PDA

View Full Version : McConnell freezes at briefing, concerning colleagues

Gunny
07-26-2023, 03:47 PM
We all know what "fan" I am of McConnell, but I sincerely hope he's okay.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4121177-mcconnell-freezes-at-briefing-concerning-colleagues/

SassyLady
07-26-2023, 07:16 PM
We all know what "fan" I am of McConnell, but I sincerely hope he's okay.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4121177-mcconnell-freezes-at-briefing-concerning-colleagues/
I hope it's a wake up call that he should retire

BoogyMan
07-26-2023, 07:55 PM
It was a horrible thing to see happen live.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 12:12 PM
It was a horrible thing to see happen live.
Have you seen 'faces of death'?

gabosaurus
07-28-2023, 01:17 PM
This incident scared me to death because I have been there. Not in front of thousands of people in the political realm, but just a few. It is quite frightening. You are standing there wanting to say or do something, but you can't. It's the same thing that happened to John Fetterman. I believe McConnell had a TIA ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/transient-ischemic-attack/symptoms-causes/syc-20355679 ). It can be the warning sign of an impending stroke or other mental condition. It is nothing to laugh or joke about. It's a quite serious medical condition. I am praying for McConnells health.

Kathianne
07-28-2023, 01:38 PM
This incident scared me to death because I have been there. Not in front of thousands of people in the political realm, but just a few. It is quite frightening. You are standing there wanting to say or do something, but you can't. It's the same thing that happened to John Fetterman. I believe McConnell had a TIA ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/transient-ischemic-attack/symptoms-causes/syc-20355679 ). It can be the warning sign of an impending stroke or other mental condition. It is nothing to laugh or joke about. It's a quite serious medical condition. I am praying for McConnells health.

I thought the same. TIA.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-28-2023, 02:10 PM
He should have been gone at least a decade ago.
A damn shame he has got to be there these last ten years.
No politician should stay after hitting 70 years old, imho.--Tyr

Kathianne
07-28-2023, 02:18 PM
He should have been gone at least a decade ago.
A damn shame he has got to be there these last ten years.
No politician should stay after hitting 70 years old, imho.--Tyr

Fine, that would help for 2024.

Gunny
07-28-2023, 03:02 PM
Fine, that would help for 2024.Politically, who prospectively fills his shoes?

People who are unfit to hold office should not, regardless party. Those propping them up in the best interest of politics vs what's best for their health just suck.

Kathianne
07-28-2023, 03:05 PM
Politically, who prospectively fills his shoes?

People who are unfit to hold office should not, regardless party. Those propping them up in the best interest of politics vs what's best for their health just suck.

Actually I've not ever been able to go with term limits, much less age limits. Have gotten close, Biden really should be removed on competence.

Gunny
07-28-2023, 03:21 PM
Actually I've not ever been able to go with term limits, much less age limits. Have gotten close, Biden really should be removed on competence.

At this point in time, I'm not sure what is the right answer given what there is to work with. I have never been for term limits because they are arbitrary. However, I'm getting past expecting common sense from anyone.

It's not about just the incumbent. It's about the voters and politicians that keep them there. Look at Feinstein and Fetterman. Pelosi. Biden. Aren't the Dems the ones railing about "old, white men"?

If McConnell gets a clean bill of health and can perform, fine. If he can't he needs to step down.

SassyLady
07-28-2023, 05:02 PM
This incident scared me to death because I have been there. Not in front of thousands of people in the political realm, but just a few. It is quite frightening. You are standing there wanting to say or do something, but you can't. It's the same thing that happened to John Fetterman. I believe McConnell had a TIA ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/transient-ischemic-attack/symptoms-causes/syc-20355679 ). It can be the warning sign of an impending stroke or other mental condition. It is nothing to laugh or joke about. It's a quite serious medical condition. I am praying for McConnells health.I recently had something like this happen. Got tested for TIA. Nope ... all is fine. Now theorize TGA .. Transient Global Amensia. It's rare and no physical after effects ... just not being able to create memory of what just happened. Can last for hours or minutes. Mine was about 90 minutes.

fj1200
07-28-2023, 05:54 PM
Politically, who prospectively fills his shoes?

Tough shoes to fill. He is the reason for 95% of trump "accomplishments" and conservative good will

Gunny
07-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Tough shoes to fill. He is the reason for 95% of trump "accomplishments" and conservative good willSo who's in the queue?

There are Senators I like better, but aren't the schmooze the enemy type.

fj1200
07-28-2023, 06:30 PM
So who's in the queue?

There are Senators I like better, but aren't the schmooze the enemy type.

I'm sure there's one ready to move in. Hopefully not one of the whacky ones.

Gunny
07-28-2023, 06:36 PM
I'm sure there's one ready to move in. Hopefully not one of the whacky ones.Isn't Cornyn his protege?

fj1200
07-28-2023, 06:40 PM
Sounds about right but he's. Thune might be as well and at least he's only 62.

AHZ
07-29-2023, 11:21 AM
I recently had something like this happen. Got tested for TIA. Nope ... all is fine. Now theorize TGA .. Transient Global Amensia. It's rare and no physical after effects ... just not being able to create memory of what just happened. Can last for hours or minutes. Mine was about 90 minutes.

oh like spacing out?

i do that every morning with my spliff.