PDA

View Full Version : Why Trump’s latest indictment will reverberate for years to come

Gunny
08-02-2023, 12:38 PM
More of an analytical opinion than a report. Adds perspective.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/02/politics/trump-latest-indictment-consequences/index.html

Gunny
08-02-2023, 12:43 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/02/politics/trump-indictment-lies/index.html

Gunny
08-02-2023, 02:17 PM
I certainly have no sympathy for Trump on this . He dug his own grave.

On the other hand, and in response to post #2:

How about the lie the Border is secure?

The lie by omission that fentanyl is a big ass problem, mostly due to the previous lie?

The lie that is "MAGA Republicans"

How many lies surrounding COVID-19, masks, medical care, etc

The lie wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on green BS

But then, those are threats to the people, not the bureaucracy :rolleyes:

Gunny
08-02-2023, 02:22 PM
CHRIS SWECKER: This is an extraordinary indictment. When I read it, I thought I was reading a New York Times op-ed or a political manifesto. Where's the beef? There is nothing in there that goes beyond opinion, talking, expressing things. And I'm not defending President Trump (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-indicted-special-counsel-probe-jan-6) because I think he did a lot of things that were ill-advised and unwise, probably against his lawyers' advice. But these charges are conspiracy charges. That means there are other people involved. And I think there are six or seven lawyers that are... unnamed or not named, but they are unnamed co-conspirators. And it is alleging basically that Trump provided some sort of disinformation campaign, that he knew that the election was not stolen, that there was not enough fraud to have stolen the election. And yet he went forward with all of these actions and tried to get the election overturned in a lot of different ways. But those charges are extraordinary. I don't think I've ever seen an indictment like this (https://www.foxnews.com/video/6332278101112) in my 40-plus years in this business. So, it'll be interesting to see. I know he does not have a favorable judge. He has an unfavorable judge. We'll see. I think this case could get thrown out if it really were an objective Constitution-adhering judge, you would see this case thrown out very early in the process.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-trump-charges-hammered-former-fbi-official-thought-reading-ny-times-oped

Gunny
08-02-2023, 07:28 PM
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4134496-trump-indictment-five-questions-raised/

SassyLady
08-02-2023, 08:32 PM
I believe this indictment will not hold up. All 3 of them are designed to distract from Biden's corruption and to make trouble for Trump's campaign.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 08:40 AM
I certainly have no sympathy for Trump on this . He dug his own grave.

On the other hand, and in response to post #2:

How about the lie the Border is secure?

The lie by omission that fentanyl is a big ass problem, mostly due to the previous lie?

The lie that is "MAGA Republicans"

How many lies surrounding COVID-19, masks, medical care, etc

The lie wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on green BS

But then, those are threats to the people, not the bureaucracy :rolleyes:

nah.

election was definitely stolen and hacked by many means.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 09:40 AM
nah.

election was definitely stolen and hacked by many means.

Total delusion. No fraud, none. No proof, none.

No need for more.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 09:52 AM
Total delusion. No fraud, none. No proof, none.

No need for more.

i disagree.

laws were changed unconstitutionally to facilitate ballot harvesting.

and on election night you can see the odd spikes in the ballot totals that indicate digital fraud somewhere in the guts of those infernal machines.

judges ignoring justice doesnt prove an election is valid.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 09:58 AM
i disagree.

laws were changed unconstitutionally to facilitate ballot harvesting.

and on election night you can see the odd spikes in the ballot totals that indicate digital fraud somewhere in the guts of those infernal machines.

False narrative to fit your personal views.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 11:42 AM
False narrative to fit your personal views.

no. laws were really ignored based on covid exigencies.

and there are many facts about election night that indicate fraud.

judges ignoring reality doesn't change reality.

Gunny
08-03-2023, 01:26 PM
Any member of this board (besides AHZ) that doesn't know where I stand on Trump lives in a hole in a cave :)

That being said, I have an issue with some of the charges and we have a bigger problem than Trump if they hold up. First and foremost claiming he lied about the election being stolen. I have seen nowhere at any point in time where he has stated otherwise. To prove this charge, they have to prove that he believed otherwise and willfully lied about it.

I have always had an issue with the way people use and abuse the word "lie". If I believe something to be true and state it, it isn't a lie because someone disagrees. It can be factually incorrect, but not a lie. Yet the MSM repeats as often as it can "Trump's lies", making sure everyone knows what they are allowed to think.

Regardless individual personal position on the election and whether or not it was stolen, the charge is basically thought policing. Otherwise, he is stating what he believes to be true, factually correct or not.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 01:44 PM
no. laws were really ignored based on covid exigencies.

and there are many facts about election night that indicate fraud.

judges ignoring reality doesn't change reality.

No silly! No matter how many times or ways you spout off on this, you're just wrong. Done. Fini.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 01:45 PM
No silly! No matter how many times or ways you spout off on this, you're just wrong. Done. Fini.

I disagree.

It's ok if we disagree.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 01:45 PM
It has not been proven that there was no cheating.

this is a fact.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 01:48 PM

this is a fact.

Not proven. fact! Almost catching on...

AHZ
08-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Not proven. fact! Almost catching on...

it's a fact that a perfect fraud free election has not been proven.

are you aware of where the election has been proven perfect?

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 01:52 PM
it's a fact that a perfect fraud free election has not been proven.

are you aware of where the election has been proven perfect?

Closer, closer...

Gunny
08-03-2023, 03:41 PM

this is a fact.proof is incumbent on the accuser, not the accused.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 03:55 PM
proof is incumbent on the accuser, not the accused.

in court.

we're not in court.

reality is different than court.

Gunny
08-03-2023, 04:13 PM
in court.

we're not in court.

reality is different than court.Your reality is definitely different that a court's. Without evidence, accusations are baseless in or out of court. It was/is a stupid because it's unprovable accusation. Not sure what World you and Donald live in where his word is gold and requires no substantiation, but it isn't this one.

SassyLady
08-05-2023, 03:06 PM
I also believe the election was fraudulent.

I believe this latest indictment will allow Trump to show proof to the public, especially if it is televised, that they've not had a chance to see. Because it has been pulled down from social media ... like YouTube, etc.

Everyone who has a working brain knows the MSM would never show anything that might question the election.

AHZ
08-05-2023, 04:17 PM
Your reality is definitely different that a court's.
so is yours.

does a judge tell you how gravity operates?