. No one is immune now.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 03:22 AM
He wants them to use everything they need to do so there will be a precedent set.

He fought the publication of his tax returns. Now that SCOTUS said a president's tax returns can be subpoenaed we now have precedent to look at all the past presidents tax returns.

And, a former president has been indicted both at state and federal level. No one is immune now.

4d chess.

ncswic

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-18-2023, 08:21 AM

These vermin will do--- anything-- to destroy Trump. Trump's destruction rates as number one on their completely immoral scale. A fact....--Tyr

fj1200
07-18-2023, 08:25 AM

Those things were always true.

These vermin will do--- anything-- to destroy Trump. Trump's destruction rates as number one on their completely immoral scale. A fact....--Tyr

It's more likely an exercise in slow-moving self immolation.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 09:15 AM

It's more likely an exercise in slow-moving self immolation.

that's what those sworn to the destuction of trump say.

blame the victim.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 09:18 AM
that's what those sworn to the destuction of trump say.

blame the victim.

Just speaking truth yo.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 09:20 AM
Just speaking truth yo.

just blaming the victim, yo.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 09:22 AM
just blaming the victim, yo.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. If someone were sitting in a pool of gasoline trying to light a match... It would be appropriate to blame the victim.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 09:59 AM
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. If someone were sitting in a pool of gasoline trying to light a match... It would be appropriate to blame the victim.

whats a slow motion self immolation? that was your phrase.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:03 AM
whats a slow motion self immolation? that was your phrase.

You reply to my post while apparently having no idea the metaphors used? That explains much.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:09 AM
You reply to my post while apparently having no idea the metaphors used? That explains much.

I read it that trump being targetted is what you were calling a self-immolation.

is that correct?

that's a victim blame.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:14 AM
I read it that trump being targetted is what you were calling a self-immolation.

is that correct?

that's a victim blame.

trump was the subject when I introduced the metaphor. I didn't present him as a victim. I later suggested he is a dolt playing with matches.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:16 AM

trump was the subject when I introduced the metaphor. I didn't present him as a victim. I later suggested he is a dolt playing with matches.

right, you made him the perpetrator of his own abuse. you're victim blaming.

i understood your idiot blather perfectly, and refuted it soundly.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:18 AM

i understood your idiot blather perfectly, and refuted it soundly.

Which party is at fault when you're sitting in a pool of gasoline trying to light a match?

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:19 AM
Which party is at fault when you're sitting in a pool of gasoline trying to light a match?
nobody's doing that.

it's just a bad metaphor.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:24 AM
nobody's doing that.

it's just a bad metaphor.

I thought it was pretty good.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:31 AM
I thought it was pretty good.

because you seek to victim blame. if being anti-trump is your thing, it was pretty good.

but not good enough.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:40 AM
because you seek to victim blame. if being anti-trump is your thing, it was pretty good.

but not good enough.

Not really my thing but I also don't excuse the dolt playing with matches.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:47 AM
Not really my thing but I also don't excuse the dolt playing with matches.

in that scenario i would agree. I just don't think it's applicable.

we could be friends you know.

fj1200
07-18-2023, 10:49 AM
in that scenario i would agree. I just don't think it's applicable.

we could be friends you know.

There you go. We'll let others weigh in on applicability.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 10:50 AM
There you go. We'll let others weigh in on applicability.
of course.

it's a free country.

Gunny
07-18-2023, 11:32 AM

It's more likely an exercise in slow-moving self immolation.I have to agree. He first tries to get the cases thrown out, any judge/DA he doesn't like replaced, then drags the crap out as long as he can.

Speculation: could he be thinking that if he is reelected he can then claim immunity? Otherwise, I don't see the value in such tactics, especially long term.

I also cannot fathom the Republican't Party allowing a person under so many indictments to run, regardless who.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 11:34 AM
I have to agree. He first tries to get the cases thrown out, any judge/DA he doesn't like replaced, then drags the crap out as long as he can.

Speculation: could he be thinking that if he is reelected he can then claim immunity? Otherwise, I don't see the value in such tactics, especially long term.

I also cannot fathom the Republican't Party allowing a person under so many indictments to run, regardless who.

then again, you don't value truth or justice.

you believe in rollling over for the deep state agenda.

you possess a go along to get along attitude towards evil.

Gunny
07-18-2023, 11:39 AM

i understood your idiot blather perfectly, and refuted it soundly.In many ways, Donald Trump IS the perpetrator of his own abuse.

Using the term victim blaming is a leftist tactic. Twist it around and try to sell it. He DID meddle, or attempt to meddle, in more than one local election. He attempted to hold up the Presidential election. Regardless the partisan smoke surrounding the issue, he was caught with classified material in an unsecure location, and KNOWINGLY kept it.

He IS the perpetrator of the above which is by no means a complete and comprehensive list.

This is twice I've seen you declare victory where you haven't even come close. Another leftist tactic.

AHZ
07-18-2023, 12:26 PM
In many ways, Donald Trump IS the perpetrator of his own abuse.

Using the term victim blaming is a leftist tactic. Twist it around and try to sell it. He DID meddle, or attempt to meddle, in more than one local election. He attempted to hold up the Presidential election. Regardless the partisan smoke surrounding the issue, he was caught with classified material in an unsecure location, and KNOWINGLY kept it.

He IS the perpetrator of the above which is by no means a complete and comprehensive list.

This is twice I've seen you declare victory where you haven't even come close. Another leftist tactic.

no he isn't.

deep state was gunning for him from the get go.

he's a victim fighting for justice.

you live in a detached world of realpolitik analysis and goals.

now you're full in on villainizing real heroes and you dont even see it.

fj1200
07-19-2023, 08:46 AM
no he isn't.

now you're full in on villainizing real heroes and you dont even see it.

He wasn't required to retain classified documents especially after they were requested be returned.

He didn't have to commit tax fraud at his businesses.

He didn't have to make an ill-advised call to GA about something not his business.

He didn't have to act the buffoonish sore loser because he's an incompetent candidate.

I'm sure I missed some others...

The deep state doesn't have the power to force indictable offenses.

Gunny
07-19-2023, 08:59 AM
no he isn't.

now you're full in on villainizing real heroes and you dont even see it.Incorrect. Again. I stated before your brain could form the words the bureaucracy was going to take him out for disrupting it. Was it not for the incompetence of the Dems, they should have been rid of his ass by 2018. Now pay attention:

He chose to disrupt it. That's on him. That is the cause and effect. All your excuses or reasoning do not change that basic fact. His doing. That isn't judgement, it's fact.

He didn't understand the depth of what he was fucking with and he wasn't smart enough to cover his ass. Do I think he is being unfairly targeted with some of the crap they're pulling out of the woodwork? Sure. I've said as much and it's all over this board you don't bother to read. And he has handled every bit of it wrong because his ego won't get out of the way. He doesn't care about the country or the people. He cares about not getting the win.