PDA

View Full Version : Post Debate Standings

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 01:49 PM
Trump Still way ahead, but there's some movement:

Real Clear Politics-sidebar

Post-Debate GOP PollsReuters: Trump 52, DeSantis 13, Pence 6, Ramaswamy 5, Haley 4
M. Consult: Trump 58, DeSantis 14 Ramaswamy 11, Pence 6, Christie 4
InsiderAdv: Trump 45, DeSantis 18, Haley 11, Ramaswamy 7, Christie 4

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:21 PM
and another-it really looks like Vivek isn't 'running away with this...'

Post-Debate (Reuters): Trump 52, DeSantis 13, Pence 6, Ramaswamy 5, Haley 4 (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/2024_republican_presidential_nomination-7548.html)

Black Diamond
08-26-2023, 03:28 PM
How much of viveks support is hidden inside Trump's 52?

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:32 PM

I would say all of Vivek's support is from Trump acolytes. AHZ will vote for Trump, but if not possible for any reason, Vivek is the stooge.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 03:38 PM

I would say all of Vivek's support is from Trump acolytes. AHZ will vote for Trump, but if not possible for any reason, Vivek is the stooge.

Have to agree. Just going on observation. That being seeing him on The Five and Gutfeld. The Trump supporters appear to sway toward Vivek.

He's too obnoxious for my taste.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:41 PM
Have to agree. Just going on observation. That being seeing him on The Five and Gutfeld. The Trump supporters appear to sway toward Vivek.

He's too obnoxious for my taste.

He really reminds me of Obama much more than Trump. Young, good looking, funny, smart, rich. He's also unable to grasp that being smart and successful in some areas, doesn't automatically transfer to foreign affairs and likely other areas. Like Obama he appears to always assume he's the smartest in the room, any room.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 03:44 PM
He really reminds me of Obama much more than Trump. Young, good looking, funny, smart, rich. He's also unable to grasp that being smart and successful in some areas, doesn't automatically transfer to foreign affairs and likely other areas. Like Obama he appears to always assume he's the smartest in the room, any room.I was wondering what reminded you of Obama. That about covers it. Intelligent yet unqualified.

Did I hear correctly he spent his time sparring with Chris Christie? That's sure going out on a limb and challenging the strongest candidate:rolleyes:

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:48 PM
I was wondering what reminded you of Obama. That about covers it. Intelligent yet unqualified.

Did I hear correctly he spent his time sparring with Chris Christie? That's sure going out on a limb and challenging the strongest candidate:rolleyes:
Christie, Pence, and Haley-Haley basically wiped the ground with him on Ukraine and Israel.

Christie called him on stealing Obama's line of skinny kid with funny last name. Very Biden like plagiarism.

Pence called him on disrespect and inexperience.