PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney confronted on medical marijuana

Smurfette
10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I do not like Mitt Romney. I was made unhappy while watching this clip of Romney explaining to a wheelchair-bound lifelong muscular dystrophy sufferer that he would indeed arrest him for his "crime". I don't understand how someone who considers himself so religious could so clearly lack compassion: Romney confronted (http://gloob.tv/news/romney_confronted_medical_pot?article=1976)

Hagbard Celine
10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
The muscular dystrophy guy asked his question in a way that would force Romney to be a dick. In my eyes, that makes the muscular dystrophy guy a dick too. I do think Romney's position on this particular issue is wrong though. There's no reason for marijuana to be illegal. NONE. It should be available legally to everyone over the age of 21 just like cigarettes and alcohol.

Nukeman
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
The muscular dystrophy guy asked his question in a way that would force Romney to be a dick. In my eyes, that makes the muscular dystrophy guy a dick too. I do think Romney's position on this particular issue is wrong though. There's no reason for marijuana to be illegal. NONE. It should be available legally to everyone over the age of 21 just like cigarettes and alcohol.Totaly agree with you here brother. It should never have been criminalized in the first place. Marijuana is one of the most mild drugs out there plus it is the only one that is used in its 100% natural state, How could God be wrong in making this stuf????

Hagbard Celine
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Totaly agree with you here brother. It should never have been criminalized in the first place. Marijuana is one of the most mild drugs out there plus it is the only one that is used in its 100% natural state, How could God be wrong in making this stuf????

I think that's actually a really good argument, especially for all those who object to marijuana on "moral" grounds. If you subscribe to the idea that we live in a creation, then you have to acknowledge that God created a plant whose purpose is to get us high, period. Since the good book says absolutely nothing about marijuana positively or negatively, you have to assume that it's fair game from a religious perspective.

Nukeman
10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I think that's actually a really good argument, especially for all those who object to marijuana on "moral" grounds. If you subscribe to the idea that we live in a creation, then you have to acknowledge that God created a plant whose purpose is to get us high, period. Since the good book says absolutely nothing about marijuana positively or negatively, you have to assume that it's fair game from a religious perspective.I would rep you but I have to spread some around.....

Guernicaa
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I often reffer to Gun's and Roses when the Marijuana topic comes up:
The members of that band were heroes of the dark age (Reagan Era)
Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll

they told me
it's time to change
cause our parents had
Hendrix, Janice and Jim
but what about
River Phoenix and Curt Cobain
and they told me
to praise the lord
but i've been waiting for so long
for him to call me back
i think i'm gonna go pray
at Betty Ford
and they told me
that life was fair
i can't smoke a plant that was made by God
but i can kill my wife if i'm a football player
and they told me,
they told me to just ignore
but i'd rather smoke crack
outta Nancy Reagan's skull
while gettin' a blowjob
from (incomprehensible name)

Smurfette
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I think that's actually a really good argument, especially for all those who object to marijuana on "moral" grounds. If you subscribe to the idea that we live in a creation, then you have to acknowledge that God created a plant whose purpose is to get us high, period. Since the good book says absolutely nothing about marijuana positively or negatively, you have to assume that it's fair game from a religious perspective.

Except and bible scholar can tell you the good book references cannabis frequently. Even generally "God has given us all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use".

manu1959
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM

god created the coco leaf and the poppy and the science to create LSD and ecstasy..... so lets make all drugs legal....after all if god didn't want us to have them he wouldn't have let us make them.....

10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
god created the coco leaf and the poppy and the science to create LSD and ecstasy..... so lets make all drugs legal....after all if god didn't want us to have them he wouldn't have let us make them.....

If God didnt want us killing everyone He wouldnt have let us build weapons.

darin
10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
God also created Cliffs and Snakes. Would we be wise to jump off them, or drink their venom, respectively?

retiredman
10-16-2007, 12:22 PM
so...dmp...on a continuum of God's creations - from, say, WHEAT to snake's venom, you would put marijuana closer to snake's venom?

darin
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Without having tried it, I'd guess it's closer to Wheat. :D

retiredman
10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
do you think it is closer to wheat than, say, tobacco?

darin
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
No idea.

retiredman
10-16-2007, 12:51 PM
well...I guess if I haven't heard you advocate for the criminalization of tobacco, then it would seem as if you do have some idea...

or did I misread your comments about cliffs and snake's venom and they really do not pertain to marijuana?

darin
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
well...I guess if I haven't heard you advocate for the criminalization of tobacco, then it would seem as if you do have some idea...

or did I misread your comments about cliffs and snake's venom and they really do not pertain to marijuana?

You may have missed this, in another thread;

(Legalizing Pot) doesn't bother me - but it wouldn't be the reason I vote for a candidate.

My comments were to show the fallacy of SOME schools of thought believing "If something is natural, or God-made, it MUST be good (or not-harmful) to us."

:)

retiredman
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
You may have missed this, in another thread;

My comments were to show the fallacy of SOME schools of thought believing "If something is natural, or God-made, it MUST be good (or not-harmful) to us."

:)

I DID miss it. Thanks for providing it. We are in agreement here.