PDA

View Full Version : The GA Case Is Going To Be A Problem

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 08:27 AM
19 defendants are too many. Some likely will find a way to separate, a few have by 'speedy trial requests,' which usually is not good for defense-unless a deal is on the table. Therein lies the problem, along with possible Mark Meadows flip and ongoing issues between Trump and Giuliani over legal payments:

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/some-indicted-in-georgia-election-case-say-they-acted-at-trumps-direction-c72ee3ca?st=45oa4g5h1l3lhcj&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Some Indicted in Georgia Election Case Say They Acted at Trump’s DirectionSome of the defendants’ separate interests—and legal strategies—are starting to emerge
By Jan Wolfe
Cameron McWhirter

Updated Aug. 25, 2023 10:55 pm ET

ATLANTA—Each of the 19 defendants indicted in the Georgia 2020 election case turned themselves in by noon Friday, the deadline set by a local prosecutor.

Now some of their different legal strategies are taking shape.

Two defendants asserted their right to a speedy trial, while Donald Trump’s lawyers say he wants to be tried separately at a later date. Meanwhile, three Republican Party officials charged over an alleged “fake elector” scheme said they were acting at Trump’s direction.

Those motions this week hint at tensions between the defendants, said Anthony Michael Kreis, a Georgia State University law professor who has been following the case closely.

“Now that the filings are coming out, and some of the defendants are feeling the pressure of going through the jail and finding counsel, their divergent interests are starting to show,” said Kreis. “It is becoming clearer that some of their best arguments will mean pointing the fingers at other co-defendants.”

AHZ
08-26-2023, 08:29 AM
19 defendants are too many. Some likely will find a way to separate, a few have by 'speedy trial requests,' which usually is not good for defense-unless a deal is on the table. Therein lies the problem, along with possible Mark Meadows flip and ongoing issues between Trump and Giuliani over legal payments:

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/some-indicted-in-georgia-election-case-say-they-acted-at-trumps-direction-c72ee3ca?st=45oa4g5h1l3lhcj&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

this will all be eventually dismissed or overturned for being too retarded.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 11:17 AM

Definitely a mess. While 19 defendants is arguably too many, aren't they charging under RICO? I'm not familiar with the mechanizations of how past RICO charges were prosecuted (but you know I'm going to look :)). From what I DO know, I'm not sure how it fits the crime.

Seems to me being tried individually for acting in concert doesn't make a lot of sense. Certainly not the most expeditious and fiscally responsible way of doing things.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 11:22 AM
Definitely a mess. While 19 defendants is arguably too many, aren't they charging under RICO? I'm not familiar with the mechanizations of how past RICO charges were prosecuted (but you know I'm going to look :)). From what I DO know, I'm not sure how it fits the crime.

Seems to me being tried individually for acting in concert doesn't make a lot of sense. Certainly not the most expeditious and fiscally responsible way of doing things.

the only way it makes sense is to understand it's state terrorism against a single man and those close to him.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 11:45 AM
the only way it makes sense is to understand it's state terrorism against a single man and those close to him.Being charged for violations of the law is completely logical.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Being charged for violations of the law is completely logical.

ok, spock.

if the crimes are real, then yes. when it's bogus bullsnaps it's just persecution.

true story.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 11:48 AM
ok, spock.

if the crimes are real, then yes. when it's bogus bullsnaps it's just persecution.

true story.Denying the existence of the train bearing down on your ass doesn't make it go away one bit.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 11:51 AM
Denying the existence of the train bearing down on your ass doesn't make it go away one bit.

a train of lies?

not scary.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 12:15 PM
a train of lies?

not scary.If the charges are lies, they won't be able to prove them in court. One would think however that it they were lies, there wouldn't be such an overabundance of defendants.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 12:20 PM
If the charges are lies, they won't be able to prove them in court. One would think however that it they were lies, there wouldn't be such an overabundance of defendants.
the phone calls being used as evidence do not show what the prosecution asserts they show.

going forward with something so flimsy is clearly state terrorism against a political opponent.

for that alone you should be on trumps side.

you probably laughed when jesus died.

how old are you?

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 12:28 PM
the phone calls being used as evidence do not show what the prosecution asserts they show.

going forward with something so flimsy is clearly state terrorism against a political opponent.

for that alone you should be on trumps side.

you probably laughed when jesus died.

how old are you?
Seriously. STOP denigrating others when you are losing in your mind. No age, no race baiting, etc. We do mean it. Warning.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 12:36 PM
Seriously. STOP denigrating others when you are losing in your mind. No age, no race baiting, etc. We do mean it. Warning.

did you fall off your dinosaur and break your wooden breeches?

old people only get old when people treat them old.

Im treating you young. young people get made fun of, even when they're old.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 12:39 PM
did you fall off your dinosaur and break your wooden breeches?

old people only get old when people treat them old.

Im treating you young. young people get made fun of, even when they're old.

No one is calling you names based upon race, age, physical appearance. That you are not a very nice person, you bring that upon yourself. Meanwhile, stop denigrating others.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 01:03 PM
No one is calling you names based upon race, age, physical appearance. That you are not a very nice person, you bring that upon yourself. Meanwhile, stop denigrating others.

I meant old because of laughing at jesus.

nobody is 2000 years old.