PDA

View Full Version : Why the latest Trump indictment is bad news for his GOP rivals

Gunny
08-02-2023, 07:31 PM
I suspect he wouldn't be able to suck all the oxygen up if the MSM would quit feeding it to him and playing ringleader to his spectacle:rolleyes:

The indictment against Donald Trump in the federal Jan. 6 probe is just the latest set of charges threatening to eclipse his Republican primary opponents as they struggle to gain traction against the former president in the polls.
Tuesday’s indictment has given Trump another opportunity to turn his legal woes into a campaign spectacle. This has left the other candidates having to figure out how to respond without giving Trump even more oxygen, while at the same time trying to make headlines of their own.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4134324-why-the-latest-trump-indictment-is-bad-news-for-his-gop-rivals/

AHZ
08-03-2023, 08:51 AM
I suspect he wouldn't be able to suck all the oxygen up if the MSM would quit feeding it to him and playing ringleader to his spectacle:rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4134324-why-the-latest-trump-indictment-is-bad-news-for-his-gop-rivals/

thats right.

the establishment wants trump.

we should vote for desantis to remain anti-establishment.

i see it now.

Gunny
08-03-2023, 01:32 PM
His current support comes from people seeing him as the victim of unequal justice and in some instances, rightly so. I just don't let that fact get in the way of he has proven himself to me to be unworthy of the Presidency.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 01:35 PM
His current support comes from people seeing him as the victim of unequal justice and in some instances, rightly so.
ANd his support also comes from people who understand and value his unique america first policies.

I just don't let that fact get in the way of he has proven himself to me to be unworthy of the Presidency.

how so?

Gunny
08-03-2023, 03:47 PM
ANd his support also comes from people who understand and value his unique america first policies.

how so?First comment. That's what I said. There's no "and", implying more. Just them.

Second comment: Feel free to use the word search. Or Posts by Gunny features of this board. Or you could search replies to your own posts since I have already stated my position on Trump to you. Any way you choose, my position is and has been clear since the Trump meltdown, hissy fit cycle began after the 2020 election.

AHZ
08-03-2023, 03:51 PM
First comment. That's what I said. There's no "and", implying more. Just them.

Second comment: Feel free to use the word search. Or Posts by Gunny features of this board. Or you could search replies to your own posts since I have already stated my position on Trump to you. Any way you choose, my position is and has been clear since the Trump meltdown, hissy fir cycle began after the 2020 election.

you said it's people who see him as a victim. that's not the same as supporting him for his policies.

That's why I said something.

those are two different things.

don't make me go all "venn diagram" like kamala.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 04:09 PM

Agreed. Also stop indicting on garbage. GA wasn't garbage. While I think 1/6 was horrendous, I can't see the possibility of proving a case that he was responsible, commonsense doesn't apply. Besides, there's all those folks still locked up without due process and those sentenced to longer terms than Hunter-if he ever got time.

Kathianne
08-03-2023, 04:13 PM
Trump has his core, that are for the most part now extremists or just loyalists to a king like figure. The numbers are swelling in support for those that may not want him as president, but DO SEE he's being railroaded by Democrat controlled weaponized police and DOJ.

I understand, actually agree with the later group, but do not want him elected-the system is broken.

Both 'leaders' should just go away.

Gunny
08-03-2023, 04:20 PM
you said it's people who see him as a victim. that's not the same as supporting him for his policies.

That's why I said something.

those are two different things.

don't make me go all "venn diagram" like kamala.

What she said. I wouldn't count the ones that are supporting him for believing he is being railroaded to show up and vote for him. As Kathianne pointed out, the system's broke if that's a reason to vote. IMO the system's already broke for even having this f-ing clown show to begin with.

Anyone telling me 30 years ago this country would be where it is today I would have laughed at. Your boy may not have started this downslide to stupid, but he's a damned big part of it.