PDA

View Full Version : Shh!!! I'm hunting for Mule deer. hahaha..

Monkeybone
10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
so that means i will be in a moutainy area. no internettyblogosphere for a whole week. so plz everyone....don't post alot so when i log on it tell me that there are 12,736,933,495,486 new post when i return.

PostmodernProphet
10-12-2007, 10:17 PM
reminds me....I saw a sign on an auto collision repair shop today...."we process deer meets"

Mr. P
10-12-2007, 11:02 PM
reminds me....I saw a sign on an auto collision repair shop today...."we process deer meets"

:laugh2: Clever!

stephanie
10-13-2007, 03:02 AM
shoot MB....could you ship some of that up here???

I'm tired of moose.

good luck...:cheers2:

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
no luck :'( saw some nice does, but never in the right position to shoot and no bucks. but it was a nice vacation from work. drive wasn't that bad either

gabosaurus
10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
My best friend's husband grew up in East Texas. He said the poorer people of the region loved deer hunting season. The hunters would be so anxious to reach the deer leases, they would speed through the road at night. Leaving a lot of road kill for dinner.

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
yah...the out of state hunters are kinda annoying, the one that stay at hotels atleast are. drive like maniacs cuz they might not get that 30 point buck and bragging rights

out there you mostly get it along th highway and there almost isn't enough left when a semi clips a deer

JohnDoe
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I live on the northern coast of Maine, they call it Downeast up here but that is another topic of discussion.

What I can add to this discussion is that about a month ago, my husband and I saw the strangest looking deer I have ever seen in my life running and playing in the meadow directly in front of my house, on the edge of it, near the woods and a couple of crab apple trees. They had the biggest ears that ever existed and flopped as they were playing, 2 bigger does and 3 fawns, no racks in sight, and white underside of their furry tails with a black tip. I was pm'ing with a friend and he had said that what I was seeing was Mule deer, so I looked Mule deear up on the Net and low and behold, here in Maine, I was seeing Mule Deer!!!

How is that possible when they are only suppose to be living in the rockies and to the west of the Mississippi? What the heck? The Northern coast of Maine for goodness sakes!!!

Do people or have people transported them here and let them loose in the wild????

Anyway, now we have White tail Deer, eating from our own apple trees on our own property every night and the Mule Deer have not been seen again. I have been hearing alot of gun fire in the distant woods, I suppose that means that it is hunting season here too, in Maine? I sure hope they don't get any on the ones that are hanging out at my place!!! :(

They do love their Venison up here though....I don't think the racks matter to these simple folk up here either.... good people.

I have pics of the whitetail in my yard, early one morning if anyone wants to see them, I can download them. :)

jd

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
yah that was a mule deer. they are bigger then whitetails. my fav thing about them is how they bounce like Peppy Le'Pue.

JohnDoe
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
yah that was a mule deer. they are bigger then whitetails. my fav thing about them is how they bounce like Peppy Le'Pue.

EXACTLY, they were bouncing, when they were playing! It was awesome to see! I really had never seen such "bounce and hop action" as a matter of fact!

I searched the internet to see if there was any news at all on Mule Deer being on the Downeast coast of maine and couldn't find a thing on mule deer being in Maine at all! Nothing! Nada! Niente! ZIP! So how does something like this happen? Hunters somehow capture them and bring them up here or maybe they crossed the north, Canada and came in that way? They are here, I saw them! there was no buck, but obviously he is around if there were mule deer fawns that had just lost their spots with female doe?

jd