PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Republicans want to eliminate the Education Dept. What would that look like?

Gunny
08-27-2023, 02:18 PM
I would say for the most part, this idea is pandering to an audience. Congress and the President would both have to agree? They can't even pass a responsible budget :rolleyes:

I'm not sure getting rid of it is the greatest idea anyway. Actual, meaningful overhaul would be a better idea, IMO. Sorry, but after watching that dolt Dem in AZ in action, I'm not comfortable with leaving it up to the States. There needs to be a National minimum education level. One that is way above current.

Definitely need to get rid of the "no child left behind" concept. Unfairly advances the unqualified and/or dumbs the education down to the lowest common denominator. Those who excel should be allowed to, while those who don't need to be taught how to use a shovel (bad, BAD Gunny:slap:):laugh:

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4171756-2024-republicans-want-to-eliminate-the-education-department-what-would-that-look-like/

icansayit
08-27-2023, 08:22 PM
https://icansayit.com/icsi/nea schools.jpg

AHZ
08-28-2023, 05:11 AM
I would say for the most part, this idea is pandering to an audience.

others call it pleasing a constituency.

it's called democracy. look into it.

government agencies do not have a right to life.

Kathianne
08-28-2023, 07:04 AM
I would say for the most part, this idea is pandering to an audience. Congress and the President would both have to agree? They can't even pass a responsible budget :rolleyes:

I'm not sure getting rid of it is the greatest idea anyway. Actual, meaningful overhaul would be a better idea, IMO. Sorry, but after watching that dolt Dem in AZ in action, I'm not comfortable with leaving it up to the States. There needs to be a National minimum education level. One that is way above current.

Definitely need to get rid of the "no child left behind" concept. Unfairly advances the unqualified and/or dumbs the education down to the lowest common denominator. Those who excel should be allowed to, while those who don't need to be taught how to use a shovel (bad, BAD Gunny:slap:):laugh:

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4171756-2024-republicans-want-to-eliminate-the-education-department-what-would-that-look-like/

I disagree. I think DOE needs to be eliminated. I think it imperative to stop the taxes collected by feds, trickling back to states.

Parents have to force the state DOE to do their job.

revelarts
08-28-2023, 08:32 AM
Yes, I'm going here again. 1 minute 30 seconds.
"there's Nothing in the constitution that authorizes a dept of education"

crackpot, racist, isolationist talk.. I know...:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1we9DLrcp4

not just the dept of education
"Interior, Energy, HUD, Commerce, GONE"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqqhXpFpOg

"too radical..oooh!"

but we're all for smaller constitutional gov't
:rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2023, 08:42 AM
Department of Education is so corrupted now and has so many leftist/liberal/perverted/ teachers that the entire thing needs to be done away with or overhauled about 90%..
I graduated in 1972. I had real teachers that really taught their students. Now we have a percentage of teachers that or not properly taught themselves, imho.
You cannot expect better with so many leftist/liberal college professors, imhoTyr

revelarts
08-28-2023, 09:15 AM
Department of Education is so corrupted now and has so many leftist/liberal/perverted/ teachers that the entire thing needs to be done away with or overhauled about 90%..
I graduated in 1972. I had real teachers that really taught their students. Now we have a percentage of teachers that or not properly taught themselves, imho.
You cannot expect better with so many leftist/liberal college professors, imhoTyr

the dept was created in 1979/80 and I wasn't sure then...or now... WHY.
but like all of the depts and orgs, once they get in, people ACT LIKE we HAVE to have them.

The federal gov't was NEVER supposed to lay hands on a lot of things.
wether the motives were good or not.
But it's like the people of the US and our leaders are "hoarders" . Once we get some new law, reg, dept, agency we never want to give it UP!

It's at the point where it's crazy to me, we somehow we think we "need" everything the Feds have ever done.
"grandma gave me that! We can't just throw it away!"

"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. "
James Madison

SassyLady
08-28-2023, 11:47 AM

I disagree. The DOE needs to be eliminated.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2023, 01:07 PM
I disagree. The DOE needs to be eliminated.

You are damn straight that it does!!
The average college graduate now has an education level of that which high school seniors got back in the 1960's.
Many of them barely know any history, math, or literature and are pampered louts, imho.
And that number is rising every year. which is tragic for our nation. -- :saluting2:--Tyr