PDA

View Full Version : The Left Is Creating This Backlash

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 01:56 PM
I do not like Trump, I work at not having even stronger feelings about his behaviors. With that said, the following speaks to me too, though in sadness for the country, not that my vote would go to him-in jail or not. Worth going to the site for pics:

https://sashastone.substack.com/p/trump-turns-himself-in

Trump Turns Himself InLet the Games Begin...

SASHA STONE
AUG 24, 2023
A short take…

Finally, they’re going to GET HIM! It’s not about any crime he committed. There was no crime. The crime was: ORANGE MAN BAD. He’s a RACIST! And if he’s a RACIST! there is no bottom to what they can do to him. HE WILL PAY!

Sweaty and satiated, thank YOU, they moan. Thank you for another public humiliation of Trump. It’s not enough. It’s never enough. But at least we got a mug shot!

And oh, how they’ll dance! Crack open the champagne, they’ll cry. We got a mug shot! Our ongoing reality show never disappoints. Let the games begin! Are you not entertained?

Bette Midler, Rob Reiner, Barbra Streisand, Rob Reiner, Stephen King, Carl Bernstein — they finally got him! Tingles everywhere! Euphoria Now!

THANK YOU, oh, weaponized justice system. THANK YOU, propaganda press. THANK YOU, corrupt administrative state. Thank YOU!

This is a somber day for America. But justice must be done!
No one is above the law!

[Except, you know, Joe Biden, his son, and any Democrat who ever contested an election or threatened to storm the White House or to disrupt any official proceeding because THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE]

It’s not a somber day! It’s a Caligula-like bacchanalia — a celebration! We will celebrate this day every year in the same way! Huzzah!

Today, they will feast upon the blood of the lesser-thans.
Today, they are winners.
Again! Today, they can mock and tease and laugh!
Today, they remove one more norm to go after a former president.
Today, they help destroy what’s left of America.

Blame Trump, they chant. It’s HIS fault, not ours. I mean, even though we’re in power, we have all the power, all the money, all the corporate power, all the universities, and most of everything else in American life. We don’t HAVE IT ALL, and WE WANT IT ALL!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Decadence at the top, decay everywhere else - all they can do is beg for more. Please, they say, just one more exciting episode of the Trump Show! Don’t make us endure another day without an exciting news cycle!

They Have Nothing Left But Trump
They can’t tell good stories. They can’t write great music. They can’t tell funny jokes. They are under constant surveillance by the thought police. They have no choice but to go along with the mandates. They’re not free. They’ve destroyed their own habitat.

And they’re BORED out of their minds. Trump is their only entertainment. He’s their chance to walk on the wild side. But wow, right? How the mighty have fallen. Low-hanging fruit, man. This is IT? This is the legacy of the once-mighty Obama coalition? WAAA We hate Trump!

Yet, the MAGA movement is stronger than ever, and support for Trump will likely grow because look at the alternative. I mean, really look at it. Look at what has happened to our country at the hands of people who HAVE the power yet feel the need to eliminate any potential threats to that power. That must be the thing that cuts the deepest. Not a single Democrat is as loved as Trump. Not a single one can fill a stadium.

When all is said is done, they didn’t expose Trump at all. He’s exposed them. Trump never weaponized the justice system to lock her up. He never opened fire on protesters. He never threw protesters in solitary for years without charges. He never persecuted and prosecuted people for “spectral evidence.” There has to be some comfort in that.

The good news? Rome fell, and so too will their empire.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 02:26 PM
I do not like Trump, I work at not having even stronger feelings about his behaviors. With that said, the following speaks to me too, though in sadness for the country, not that my vote would go to him-in jail or not. Worth going to the site for pics:

https://sashastone.substack.com/p/trump-turns-himself-in

you're helping them do it constantly.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:32 PM

Hardly.

Even on the left there are some thinkers, here's one. If, God forbid, anyone with sense at DNC actually could convince the commies to follow any of this, good night.

There are many people in this country that want it to keep perfecting and keep going. The extremists are threatening it all:

https://www.liberalpatriot.com/p/normie-voters-want-common-sense-politics

Normie Voters Want Common-Sense Politics!Why Can’t Either Party Give It to Them?

RUY TEIXEIRA
AUG 24, 2023

Below are ten statements that I first formulated a couple of years ago that encapsulate some of what “Common Sense Democrats” might stand for. Since then these statements have been tested in statewide polls in the very blue state of Massachusetts and the purple state of Wisconsin and received overwhelming support. (I should note that the statements were simply tested as is, rather than reworded for survey purposes, but the results were striking nonetheless.) Most recently, the ten statements were tested nationally from April to June among over 18,000 registered voters by RMG Research.

Here are the results:

Equality of opportunity is a fundamental American principle; equality of outcome is not. (73 percent agree/13 percent disagree)

America is not perfect but it is good to be patriotic and proud of the country. (81 percent agree/14 percent disagree)

Discrimination and racism are bad but they are not the cause of all disparities in American society. (70 percent agree/24 percent disagree)

No one is completely without bias but calling all white people racists who benefit from white privilege and American society a white supremacist society is not right or fair. (77 percent agree/15 percent disagree)

America benefits from the presence of immigrants and no immigrant, even if illegal, should be mistreated. But border security is still important, as is an enforceable system that fairly decides who can enter the country. (78 percent agree/14 percent disagree)

Police misconduct and brutality against people of any race is wrong and we need to reform police conduct and recruitment. More and better policing is needed for public safety and that cannot be provided by “defunding the police.” (79 percent agree/15 percent disagree)

There are underlying differences between men and women but discrimination on the basis of gender is wrong. (82 percent agree/12 percent disagree)

There are basically two genders, but people who want to live as a gender different from their biological sex should have that right and not be discriminated against. However, there are issues around child consent to transitioning and participation in women’s sports that are complicated and far from settled. (73 percent agree/17 percent disagree)

Racial achievement gaps are bad and we should seek to close them. However, they are not due just to racism and standards of high achievement should be maintained for people of all races. (74 percent agree/16 percent disagree)

Language policing has gone too far; by and large, people should be able to express their views without fear of sanction by employer, school, institution or government. Good faith should be assumed, not bad faith. (76 percent agree/14 percetn disagree)

It could be argued that these statements are too easy to agree with and are just common sense. But if they’re all just common sense, why do so many Democrats have trouble saying these things? Indeed, how comfortable would most Democratic Party politicians be endorsing the full range of these views? Would Joe Biden? I don’t think so.

Here’s another common-sense proposition:

Climate change is a serious problem but it won’t be solved overnight. As we move toward a clean energy economy with an “all of the above” strategy, energy must continue to be cheap, reliable and abundant. That means fossil fuels, especially natural gas, will continue to be an important part of the mix.

While this specific proposition has not been tested, items close to it have been. In a question originally posed by Pew, the public has been asked to choose their preferred approach to the country’s energy supply: “Use a mix of energy sources including oil, coal and natural gas along with renewable energy sources” or “Phase out the use of oil, coal and natural gas completely, relying instead on renewable energy sources such as wind and solar power only.”

Likewise, in a 6,000 respondent survey recently conducted by AEI’s Survey Center on American Life and the National Opinion Research Center, the split between these options was overwhelming: 72 percent for the all-of-the-above approach, including fossil fuels, to 26 percent for the rapid renewables transition. The split was even more lop-sided among working-class (noncollege) respondents, as it was among political moderates. Another victory for common sense.

Similarly in The Liberal Patriot’s recent 3,000 respondent survey conducted by YouGov, voters were given three options:

We need a rapid green transition to end the use of fossil fuels and replace them with fully renewable energy sources;

We need an “all-of-the above” strategy that provides abundant and cheap energy from multiple sources including oil and gas to renewables to advanced nuclear power; or

We need to stop the push to replace domestic oil and gas production with unproven green energy projects that raise costs and undercut jobs.

Black Diamond
08-26-2023, 02:41 PM

She must have a lot of power.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Hardly.

Even on the left there are some thinkers, here's one. If, God forbid, anyone with sense at DNC actually could convince the commies to follow any of this, good night.

There are many people in this country that want it to keep perfecting and keep going. The extremists are threatening it all:

https://www.liberalpatriot.com/p/normie-voters-want-common-sense-politics

keep perfecting what and keep going to where?

Im sincerely asking.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 02:43 PM
She must have a lot of power.

It's medium.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:46 PM
keep perfecting what and keep going to where?

Im sincerely asking.

Read The Declaration of Independence. Preamble of Constitution. There are hints within.

Edit: Too quick to answer. Think before typing.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 02:52 PM
Read The Declaration of Independence. Preamble of Constitution. There are hints within.

Edit: Too quick to answer. Think before typing.

right. i did lose focus.

you and gunny help them constantly by lending creedence to all the made up indictements.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:54 PM
right. i did lose focus.

you and gunny help them constantly by lending creedence to all the made up indictements.

Oh now you resort to whining? Mean Gunny and myself. Oh my.

I'm not so mean, I am not turning into spelling police-even though I correct my own as much as I can. ;)

AHZ
08-26-2023, 02:56 PM
Oh now you resort to whining? Mean Gunny and myself. Oh my.

I'm not so mean, I am not turning into spelling police-even though I correct my own as much as I can. ;)

that's a french indictment. an indictemente.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 02:56 PM
right. i did lose focus.

you and gunny help them constantly by lending creedence to all the made up indictements.We report factual events while you pull stuff out of your backside.

Let's be clear: NOTHING Trump is charged with has ANY sway in why I will not vote for him again. Trump himself is responsible. Not the Dems nor their propaganda nor weaponized government and MSM.

I'm not voting for a titty baby sore loser that would rather lose again and take the rest of us down with him than just stand aside. So please quit making excuses for me. None of your reasoning is anywhere near the truth.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:58 PM
We report factual events while you pull stuff out of your backside.

Let's be clear: NOTHING Trump is charged with has ANY sway in why I will not vote for him again. Trump himself is responsible. Not the Dems nor their propaganda nor weaponized government and MSM.

I'm not voting for a titty baby sore loser that would rather lose again and take the rest of us down with him than just stand aside. So please quit making excuses for me. None of your reasoning is anywhere near the truth.

Oh Gunny, you RINO! Liberal! Why do you want all the jobs to go to China? Truth? You can't handle the truth! See how tough I am?!

Gunny
08-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Oh Gunny, you RINO! Liberal! Why do you want all the jobs to go to China? Truth? You can't handle the truth! See how tough I am?!:laugh:

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:04 PM
We report factual events while you pull stuff out of your backside.

are indictments of attempting to overturn an election and overthrow the nation valid?

these are the charges the whole 'weaponization of government' fiasco are based on.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:08 PM
are indictments of attempting to overturn an election and overthrow the nation valid?

these are the charges the whole 'weaponization of government' fiasco are based on.

It appears that 3 of his fellow indictees, (not sure if that's a word), are now claiming he told them to act as false electors. One of his employees is now claiming that Trump and his valet encouraged him to lie on deposition about attempts to erase security records.

Not at all sure what happened, but that is what trials are about.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 04:12 PM
It appears that 3 of his fellow indictees, (not sure if that's a word), are now claiming he told them to act as false electors. One of his employees is now claiming that Trump and his valet encouraged him to lie on deposition about attempts to erase security records.

Not at all sure what happened, but that is what trials are about.Another part of the problem. Not beyond the DOJ to coerce/bribe the responses they wish from the weak and fearful. Such accusations would have to be proved to have meaning. Like stolen election:rolleyes:

AHZ
08-26-2023, 04:20 PM

Not at all sure what happened, but that is what trials are about.

so yes.

you believe the indictments are valid.

You are supporting this whole 'weaponization of government'.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 04:23 PM
so yes.

LOL! You are clueless. You are not very good at mind reading either.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 05:42 PM
so yes.

The indictments are valid. That is supporting law, not weaponizing government. I support the legal, private ownership of firearms. That doesn't mean I support mass shooters.

Even simpler: the indictment is a tool of law. Blaming the law for people misusing it means you have no idea WTH is going on or you are talking about.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 08:03 PM
The indictments are valid. That is supporting law, not weaponizing government. I support the legal, private ownership of firearms. That doesn't mean I support mass shooters.

Even simpler: the indictment is a tool of law. Blaming the law for people misusing it means you have no idea WTH is going on or you are talking about.

nobody's attacking "the law". we're attacking these obviously political charges.

the charges are bogus and they are the weaponization of government.

and you sit here with your "both sides", "rule of law"!

Gunny
08-27-2023, 12:13 PM
nobody's attacking "the law". we're attacking these obviously political charges.

the charges are bogus and they are the weaponization of government.

and you sit here with your "both sides", "rule of law"!You are blaming the law for your boy's alleged crimes. The charges are criminal, regardless motivation.

Try reading. No one on this board has stated the singular level of effort to pile charges on Trump while ignoring others is fair and equal. The correct answer is the others should be charged for their crimes as well, not "if they walk so should Trump".

In this particular case, a grand jury made up of citizens of the State of Georgia was convened to examine the charges and evidence and see if their was enough to hold it over for trial. The grand jury returned the indictment to hold it over for trial, meaning 12 people believed their was enough evidence to support the charges.

What part of that do you not get? Hell, I learned THAT process watching freakin' Law and Order so just how dumb can you be?

There's no DOJ involved here. No Biden Administration. This is the people of the State of Georgia charging him for trying to defraud them of their right to vote.