PDA

View Full Version : Dealers To Automakers: No More EVs Until They Start Selling

Kathianne
08-30-2023, 11:30 AM
Looks like a problem. My son and DIL were early on for Prius as first married vehicle. They are now looking for Mazda or Toyota smaller SUV. Prius was fine, at first. More they read about environmental impact, they less they liked it:

https://www.businessinsider.com/dealers-turning-away-evs-velectric-cars-demand-cools-inventory-2023-8

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2023, 02:46 PM
Looks like a problem. My son and DIL were early on for Prius as first married vehicle. They are now looking for Mazda or Toyota smaller SUV. Prius was fine, at first. More they read about environmental impact, they less they liked it:

https://www.businessinsider.com/dealers-turning-away-evs-velectric-cars-demand-cools-inventory-2023-8

My stand on it is this, electric vehicles are a laugh. I wouldn't want one if they gave it to me..--Truth. -Tyr

Gunny
08-30-2023, 02:58 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/dealers-turning-away-evs-velectric-cars-demand-cools-inventory-2023-8From bleeding electric grids dry to super-expensive, bio hazard batteries, there's not much good to them as far as the environment is concerned.

Problem for the left and US government (among others) is they feel they are in too deep to back out, compounding their losses doubling down on the BS.

AHZ
08-30-2023, 02:59 PM

why is it a problem?

what if ev's are just another failed fad, like new coke?

does this violate biden's deal with china?

will we die from climate?

Gunny
08-30-2023, 03:00 PM
My stand on it is this, electric vehicles are a laugh. I wouldn't want one if they gave it to me..--Truth. -TyrEh. My grandson always needs more Hot Wheels :laugh:

Black Diamond
08-30-2023, 03:01 PM
Eh. My grandson always needs more Hot Wheels :laugh:

Keep feeding that need i say.

AHZ
08-30-2023, 03:04 PM
Keep feeding that need i say.

like a drug pusher.

pete311
08-30-2023, 03:05 PM
The point everyone misses on this is that the combustion engines has not significantly evolved in the past 50 years. EVs and batteries are evolving every year. EVs may not be as climate friendly as we want, but we know the combustion engine will never get there. There is a path of EV, no path for combustion engine.

AHZ
08-30-2023, 03:07 PM
The point everyone misses on this is that the combustion engines has not significantly evolved in the past 50 years. EVs and batteries are evolving every year. EVs may not be as climate friendly as we want, but we know the combustion engine will never get there. There is a path of EV, no path for combustion engine.

no.

wrong.

everything about c02 based climate alarmism is a hoax and a sham designed to induce feelings of scarcity and justify genocide.

it's a eugenics psyop.

Gunny
08-30-2023, 03:15 PM

Who's missing the point? The EV is LESS efficient than the combustion engine. Maintenance is costly. And our electrical grid doesn't even handle its load as it is and you want to plug everyone's inefficient cars into it? And DON'T get stuck in traffic in a snowstorm. You Hot Wheels car doesn't have enough room for you and cold weather gear to walk out in.

And what does the grid run on? Fossil fuels.

I'm all for efficiency. This ain't it and it's not going to be. In reality all it amounts to is altering who is in control of the power.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2023, 06:07 PM

WRONG!
The EV is an ffed up concept from the word go.. far too expensive , very unreliable and environmentally unfriendly. --Tyr

AHZ
08-30-2023, 06:08 PM
In reality all it amounts to is altering who is in control of the power.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::dance::clap::clap::clap:: clap::salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2023, 06:54 PM
no.

wrong.

everything about c02 based climate alarmism is a hoax and a sham designed to induce feelings of scarcity and justify genocide.

it's a eugenics psyop.

Well said, and so damn true...--Tyr

Black Diamond
09-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Semi related.

Gunny
09-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Semi related.

14389There is that. Never considered it that way. One reason I do drive a truck is so I don't have to crawl down and squeeze into a car and sit on the ground while driving.

EV has "Pansy" written all over it :laugh:

Black Diamond
09-02-2023, 10:08 AM
There is that. Never considered it that way. One reason I do drive a truck is so I don't have to crawl down and squeeze into a car and sit on the ground while driving.

EV has "Pansy" written all over it :laugh:

You could buy a rivian. I think they start at 70k. Lol

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2023, 10:11 AM
How many are willing to sell their house to buy a car? -:laugh:---Tyr

Gunny
09-02-2023, 10:13 AM
You could buy a rivian. I think they start at 70k. LolI've been stuck sitting in stop n go traffic, not to mention snowstorms, rain and even wind that will blow those Hot Wheels cars clean off the road enough times to forget that EV nonsense. Rather have a horse.

Would like to see the electric bills and or number of times people driving EVs are stuck in rush hour, 3 mph traffic in DC, Miami, SoCal, or even between Austin and San Antonio.

fj1200
09-02-2023, 10:38 AM

Soon to be made in Georgia.

How many are willing to sell their house to buy a car? -:laugh:---Tyr

Have you seen how much some people spend on 4x4s lately?

I've been stuck sitting in stop n go traffic, not to mention snowstorms, rain and even wind that will blow those Hot Wheels cars clean off the road enough times to forget that EV nonsense. Rather have a horse.

Would like to see the electric bills and or number of times people driving EVs are stuck in rush hour, 3 mph traffic in DC, Miami, SoCal, or even between Austin and San Antonio.

There are multiple different use cases for EVs nowadays.

Black Diamond
09-02-2023, 10:39 AM

Yeah California is an expensive place to do business I hear.

Black Diamond
09-02-2023, 10:42 AM

And yeah diesel 3/4 tons ain't cheap either.

fj1200
09-02-2023, 10:47 AM
And yeah diesel 3/4 tons ain't cheap either.

True dat! Like Dave Ramsey points out; some people have truck payments that are more than the mortgage on their double wide. :eek:

Kathianne
09-02-2023, 03:57 PM
A whole new problem:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/09/02/idalia-exposes-yet-another-problem-with-evs-n575436

Idalia exposes yet another problem with EVsJAZZ SHAW 4:01 PM on September 02, 2023

Idalia exposes yet another problem with EVs
(AP Photo/Francois Mori)
Imagine this disturbing scenario for a moment. You live in Florida and received plenty of dire warnings about the approach of Hurricane Idalia. But your house is a little way uphill and the storm surge wasn’t quite as bad as some had predicted. You manage to get by with only some minor flooding at your place and once they get the power back on you should be able to start cleaning up. But two days after the storm, you walk outside only to find your car going up in a massive fireball. Just what you needed, right? But what went wrong? How did this happen? Well, you decided to listen to Joe Biden and bought yourself one of those fancy new electric vehicles. And it turns out that EVs and salt water don’t get along. In fact, that combination can cause the EV’s batteries to explode into flames. (The Weather Channel).

Some electric vehicles in Florida are bursting into flames after coming into contact with saltwater. Residual saltwater particles left behind on flooded batteries and battery components can conduct electricity, resulting in short circuits and eventual fires. Safety officials are urging EV owners with vehicles that flooded to take action now as fires can ignite weeks after flooding.

The local ABC News outlet published the following report that shows video footage of not one but two Teslas that burst into flames days after the flooding was over. One of them isn’t even recognizable.

There is a video on the linked Weather Channel page that’s really worth a look. It offers some of the same warnings to owners of EVs. “Anyone whose EV came into contact with salt water during Idalia should move their vehicle out of the garage immediately.”

Owners were being warned to move their EVs at least fifty feet away from any structure. That’s how serious of a fireball can be created. Authorities said that the fires don’t happen immediately, but tend to break out several days or even up to two weeks later. Apparently, as the salt water dries up it can leave behind a trail of salt that can form a “bridge” between the terminals of the EV’s batteries. And if that causes the electricity to arc across, your battery is burning and you’re off to the races.

When Tesla, Ford, and everyone else were designing these vehicles, how did nobody anticipate this? Did it never occur to them that sometimes cars get wet? And if people live near the ocean, did anyone point out that they might be exposed to salt water, occasionally deep enough to come up to the wheel wells? (The batteries in EVs tend to be down near the bottom of the car.)

Apparently, that’s all it takes for an EV to turn into a potentially deadly fire hazard. Is that what happened to that cargo ship full of EVs that went up in flames? I wonder if some of the ocean salt water spray got onto them and drained down into the battery compartment. Considering what these cars cost, you might expect them to be a bit more durable than this and less prone to turning into fireballs. But don’t worry. I’m sure the government will come up with a new round of subsidies via your generous tax payments to replace those cars.

AHZ
09-03-2023, 08:29 AM

ev's are just a profit taking idiot fascist machination permutation of the climate hoax.

all use cases are stupid.

Gunny
09-03-2023, 11:19 AM
A whole new problem:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/09/02/idalia-exposes-yet-another-problem-with-evs-n575436Some things one takes for granted. Like knowing salt water and batteries can burst into flames. Living in FL as long as I did, it was just a common knowledge gimme. Back in the day, anyway :)

The ocean -- salt water and salt air -- is your vehicles enemy. f you didn't want a rustbucket, the ride got washed thoroughly WEEKLY, without fail. Even that was just staving off the inevitable.

Power is out indefinitely during and after hurricanes. On top of the battery possibly exploding, wonder what the plan is for charging the damned thing? Let me guess: gas powered generator:rolleyes:

AHZ
09-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Some things one takes for granted. Like knowing salt water and batteries can burst into flames. Living in FL as long as I did, it was just a common knowledge gimme. Back in the day, anyway :)

The ocean -- salt water and salt air -- is your vehicles enemy. f you didn't want a rustbucket, the ride got washed thoroughly WEEKLY, without fail. Even that was just staving off the inevitable.

Power is out indefinitely during and after hurricanes. On top of the battery possibly exploding, wonder what the plan is for charging the damned thing? Let me guess: gas powered generator:rolleyes:

so look at this scam.

billions invested for "green causes" up front, from the government.

it doesnt even matter if the plan makes long term sense. the grifters got the money.

this is the problem with corporation and government working together, aka public private partnership aka fascism (aka 'supply side').

the rich and powerful long term planning for everybody in everybody's interest

the previous sentence fragment is half right.

fj1200
09-03-2023, 01:00 PM
ev's are just a profit taking idiot fascist machination permutation of the climate hoax.

all use cases are stupid.

Populists proclaim their simplicity with ridiculous grandiose statements.

this is the problem with corporation and government working together, aka public private partnership aka fascism (aka 'supply side').

Are you saying that supply-side economics is fascist?

AHZ
09-04-2023, 04:14 AM
Populists proclaim their simplicity with ridiculous grandiose statements.

Are you saying that supply-side economics is fascist?

and elitists love fascism.

yes. supply side economics is basically fascist. it always takes the corporate side of things AND BELIEVES GOVERNANCE SHOULD DO THE SAME and reduces humans to mere economic input into their exploitive eugenics system, and USES THE POWER OF CORRUPT GOVERNANCE TO DO SO. <--caps capped to highlight key parts that make it fascism.

Im sayiing all this as a recovered globalist neocon who took my head out of my ass.

give it a try.

state capure is fascism. Big pharma uses government to mandate it's products.

the military contractors use government to create profitable wars.

walmart counsels employees to go get food stamps.

cost externalization, profit privatization.

fj1200
09-04-2023, 04:57 PM
and elitists love fascism.

yes. supply side economics is basically fascist. it always takes the corporate side of things AND BELIEVES GOVERNANCE SHOULD DO THE SAME and reduces humans to mere economic input into their exploitive eugenics system, and USES THE POWER OF CORRUPT GOVERNANCE TO DO SO. <--caps capped to highlight key parts that make it fascism.

Im sayiing all this as a recovered globalist neocon who took my head out of my ass.

give it a try.

state capure is fascism. Big pharma uses government to mandate it's products.

the military contractors use government to create profitable wars.

walmart counsels employees to go get food stamps.

cost externalization, profit privatization.

You don't know what supply-side economics is. Regulatory capture is not supply-side economics.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 03:07 AM
You don't know what supply-side economics is. Regulatory capture is not supply-side economics.

it's regulatory and fully state capture, not just controlling regulation, but policy and major national expenditures.

supply side can be summed up as "corporations are good and pure and should always have their needs encoded in law over the needs of regular citizenry".

if corporations are people they're the shittiest people you know, and have no limit to the campaign funding they can do, but you do have a limit.

too big too fail versus too small to succeed.

Kathianne
09-05-2023, 05:04 AM
it's regulatory and fully state capture, not just controlling regulation, but policy and major national expenditures.

supply side can be summed up as "corporations are good and pure and should always have their needs encoded in law over the needs of regular citizenry".

if corporations are people they're the shittiest people you know, and have no limit to the campaign funding they can do, but you do have a limit.

Hmm, what system argues 'for the people'; against 'capitalism' and corporations; and making everything simple?

AHZ
09-05-2023, 05:21 AM
Hmm, what system argues 'for the people'; against 'capitalism' and corporations; and making everything simple?

just because i won't dehumanize humans for the sake of corporate profit doesn't make me anti-capitalist, it makes me anti-asshole.

are laws against child labor, anti-capitalist?

or is it just keeping business inside a moral framework of other considerations?

Kathianne
09-05-2023, 05:24 AM
just because i won't dehumanize humans for the sake of corporate profit doesn't make me anti-capitalist, it makes me anti-asshole.

are laws against child labor, anti-capitalist?

or is it just keeping business inside a moral framework of other considerations?

sowing chaos in place of simplicity for distraction. It's what is done by those bringing falsehoods.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 05:28 AM
sowing chaos in place of simplicity for distraction. It's what is done by those bringing falsehoods.

gotta link?

you need some ranch for that word salad?

fj1200
09-05-2023, 07:11 AM

Incorrect. Read a book. Or heck, even a website will give you a quick primer.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 07:12 AM

Ooh, ooh! I know, I know!

gotta link?

:laugh:

AHZ
09-05-2023, 10:46 AM
Ooh, ooh! I know, I know!

:laugh:

state capture is real.

you denying it proves you're with the elites over everyone else.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 11:46 AM
state capture is real.

you denying it proves you're with the elites over everyone else.

You're ignorance of supply-side economics is the current point of this thread, not regulatory capture.

Why do you desire state capture?

AHZ
09-05-2023, 01:17 PM
You're ignorance of supply-side economics is the current point of this thread, not regulatory capture.

Why do you desire state capture?

Its clear im anti-state capture.

you ignore it and act like it's just "free trade".

you cannot identify fascism because you're a fascist.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 01:31 PM
Its clear im anti-state capture.

you ignore it and act like it's just "free trade".

you cannot identify fascism because you're a fascist.

No, you just want a different industry capture. Domestic industries who desire protectionism just love folks like you; you're ignorant but at least you don't let it get in the way of arguing for tariffs.

Fascism; yet another thing you don't know the definition of.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 01:33 PM
No, you just want a different industry capture. Domestic industries who desire protectionism just love folks like you; you're ignorant but at least you don't let it get in the way of arguing for tariffs.

Fascism; yet another thing you don't know the definition of.

different industry capture? what?

protectionism keeps the wages paid in the domestic economy instead of sending them overseas.

the short term profit taking on the cheaper labor hurts the rest of society long term.

globlism is traitorism.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 01:39 PM
different industry capture? what?

protectionism keeps the wages paid in the domestic economy instead of sending them overseas.

the short term profit taking on the cheaper labor hurts the rest of society long term.

globlism is traitorism.

You don't understand free trade. You side with corporations desiring government action. You think because you get to claim your "saving" jobs that your motives are good when in reality you like government capture just like those who you decry.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 02:39 PM
You don't understand free trade. You side with corporations desiring government action. You think because you get to claim your "saving" jobs that your motives are good when in reality you like government capture just like those who you decry.

i side with the entire society from workers to smaller businesses benefiting from keeping production domestic.

trickle down is actually real in this scenario, instead of an obscene globalist lie.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 02:49 PM
i side with the entire society from workers to smaller businesses benefiting from keeping production domestic.

trickle down is actually real in this scenario, instead of an obscene globalist lie.

Is that the globalist lie of free trade and capitalism that has raised the living standards of billions of people on the planet? Why do you hate other countries and demand that they remain at the bottom? Is that your morality?

AHZ
09-05-2023, 03:15 PM
Is that the globalist lie of free trade and capitalism that has raised the living standards of billions of people on the planet? Why do you hate other countries and demand that they remain at the bottom? Is that your morality?

it does until it doesn't.

past performance is no indicator of future success..

de-industrialization and becoming a "consumer culture" is dum dum sauce.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 03:23 PM
it does until it doesn't.

past performance is no indicator of future success..

de-industrialization and becoming a "consumer culture" is dum dum sauce.

Nobody has deindustrialized. But you've decided that you get to decide when "it doesn't." That seems rather authoritarian doesn't it? Question withdrawn; you have no idea what you're talking about. But that is quite the bit of morality you've just decided on for everyone.

Populists: Authoritarian, but the good kind. :rolleyes:

AHZ
09-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Nobody has deindustrialized. But you've decided that you get to decide when "it doesn't." That seems rather authoritarian doesn't it? Question withdrawn; you have no idea what you're talking about. But that is quite the bit of morality you've just decided on for everyone.

Populists: Authoritarian, but the good kind. :rolleyes:

billions are deciding it doesnt.

no. having a different opinion than you on tariffs is not authoritarianism.

you're very not good at this.

I didn't decide what morality is.

all human cultures have come to it independently. in some capacity.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 03:36 PM
billions are deciding it doesnt.

no. having a different opinion than you on tariffs is not authoritarianism.

you're very not good at this.

I didn't decide what morality is.

all human cultures have come to it independently. in some capacity.

Is this the point that you just go back to square 1 with your yammering protestations because you're so far down the rabbit hole that you can't find your way out?

Tariffs are the gateway policy choice of (your brand of) populists.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Is this the point that you just go back to square 1 with your yammering protestations because you're so far down the rabbit hole that you can't find your way out?

Tariffs are the gateway policy choice of (your brand of) populists.

lol.

the gateway policy. that's rich.

tariffs are awesome.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 03:48 PM
lol.

the gateway policy. that's rich.

tariffs are awesome.

Yup, square one. You should retitle your username to groundhogday.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Yup, square one. You should retitle your username to groundhogday.

groundhog day.

mastery and dominance is nothing without love.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 04:30 PM
groundhog day.

mastery and dominance is nothing without love.

Populists: When in doubt, word salad.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Populists: When in doubt, word salad.

no. i just distilled the theme of the movie.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 04:34 PM
no. i just distilled the theme of the movie.

The movie: Entertaining.

You and populists: Amusing in your ignorance.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 04:35 PM
The movie: Entertaining.

You and populists: Amusing in your ignorance.

internationalist fascist satanism is not as appealing as you think, fallen one.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 04:38 PM
internationalist fascist satanism is not as appealing as you think, fallen one.

Is that a populist boardgame? Throw dice and see what unrelated words you can string together?

AHZ
09-05-2023, 04:40 PM
Is that a populist boardgame? Throw dice and see what unrelated words you can string together?

the contract between reader and writer is partially that readers make a good faith effort to not be dipshits.

fj1200
09-05-2023, 04:41 PM
the contract between reader and writer is partially that readers make a good faith effort to not be dipshits.

Populists: When in doubt. Word salad.

AHZ
09-05-2023, 04:42 PM
Populists: When in doubt. Word salad.

which word or phrase is giving you trouble?

i can walk you through this.

fj1200
09-06-2023, 11:29 AM
which word or phrase is giving you trouble?

i can walk you through this.

The problem is the distribution of excrement via your keyboard.

AHZ
09-06-2023, 12:40 PM
The problem is the distribution of excrement via your keyboard.

no.

apparently you can't read.