Gunny
07-26-2023, 04:07 PM
FYI

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66316710

AHZ
07-26-2023, 04:41 PM
FYI

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66316710

it's best if everyone has theirs by now.

if not, oh well.

Gunny
07-26-2023, 04:53 PM
it's best if everyone has theirs by now.

if not, oh well.The Fed is playing Mickey Mouse with interest rates the same way you want to with import/export tariffs. Economic manipulation is economic manipulation.

Black Diamond
07-26-2023, 04:57 PM
The Fed is playing Mickey Mouse with interest rates the same way you want to with import/export tariffs. Economic manipulation is economic manipulation.

Rates will be cut and everything will be in good shape just in time for the election.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2023, 05:11 PM
Rates will be cut and everything will be in good shape just in time for the election.

Yes, just in time to get the votes. The totally corrupt dems will not miss a single trick.
And media will be in on it 100% of the way. This is now the most corrupted Fed since this nation's founding my friend. --Tyr

AHZ
07-26-2023, 05:14 PM
The Fed is playing Mickey Mouse with interest rates the same way you want to with import/export tariffs. Economic manipulation is economic manipulation.
and you either favor your fellow countrymen, or you betray them, I agree.

fj1200
07-26-2023, 05:20 PM
Yes, just in time to get the votes. The totally corrupt dems will not miss a single trick.
And media will be in on it 100% of the way. This is now the most corrupted Fed since this nation's founding my friend. --Tyr

Future crimes commission is in full effect I see.

he was subsequently elevated to chairman by President Donald Trump (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump)

Did that guy do anything right? Geez.

AHZ
07-26-2023, 05:27 PM

Did that guy do anything right? Geez.
you're an idiot.

fj1200
07-26-2023, 05:46 PM
you're an idiot.

My apologies for pointing out that your guy can't really do anything right. Anything he does that might have been seen as positive you guys end up hating. I would look at your life choices if I were you.

AHZ
07-26-2023, 05:55 PM
My apologies for pointing out that your guy can't really do anything right. Anything he does that might have been seen as positive you guys end up hating. I would look at your life choices if I were you.

yes. a denial of empathy is all you have in your arsenal of arguments.

fj1200
07-26-2023, 05:59 PM

That doesn't make any sense. All I did was point out recent history.

AHZ
07-26-2023, 06:04 PM
That doesn't make any sense. All I did was point out recent history.
recent history is also full of atrocity.

Gunny
07-26-2023, 06:06 PM

Did that guy do anything right? Geez.According to the article, this is a "future inflation" move. Apparently, the economy didn't tank enough to suit the Fed.

fj1200
07-26-2023, 06:13 PM
According to the article, this is a "future inflation" move. Apparently, the economy didn't tank enough to suit the Fed.

Yessir. I don't see conspiracy in the Fed's move is my point. I could make a solid argument that trump is actually the reason that we're seeing inflation today. He was too busy trying to get Powell to keep the rates low which juiced the inflation possibilities not to mention all the stimulus he wanted to cram through. The first part is just like when LBJ was jawboning McChesney Martin to keep rates low in the 60s which begat the inflation of the 70s IMO.

fj1200
07-26-2023, 06:14 PM

Yup, trump F'ed that up too; See post #14.

Gunny
07-26-2023, 06:40 PM
Yessir. I don't see conspiracy in the Fed's move is my point. I could make a solid argument that trump is actually the reason that we're seeing inflation today. He was too busy trying to get Powell to keep the rates low which juiced the inflation possibilities not to mention all the stimulus he wanted to cram through. The first part is just like when LBJ was jawboning McChesney Martin to keep rates low in the 60s which begat the inflation of the 70s IMO.

Not sure it's a conspiracy. The Biden admin and Dems in general have done a damned good job of mastering timing and elections though. The Republicans have too. They can snatch defeat out of the jaws of certain victory faster than Danny White :laugh:

Someone will come along down the line and cut rates and swear it's to stimulate the economy. Vicious cycle:rolleyes:

AHZ
07-26-2023, 11:55 PM

let's see your solid argument that it's trumps fault.

that seems fun.

fj1200
07-27-2023, 07:36 AM

that seems fun.

I already did. You just don't have the knowledge base of economics and history to understand the words and events being referenced.

I could make a solid argument that trump is actually the reason that we're seeing inflation today. He was too busy trying to get Powell to keep the rates low which juiced the inflation possibilities not to mention all the stimulus he wanted to cram through. The first part is just like when LBJ was jawboning McChesney Martin to keep rates low in the 60s which begat the inflation of the 70s IMO.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 09:58 AM
I already did. You just don't have the knowledge base of economics and history to understand the words and events being referenced.

I think we all missed it.

Kathianne
07-27-2023, 10:05 AM

Nope, you speak only for yourself and for those who go by tingles, rather than presidential choices at the time.

Gunny
07-27-2023, 10:08 AM
I think we all missed it.Address the topic, please.

I will never understand why people like you can't just go to the Steel Cage subforum and start a thread for each and every person you want to pointlessly insult. Is it because THAT is allowed but like any toddler you prefer to make your mess where you aren't?

Then, when staff starts cleaning your mess out of all the threads you've derailed into garbage you start crying censorship/abuse of authority. Yep, seen this movie before:rolleyes:

AHZ
07-27-2023, 10:13 AM
Nope, you speak only for yourself and for those who go by tingles, rather than presidential choices at the time.

I disagree.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 10:19 AM
Address the topic, please.

I will never understand why people like you can't just go to the Steel Cage subforum and start a thread for each and every person you want to pointlessly insult. Is it because THAT is allowed but like any toddler you prefer to make your mess where you aren't?

Then, when staff starts cleaning your mess out of all the threads you've derailed into garbage you start crying censorship/abuse of authority. Yep, seen this movie before:rolleyes:

No real argument about trump being the cause of our economic woes was made. THis is part of the debate.

get off my sack.

Kathianne
07-27-2023, 10:20 AM
No real argument about trump being the cause of our economic woes was made. THis is part of the debate.

get off my sack.

Your failure to comprehend does not excuse your assertions and responsibility for them.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Your failure to comprehend does not excuse your assertions and responsibility for them.

are you saying an argument how it was trumps fault was proferred?

the history of the discussion is a valid topic.

Gunny
07-27-2023, 11:16 AM
and you either favor your fellow countrymen, or you betray them, I agree.

you're an idiot.

that seems fun.

get off my sack.

Your contribution to this thread appears quite lacking in any real intelligent conversation insofar as the Fed raising interest rates is concerned.

Kathianne
07-27-2023, 11:17 AM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::w aaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waa aah::waaaah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:

AHZ
07-27-2023, 11:17 AM
Your contribution to this thread appears quite lacking in any real intelligent conversation insofar as the Fed raising interest rates is concerned.

in context all my comments are prescient.

why are you so obsessed with me?

Gunny
07-27-2023, 11:18 AM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::w aaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waaaah::waa aah::waaaah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:
That looks a lot easier to type than my response :laugh:

AHZ

yes. all you have is mockery and attack.

Kathianne
in context all my comments are prescient.

why are you so obsessed with me?

Narcissistic hubris, (is that redundant?) on display once again.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 11:20 AM
That looks a lot easier to type than my response :laugh:

and more meaningful.

oh snap.

Kathianne
yes. all you have is mockery and attack.

For those like yourself, proven unworthy of debate or discussion.

You should have noted by now, you have several folks that agree with you and are respected here. You just aren't due to your posts.

AHZ
Narcissistic hubris, (is that redundant?) on display once again.
you're the one who collected a bunch of my posts like a like trophy taking psycho collecting ears.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 11:22 AM
For those like yourself, proven unworthy of debate or discussion.

You should have noted by now, you have several folks that agree with you and are respected here. You just aren't due to your posts.

Contrarily, my opinion is my points and arguments and strong and you just can't take the heat.

of course, we're bound to disagree on these matters, and very well may.

two gentlemen can disagree, can they not?

Kathianne
07-27-2023, 11:23 AM
Contrarily, my opinion is my points and arguments and strong and you just can't take the heat.

of course, we're bound to disagree on these matters, and very well may.

two gentlemen can disagree, can they not?
SLOWLY it's not your opinion, certainly NOT your points/arguments that have caused others lack of respect.

OAK
07-27-2023, 12:19 PM
SLOWLY it's not your opinion, certainly NOT your points/arguments that have caused others lack of respect.How can any one person be so dense? :unsure:

AHZ
07-27-2023, 12:23 PM
lower wage people on fixed rate wages are hurt most by inflation..

corrupt large businesses don't care.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2023, 02:08 PM

I do not hate Trump. He is not a perfect candidate, but he is far better than the others imho.
Nobody agrees with my every wish. I just have to go with him because he agrees with more of them than any of the others do.
Besides all candidates lie about positions during the election process.
I was fairly happy with him during his time as our Prez. And I do not fall for all the lying propaganda the media and ffing lying Dems bombard us with. -Tyr

fj1200
07-27-2023, 02:19 PM
I do not hate Trump. He is not a perfect candidate, but he is far better than the others imho.
Nobody agrees with my every wish. I just have to go with him because he agrees with more of them than any of the others do.
Besides all candidates lie about positions during the election process.
I was fairly happy with him during his time as our Prez. And I do not fall for all the lying propaganda the media and ffing lying Dems bombard us with. -Tyr

Many people have blinders which is the point I was making. COVID vaccine, Pence, Powell, Fauci, etc. He had a direct hand in all of those, sometimes choosing, sometimes not getting rid of, and sometimes actively promoting.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2023, 02:56 PM
Many people have blinders which is the point I was making. COVID vaccine, Pence, Powell, Fauci, etc. He had a direct hand in all of those, sometimes choosing, sometimes not getting rid of, and sometimes actively promoting.

Yes, he is human and humans make mistakes. Do you really think that Herr Biden is better??--Tyr

fj1200
07-27-2023, 03:16 PM
Yes, he is human and humans make mistakes. Do you really think that Herr Biden is better??--Tyr

That isn't the takeaway here. And I'm not discussing the mistakes he has made, I'm discussing the relevant policy questions that are inherently flawed or completely overlooked by those that support him and that he has had a direct hand in. The comparison is other Republicans running who do not have the huge character flaws that trump has.

AHZ
07-27-2023, 03:41 PM
but he was never for forcing it and mandates.

that's a huge difference from the mandatory jab big pharma crony death-cultists.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2023, 04:03 PM
That isn't the takeaway here. And I'm not discussing the mistakes he has made, I'm discussing the relevant policy questions that are inherently flawed or completely overlooked by those that support him and that he has had a direct hand in. The comparison is other Republicans running who do not have the huge character flaws that trump has.
His character flaws are nowhere near as bad as Biden's corruptness or Biden's stupidity, imho.
And Mr. giveaway Biden is a damn fool, imho.. -Tyr

fj1200
07-27-2023, 10:48 PM
but he was never for forcing it and mandates.

Justify how you must.

fj1200
07-27-2023, 10:49 PM
His character flaws are nowhere near as bad as Biden's corruptness or Biden's stupidity, imho.
And Mr. giveaway Biden is a damn fool, imho.. -Tyr

The (D)oddering fool is not the benchmark here.