PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Police Chief Has Plan For Migrants

Kathianne
08-25-2023, 12:39 PM
He sounds a bit pissed, not at TX.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/25/chicago-police-union-president-lets-house-illegal-aliens-at-city-hall-n573618

Kathianne
08-25-2023, 12:46 PM

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/25/chicago-police-union-president-lets-house-illegal-aliens-at-city-hall-n573618
Chief/president of union, not chief of police

Gunny
08-25-2023, 12:48 PM

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/25/chicago-police-union-president-lets-house-illegal-aliens-at-city-hall-n573618Everyone involved that has to deal with or subsidize illegals is pissed. This is a humanitarian crisis squarely on the shoulders of Joe Biden. If I was a candidate for office you couldn't keep up with the number of times I'd be rubbing it squarely in the face of the Dems and this administration.

I'd also make damned sure these illegals we'll never get rid of are well-educated on why they are here and not being taken care of and by who.

Black Diamond
08-25-2023, 12:49 PM
Everyone involved that has to deal with or subsidize illegals is pissed. This is a humanitarian crisis squarely on the shoulders of Joe Biden. If I was a candidate for office you couldn't keep up with the number of times I'd be rubbing it squarely in the face of the Dems and this administration.

I'd also make damned sure these illegals we'll never get rid of are well-educated on why they are here and not being taken care of and by who.

What happened to sanctuary cities?

Gunny
08-25-2023, 01:13 PM
What happened to sanctuary cities?In what context? My opinion? My "opinion" is there is no clause in the Constitution nor any other law I am aware of that enables bleeding heart progs to declare their cities anything that is against Federal law.

I'm quite sure al they have to do is rescind their "sanctuary city" status and Abbott will quit sending illegals to their cities. That's no guarantee other leftwingnut cities won't send them anyway. Sanctuary cities and the Federal government send them where-the-f-ever.

Black Diamond
08-25-2023, 01:16 PM
In what context? My opinion? My "opinion" is there is no clause in the Constitution nor any other law I am aware of that enables bleeding heart progs to declare their cities anything that is against Federal law.

I'm quite sure al they have to do is rescind their "sanctuary city" status and Abbott will quit sending illegals to their cities. That's no guarantee other leftwingnut cities won't send them anyway. Sanctuary cities and the Federal government send them where-the-f-ever.
Well you Blame Biden for this but when trump had pretty much perpendicular polices or views on this issue , new york and Boston and other cities said they were sanctuary cities and defied trump, I believe with the backing of the Supreme Court including gorsuch.

Gunny
08-25-2023, 01:30 PM
Well you Blame Biden for this but when trump had pretty much perpendicular polices or views on this issue , new york and Boston and other cities said they were sanctuary cities and defied trump, I believe with the backing of the Supreme Court including gorsuch.

In what way did the Supreme Court agree with sanctuary cities? The entire government appears to be pretending there isn't current law established regarding illegal aliens.

Black Diamond
08-25-2023, 01:52 PM
In what way did the Supreme Court agree with sanctuary cities? The entire government appears to be pretending there isn't current law established regarding illegal aliens.
I think that the cities didn't have to deport because the fed govt says so . I remember long term guy railing about it. But he has hundreds of pages of threads. :laugh:

Gunny
08-25-2023, 01:57 PM
I think that the cities didn't have to deport because the fed govt says so . I remember long term guy railing about it. But he has hundreds of pages of threads. :laugh:I don't recall and can't venture a guess because the Dems have lied in so many configurations it's hard to keep up with them.

I do know for a fact Federal law covers the handling of illegal aliens. It also covers the Federal Government's responsibilities in securing the Nation.

Black Diamond
08-25-2023, 02:03 PM
I don't recall and can't venture a guess because the Dems have lied in so many configurations it's hard to keep up with them.

I do know for a fact Federal law covers the handling of illegal aliens. It also covers the Federal Government's responsibilities in securing the Nation.

But on top of that when trump tried to handle immigration as he saw fit these mayors and leftists said he was hitler, mussolini, etc.
Now they have a problem. Maybe they should have listened to il duce???

fj1200
08-25-2023, 03:05 PM
... I believe with the backing of the Supreme Court including gorsuch.

I believe the basis for being a sanctuary city is that cities and states are not obligated to enforce Federal law. It's kind of a states rights thing which of course flipped red and blue out of convenience around 2016 or so. Suddenly who was for it was no longer and vice versa.