PDA

View Full Version : DOJ threatens Abbott with lawsuit over floating barriers in Rio Grande

Gunny
07-21-2023, 06:04 PM
Memo to DOJ: Nobody here cares anymore what your corrupt asses threaten. Go f- yourselves.

https://thehill.com/latino/4110675-doj-threatens-abbott-with-lawsuit-over-floating-barriers-in-rio-grande/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2023, 06:42 PM
Memo to DOJ: Nobody here cares anymore what your corrupt asses threaten. Go f- yourselves.

https://thehill.com/latino/4110675-doj-threatens-abbott-with-lawsuit-over-floating-barriers-in-rio-grande/

Just more Biden administration bullshit. Texas has the Constitutional right to defend its borders. More Federal government overreach by Biden and his totally corrupt crews. ---:saluting2:--Tr

Gunny
07-23-2023, 09:58 AM
Just more Biden administration bullshit. Texas has the Constitutional right to defend its borders. More Federal government overreach by Biden and his totally corrupt crews. ---:saluting2:--Tr

Does Texas (or any state) have a Constitutional Right to defend its border? I don't know that it's covered. Seems to me that part of the agreement to joining the United States is the US Federal government would defend the sovereign US Border. It is not the responsibility of the State of Texas to do the US Federal Government's job.

Texas having to defend its own border is a last ditch effort of desperation at the expense of the citizens of Texas to do the job the Federal government is derelict in its duties to do. We're paying not only for Biden's freeloaders, but trying to keep them out.

fj1200
07-23-2023, 08:57 PM
Does Texas (or any state) have a Constitutional Right to defend its border? I don't know that it's covered. Seems to me that part of the agreement to joining the United States is the US Federal government would defend the sovereign US Border. It is not the responsibility of the State of Texas to do the US Federal Government's job.

Texas having to defend its own border is a last ditch effort of desperation at the expense of the citizens of Texas to do the job the Federal government is derelict in its duties to do. We're paying not only for Biden's freeloaders, but trying to keep them out.

But this particular question could be whether the Rio Grande should be considered "navigable" under the Rivers and Harbors Act. I would think not necessarily especially given the current court. The defense of border isn't really being raised by the Dems.

AHZ
07-24-2023, 04:43 AM

do you have a constitutional right to pick your nose?

is that covered?

it may be unconstitutional.

Gunny
07-24-2023, 12:38 PM
But this particular question could be whether the Rio Grande should be considered "navigable" under the Rivers and Harbors Act. I would think not necessarily especially given the current court. The defense of border isn't really being raised by the Dems.

The Rio Grande is too shallow for commercial vessels or it would have already been clogged and polluted long ago. It is navigable for shallow draft/pleasure craft. While the Rio is a convenient, natural border, that convenience comes at the cost of the political/legal headaches it's caused. The Border should extend to the other side of the river but it does not.

I have no idea what Dems current argument is. They have so many that make no sense and just skirt the law and/or its intent.

Black Diamond
07-24-2023, 12:44 PM
The Rio Grande is too shallow for commercial vessels or it would have already been clogged and polluted long ago. It is navigable for shallow draft/pleasure craft. While the Rio is a convenient, natural border, that convenience comes at the cost of the political/legal headaches it's caused. The Border should extend to the other side of the river but it does not.

I have no idea what Dems current argument is. They have so many that make no sense and just skirt the law and/or its intent.

It changes by the day. Always in the direction of perversity. (Is that a word?)

Gunny
07-24-2023, 12:46 PM
It changes by the day. Always in the direction of perversity. (Is that a word?)Indeed it is:laugh:

fj1200
07-24-2023, 02:59 PM

They'll have as many as will be allowed.