PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Hurricane Hilary Could Give Us Some Rain

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 05:13 PM
Glad it's not spelled double 'L' Hilary. ;)

.5-1 inch likely Sun-Mon.

Tucson too, SassyLady.

SassyLady
08-18-2023, 05:16 PM

Tucson too, SassyLady.

I certainly hope we get some of that! Hasn't been much of a monsoon season around here this year.

Kathianne
08-18-2023, 05:26 PM
I certainly hope we get some of that! Hasn't been much of a monsoon season around here this year.

Here neither. Great lightening shows, no water.

Gunny
08-18-2023, 07:25 PM

Tucson too, @SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83).Money says purposefully :)

Gunny
08-19-2023, 12:30 PM
I found it on the 10 day forecast. There's a straight line of 103-105 hi, 80 lo in both directions except right in the middle there's a hi 95 60% chance of rain. That's got to be whatever's left of the hurricane.

Not planning a party. That will guarantee it taking another route :laugh:

Black Diamond
08-19-2023, 12:31 PM
We are getting it here. The restaurant Amanda works for had to close the patio for the first time this season.

Mr. P
08-19-2023, 01:15 PM
For over 48 years Weather was an intricate part of my career in aviation.
As you might imagine accuracy was critical. My primary sources were not talking heads on local broadcasts but real meteorologist.

So here is someone I would recommend you checking out if you have any interest in real weather analysis and forecast vs The talking heads. This guy is pretty accurate and he is a real meteorologist. He's technical, however he does explain in layman's terms what the information means. He also broadcasts in real time during severe weather when necessary.

His latest video of 10 minutes is on the approaching storm on the West Coast. He's worth a look.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/ZvXyeyCnuro

Gunny
08-19-2023, 01:40 PM
For over 48 years Weather was an intricate part of my career in aviation.
As you might imagine accuracy was critical. My primary sources were not talking heads on local broadcasts but real meteorologist.

So here is someone I would recommend you checking out if you have any interest in real weather analysis and forecast vs The talking heads. This guy is pretty accurate and he is a real meteorologist. He's technical, however he does explain in layman's terms what the information means. He also broadcasts in real time during severe weather when necessary.

His latest video of 10 minutes is on the approaching storm on the West Coast. He's worth a look.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/ZvXyeyCnuroThe Navy has a simple yet effective way of keeping the weatherman honest. He gets on the same boat we do and goes on the same ride :)

Mr. P
08-19-2023, 01:52 PM
The Navy has a simple yet effective way of keeping the weatherman honest. He gets on the same boat we do and goes on the same ride :)

And that is very effective!