SassyLady
08-18-2023, 10:32 AM
His 10 Commander's

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 10:43 AM
I appreciate his clarity and his age.

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 10:47 AM
I like outsiders. Especially those that can't be bought.

AHZ
08-18-2023, 10:49 AM
sounds like someone else i know.

from now on any candidate most like trump will win.

it is fated.

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 10:50 AM

I don't have to have an outsider, in some ways I prefer an entity I know-such as why I knew why Obama wouldn't work, though for the majority he was an outsider. In politics, outsiders are still known in the political world.

It's that the candidate has a core. That they've cultivated an image that they are thoughtful and will consider points of view, but do have a vision of what they see for the future.

AHZ
08-18-2023, 11:06 AM
I don't have to have an outsider, in some ways I prefer an entity I know-such as why I knew why Obama wouldn't work, though for the majority he was an outsider. In politics, outsiders are still known in the political world.

It's that the candidate has a core. That they've cultivated an image that they are thoughtful and will consider points of view, but do have a vision of what they see for the future.

...cultivated an image .....

:laugh:

Abercrombie/Fitch 2024!

Gunny
08-18-2023, 01:42 PM

I can appreciate outsiders. At the same time, I am aware they usually accomplish little. In the case of the last 2 outsiders (you mentioned Obama), we've had nothing but grief since.

Although, current Mafia capo doesn't say much for insiders :laugh:

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 04:33 PM

Have you found someone like that in the current crop of candidates ..
From any party?

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Have you found someone like that in the current crop of candidates ..
From any party?

Honestly, no one is thrilling me, though it's been years now. I'm quite disappointed, as I feel there's never been a time where more people need to be involved, yet there's no one inspiring anyone I know to bother.

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 04:40 PM
Honestly, no one is thrilling me, though it's been years now. I'm quite disappointed, as I feel there's never been a time where more people need to be involved, yet there's no one inspiring anyone I know to bother.

What are the negatives you see with Vivek?

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 04:51 PM
What are the negatives you see with Vivek?

In all honesty, I've yet to look into him or any of those not Trump or DeSantis. I likely will, but inertia at the hopelessness of Trump/Biden/Harris/Soros/MSM has me pretty fed up.

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 05:05 PM
SassyLady, I come across something like this and file it away to consider down the line. I'm unaware of Vivek writing a book, I thought he was more or less a Trump shill, though I liked that list you posted, (filed that away too). Depending on the state of the race, different pov are written, there comes a point where decisions need to be made.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/aug/15/why-im-endorsing-ron-desantis-for-president/

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 05:26 PM
In all honesty, I've yet to look into him or any of those not Trump or DeSantis. I likely will, but inertia at the hopelessness of Trump/Biden/Harris/Soros/MSM has me pretty fed up.

I usually don't get too worked up during primaries but this year I'm watching and voting. Just not sure of my vote yet. Thought about RFK Jr. just to show my displeasure with Biden et al but I'm like you in that there's a certain lethargy around the political process these days.

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 05:48 PM
I'm seeing that Rupert Murdoch was encouraging VA governor Youngkin to enter the presidential gop field. I sort of see him having the same problem as DeSantis, but even moreso. Lack of personality, compared to the bigness of Trump. DeSantis doesn't get all braggadocio, but he can get pretty combative like with Disney or teachers' union. Some is good, some seems for effect. Youngkin just seems to speak, pretty quietly, though can be forceful.

Is it impossible now for a regular guy to win?

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 06:30 PM
I'm seeing that Rupert Murdoch was encouraging VA governor Youngkin to enter the presidential gop field. I sort of see him having the same problem as DeSantis, but even moreso. Lack of personality, compared to the bigness of Trump. DeSantis doesn't get all braggadocio, but he can get pretty combative like with Disney or teachers' union. Some is good, some seems for effect. Youngkin just seems to speak, pretty quietly, though can be forceful.

Is it impossible now for a regular guy to win?
Well, I pretty much think people who are elected to be a governor should finish that job before throwing their hat into another political race. Both DeSantis and Youngkin fought hard battles and should honor the people who elected them to do the job they were elected to do. DeSantis should have resigned or taken a pay cut while he's campaigning. Not giving 100% to his current job.

Gunny
08-18-2023, 07:27 PM

Is it impossible now for a regular guy to win?Cult of personality. IMO, there are several candidates more than qualified to run, but have no personality.

Then again, there's Joe :rolleyes:

hjmick
08-19-2023, 04:53 AM
Could be Ramaswamy is making headway is as simple as people are beginning to understand what cancers Trump and DeSantis truly are...

SassyLady
08-19-2023, 08:18 AM
Could be Ramaswamy is making headway is as simple as people are beginning to understand what cancers Trump and DeSantis truly are...
True ... there are a lot of people who vote "against" and not "for".