PDA

View Full Version : Manchin on push for centrist 2024 candidates

Gunny
07-23-2023, 01:34 PM
I agree with Manchin. The country was not designed to be this divided.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4113582-manchin-push-centrist-2024-candidates/

fj1200
07-23-2023, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure that I agree in whole. It may not have been designed to be this divided but with a Federal government this large the divisions become even more evident.

AHZ
07-24-2023, 04:52 AM
I agree with Manchin. The country was not designed to be this divided.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4113582-manchin-push-centrist-2024-candidates/

is it people having political identities that's the problem? like from that other thread?

maybe people should know their place.

political thoughts are only suitable for experts.

what we need is a class of morally and mentally superior god men.

Gunny
07-24-2023, 12:31 PM
is it people having political identities that's the problem? like from that other thread?

maybe people should know their place.

political thoughts are only suitable for experts.

what we need is a class of morally and mentally superior god men.Perhaps if the extremes at both ends were put in their place, we would find most of the people in the middle aren't as divided as the MSM and politicians would have us believe.

AHZ
07-24-2023, 02:10 PM
Perhaps if the extremes at both ends were put in their place, we would find most of the people in the middle aren't as divided as the MSM and politicians would have us believe.

I vehemently disagree.

the Extremists on both sides are rightfully skeptical of big pharma/state propaganda..

the centrists sign up for death jab like morons.

"the banality of evil..."...

SassyLady
07-24-2023, 10:31 PM
Why is he pushing for a "3rd" party? We currently have more than 2 already.

Black Diamond
07-24-2023, 10:35 PM
Why is he pushing for a "3rd" party? We currently have more than 2 already.

I am guessing he means one thar is viable. Alla Ross Perots party 1992. I cant remember the name of it.

Gunny
07-25-2023, 06:59 PM
Why is he pushing for a "3rd" party? We currently have more than 2 already.They can only count to 3?

I am guessing he means one thar is viable. Alla Ross Perots party 1992. I cant remember the name of it.

A viable 3rd party would take some doing. There are others out there, but pretty much dismissed as "not going to happen's".

fj1200
07-25-2023, 07:21 PM

Reform Party.

A viable 3rd party would take some doing. There are others out there, but pretty much dismissed as "not going to happen's".

I don't think they're going for full blown "party" status. If they can get on the ballot it doesn't really matter if it's a "party" or not. I think short term it let's somebody run in 2024 and long term really depends on how they do. Given the craptastic potential choices you never know...

Gunny
07-25-2023, 07:25 PM
Reform Party.

I don't think they're going for full blown "party" status. If they can get on the ballot it doesn't really matter if it's a "party" or not. I think short term it let's somebody run in 2024 and long term really depends on how they do. Given the craptastic potential choices you never know...Agreed. rd Party is just the accepted label for anyone running against the D/R. Be nice the "R" could get rid of it's 3rd party:rolleyes:

AHZ
07-26-2023, 04:25 AM
Perhaps if the extremes at both ends were put in their place, we would find most of the people in the middle aren't as divided as the MSM and politicians would have us believe.

are you on the put people in their place squad?

AHZ
07-26-2023, 04:27 AM
Agreed. rd Party is just the accepted label for anyone running against the D/R. Be nice the "R" could get rid of it's 3rd party:rolleyes:

go for it.

desantoids are the third party in the republicans though.

trump is still the clear leader, despite deep stater delusion.

RoccoR
07-26-2023, 07:02 AM
RE: Manchin on push for centrist 2024 candidates (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?78226-Manchin-on-push-for-centrist-2024-candidates&p=1012491#post1012491)
SUBTOPIC: Third Party Candidate
※→ ✪ et al,

I think "Gunny" had the right assessment in Posting #10.

Agreed. rd Party is just the accepted label for anyone running against the D/R. Be nice the "R" could get rid of it's 3rd party:rolleyes:
(COMMENT)

I think the division is that the → trust and confidence that the general population once had in the Washington Leadership has withered away. And people are hard pressed to understand what it means to be either a "Republican" (Dark Horse) or a "Democrat" (White Horse). The general population is tired of the political end-fighting that slow the legislation to rebuild America into the economic and manufacturing giant it one was. They would probably respond to a candidate that speaks of ideas adopted from both parties (a Painted Pony) - part "Republican" and part "Democrat."

The Washington Leadership is so busy fighting each other, it has been decades when Washington had the US Budget ready for implementation on October 1st.

We should pass legislation that penalizes Congressional Pay for a job done poorly or late. Congress always blames someone else for their inadequate or mediocre performance. It is time "we the people" start getting rid of the dead weight in the Capitol.

Most Respectfully,
R

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2023, 07:39 AM
We must remember who controls the majority of the Press in this nation = dem party/libs/idiots.
And also remember that they operate with lying as their main form of communication. Tyr.

AHZ
07-26-2023, 07:59 AM
We must remember who controls the majority of the Press in this nation = dem party/libs/idiots.
And also remember that they operate with lying as their main form of communication. Tyr.
gunny and kathianne believe having a political identity at all is divisive.

they believe only elites should even have political opinions, everyone else should be put in their place.

it's called elitism versus populism.

Gunny
07-26-2023, 09:31 AM
gunny and kathianne believe having a political identity at all is divisive.

they believe only elites should even have political opinions, everyone else should be put in their place.

it's called elitism versus populism.Kathianne and I need not post anymore since the populist that hates the middle-lower class knows what we think and does it for us:rolleyes:

Gunny
07-26-2023, 09:32 AM
RE: Manchin on push for centrist 2024 candidates (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?78226-Manchin-on-push-for-centrist-2024-candidates&p=1012491#post1012491)
SUBTOPIC: Third Party Candidate
※→ ✪ et al,

I think "Gunny" had the right assessment in Posting #10.

(COMMENT)

I think the division is that the → trust and confidence that the general population once had in the Washington Leadership has withered away. And people are hard pressed to understand what it means to be either a "Republican" (Dark Horse) or a "Democrat" (White Horse). The general population is tired of the political end-fighting that slow the legislation to rebuild America into the economic and manufacturing giant it one was. They would probably respond to a candidate that speaks of ideas adopted from both parties (a Painted Pony) - part "Republican" and part "Democrat."

The Washington Leadership is so busy fighting each other, it has been decades when Washington had the US Budget ready for implementation on October 1st.

We should pass legislation that penalizes Congressional Pay for a job done poorly or late. Congress always blames someone else for their inadequate or mediocre performance. It is time "we the people" start getting rid of the dead weight in the Capitol.

Most Respectfully,
R

Amen. I've been calling for that since the 80s. WHen was the last time Congress passed a budget on time? (rhetorical)

AHZ
07-26-2023, 09:34 AM
They can only count to 3?

two parties is easiest to control. the veneer of choice.

they cake keep it roughtly 50 50 through polling and switching positions as needed, so on election night there's a seeming element of chance.

we always get snake eyes though.