PDA

View Full Version : Where The Focus Of Election Issues Should Be

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:25 PM
My take is that just bashing Biden probably isn't wise, it's too easy. Instead the whole 'weaponization' of executive offices and catering to the left by DOJ in court AND the persecution of Trump should be brought up again and again. How would the candidate dismantle this phenomena?

The crisis of cities, most of which are Democrat led, but contain many millions of Americans. These cesspools and the Soros DAs must be addressed. I want to know HOW and how fast.

Parents rights are under attack by both executive offices and increasingly from state courts. How will the candidate work with governors and state legislatures to address these issues, not in education curriculum, but in application of first amendment? This is also an area where we need to hear about police and also voting reform! I want more cooperation, fewer dictates from fed to state to locals.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/24/gop-primary-debate-was-a-dud-for-americans-worried-about-leftist-destruction-of-the-nation/

POLITICSGOP Primary Debate Was A Dud For Americans Worried About Leftist Destruction Of The Nation
BY: JORDAN BOYD
AUGUST 24, 2023

Americans don’t want to hedge their 2024 bets on performative politicians. They want to elect problem-solvers who will solve problems.

Author Jordan Boyd profile
JORDAN BOYD

Concerned Americans looking for pledges that Republicans will do everything in their power to stop the left’s destruction of the country did not find them at the GOP primary debate on Wednesday.

Fox News Hosts Martha MacCallum and Bret Baier kicked off the night by asking candidates to analyze why Oliver Anthony’s hit song “Rich Men North Of Richmond” resonated with Americans. From there, the moderators’ line of questioning quickly deteriorated.

When it came time for a question on abortion, Fox News host and debate moderator Martha MacCallum inaccurately framed Republicans’ pro-life priorities as a “losing issue … since the Dobbs decision.”

Moderators gave the Republicans plenty of time to toot their fiscal horns and posture about funding the war in Ukraine. Noticeably missing from the debate stage, however, were key questions about problems facing voters every day, like attacks on their religious liberty, the pervasion of radical gender ideology, the integrity of the Supreme Court, and the rampant corruption clutching all of the country’s major bureaucratic institutions.

By the end of the evening, voters heard more about candidates’ opinions on extraterrestrial life, climate change, and January 6 than top GOP issues like the weaponization of the FBI and DOJ and Democrats’ ongoing indictment scheme against former President Donald Trump.

A majority of Americans recognize a two-tiered system of justice governs the U.S. Another 56 percent say they understand the Trump indictments are “interference by the Department of Justice in the 2024 election” instead of a “fair application of the law.”

Despite the concerns it elicits from voters across the board, the corruption of the nation’s top federal law enforcement arm did not even make the list of “most-discussed topics” on Wednesday night.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 02:37 PM
My take is that just bashing Biden probably isn't wise, it's too easy. Instead the whole 'weaponization' of executive offices and catering to the left by DOJ in court AND the persecution of Trump should be brought up again and again. How would the candidate dismantle this phenomena?

The crisis of cities, most of which are Democrat led, but contain many millions of Americans. These cesspools and the Soros DAs must be addressed. I want to know HOW and how fast.

Parents rights are under attack by both executive offices and increasingly from state courts. How will the candidate work with governors and state legislatures to address these issues, not in education curriculum, but in application of first amendment? This is also an area where we need to hear about police and also voting reform! I want more cooperation, fewer dictates from fed to state to locals.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/24/gop-primary-debate-was-a-dud-for-americans-worried-about-leftist-destruction-of-the-nation/Blue cities are the means or their own destruction. The people who inhabit these cities are either trapped by whatever means, or believe everything is like "this" everywhere. Nothing speaks more to this than blue city politicians addressing issues for all from the myopia of their front windows.

They are not open to hearing there is better. That requires admitting current is wrong. Getting people to listen is the "how". How to get people to listen is the question.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 02:39 PM
Blue cities are the means or their own destruction. The people who inhabit these cities are either trapped by whatever means, or believe everything is like "this" everywhere. Nothing speaks more to this than blue city politicians addressing issues for all from the myopia of their front windows.

They are not open to hearing there is better. That requires admitting current is wrong. Getting people to listen is the "how". How to get people to listen is the question.

I don't disagree, I've become jaded. Then again, that certainly was the attitude when Giuliani first ran for mayor. He was later embraced and after 9/11 basically worshipped, by liberals and others alike.

Read this: https://www.outkick.com/in-maui-were-the-government-and-were-here-to-help-was-as-terrifying-and-tragic-as-ever-mary-katherine-ham/

which reinforces your point, basically makes me mad and makes me cry.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 03:11 PM
I don't disagree, I've become jaded. Then again, that certainly was the attitude when Giuliani first ran for mayor. He was later embraced and after 9/11 basically worshipped, by liberals and others alike.

Read this: https://www.outkick.com/in-maui-were-the-government-and-were-here-to-help-was-as-terrifying-and-tragic-as-ever-mary-katherine-ham/

which reinforces your point, basically makes me mad and makes me cry.That big long thread that turned into a religious one? The videos ask the same questions and provided some possible answers. We never got to the "how".

I don't have an answer. How do you speak to people who refuse to listen? I have never been able to come up with an answer to that one. The "leading a horse to water ..." axiom comes to mind.

Can't blame just government. What are the people in these places doing when confronted with an issue that threatens their comfort ones? Crying to the government. Referencing Hochul and Adams as examples.

Where do you see "Hey, let's do this." Gov Gregg Abbott doing what he can in the absence of the Federal government carrying out its responsibilities.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:14 PM
That big long thread that turned into a religious one? The videos ask the same questions and provided some possible answers. We never got to the "how".

I don't have an answer. How do you speak to people who refuse to listen? I have never been able to come up with an answer to that one. The "leading a horse to water ..." axiom comes to mind.

Can't blame just government. What are the people in these places doing when confronted with an issue that threatens their comfort ones? Crying to the government. Referencing Hochul and Adams as examples.

Where do you see "Hey, let's do this." Gov Gregg Abbott doing what he can in the absence of the Federal government carrying out its responsibilities.

who do you want to speak to and what do you want to say?

can you just sum it up?

bottom line it please.

the real answer is globalist oligarchs like george soros are pumping money into cities to destroy them.

see the george soros district attorneys who decided to permit crime of all kinds.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:15 PM
who do you want to speak to and what do you want to say?

can you just sum it up?

bottom line it please.

FJ is right, you're not very good at this.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:21 PM
FJ is right, you're not very good at this.

there's nothing wrong with direct questions.

It's actually a courtesy.

perhaps gunny wants to expound on his views.

Im open to that.

Im not an ignorant hammer of jackboot censorship.

Gunny
08-26-2023, 03:41 PM
there's nothing wrong with direct questions.

It's actually a courtesy.

perhaps gunny wants to expound on his views.

Im open to that.

Im not an ignorant hammer of jackboot censorship.Read up.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:44 PM
Read up.

are you aware of soros d.a.'s or is that fake news to you?

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 03:49 PM
are you aware of soros d.a.'s or is that fake news to you?

You threw that in with the edit, which is fine. It's good to try and improve. :cheers2:

Gunny
08-26-2023, 03:57 PM
are you aware of soros d.a.'s or is that fake news to you?I am aware "Soros' DA's and "fake news" addresses nothing I have posted.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:59 PM
You threw that in with the edit, which is fine. It's good to try and improve. :cheers2:

so do you believe that soros d.a. thing?

AHZ
08-26-2023, 03:59 PM
I am aware "Soros' DA's and "fake news" addresses nothing I have posted.
soros hiring malicious d.a.'s in big cities is relevant.

Kathianne
08-26-2023, 04:03 PM
so do you believe that soros d.a. thing?

Really? This? You do know who started OP, right? That you try to make it 'your point' f off.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?78430-Where-The-Focus-Of-Election-Issues-Should-Be&p=1014868#post1014868

Where The Focus Of Election Issues Should BeMy take is that just bashing Biden probably isn't wise, it's too easy. Instead the whole 'weaponization' of executive offices and catering to the left by DOJ in court AND the persecution of Trump should be brought up again and again. How would the candidate dismantle this phenomena?

https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/24...of-the-nation/

Gunny
08-26-2023, 04:06 PM
soros hiring malicious d.a.'s in big cities is relevant.District Attorney's are elected officials. Goes to my stating the people are part of their own problem.

AHZ
08-26-2023, 04:11 PM
District Attorney's are elected officials. Goes to my stating the people are part of their own problem.

but in reality nobody has a chance without millions of add money and being "chosen" by the hidden hand. you know that.

so you admit soros has an influence but the people are ultimately to blame, is that where you are?

why are there any campaign finance laws in the first place?

and how did they get so corporatized and perverted?

these are the questions thinking people ask.