PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR cooties?

stephanie
10-13-2007, 04:01 AM
:laugh2:...anyone heard of this one? this is the people WE have representing us.................:coffee:

House Republicans in NASCAR-friendly districts are having fun with this one, which plays to the stereotypes. In the course of a public-health and emergency preparedness trip, Democratic homeland-security committee staffers told their aides to get immunized before a trip down South which included visits to two crowded NASCAR events in Concord, N.C., and Talladega, Ala. The immunizations included Hepatitis A and B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza. North Carolinians grew offended.

Some cried "redneck rash," especially over the Hepatitis B inclusion because the virus is rarely transmitted in the United States except through sexual contact or intravenous drug use. A shot is commonly administered for Third World travel.

House Republicans, for their part, declined all the shots, citing House Attending Physician's Office advice. Then, this week, they pounced. "I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," thundered Rep. Robin Hayes, North Carolina Republican, to The Washington Times. "Democrats should know that there is no preventive measure yet designed to ward off the blue-collar values and patriotism that NASCAR fans represent," said Linda Daves, chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, to McClatchy Newspapers. "If they aren't careful, they just might catch some of it."

read the rest.....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071013/EDITORIAL/110130004/1013

stephanie
10-13-2007, 04:48 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Redneck_NASCAR-Fan.jpg

Ooooo. better watch out...........cooties...:laugh2:

red states rule
10-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Libs view the people who live in the South as people dressed in overalls, a mouth full of chewing tobacco, sloppen the hogs, driving pickup trucks with the Confederate flag haning in the back

They go out of their way to insult them and then they wonder why the South are mostly Red States

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 05:47 AM
the south has always been more honest, and more gentlemanly overall, then the stuck pieces of shit, that are the elitest liberal north.

Libs view the people who live in the South as people dressed in overalls, a mouth full of chewing tobacco, sloppen the hogs, driving pickup trucks with the Confederate flag haning in the back

They go out of their way to insult them and then they wonder why the South are mostly Red States

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 06:53 AM
maybe he was a black redneck, they do exist.

:laugh2:...anyone heard of this one? this is the people WE have representing us.................:coffee:

House Republicans in NASCAR-friendly districts are having fun with this one, which plays to the stereotypes. In the course of a public-health and emergency preparedness trip, Democratic homeland-security committee staffers told their aides to get immunized before a trip down South which included visits to two crowded NASCAR events in Concord, N.C., and Talladega, Ala. The immunizations included Hepatitis A and B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza. North Carolinians grew offended.

Some cried "redneck rash," especially over the Hepatitis B inclusion because the virus is rarely transmitted in the United States except through sexual contact or intravenous drug use. A shot is commonly administered for Third World travel.

House Republicans, for their part, declined all the shots, citing House Attending Physician's Office advice. Then, this week, they pounced. "I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," thundered Rep. Robin Hayes, North Carolina Republican, to The Washington Times. "Democrats should know that there is no preventive measure yet designed to ward off the blue-collar values and patriotism that NASCAR fans represent," said Linda Daves, chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, to McClatchy Newspapers. "If they aren't careful, they just might catch some of it."

read the rest.....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071013/EDITORIAL/110130004/1013

Joe Steel
10-13-2007, 07:20 AM
the south has always been more honest, and more gentlemanly overall, then the stuck pieces of shit, that are the elitest liberal north.

Goodman.
Chaney.
Schwerner.
Liuzzo.

red states rule
10-13-2007, 08:36 AM
It is amazing how the Dems try to get the South to vote for them. The Dems warmth and charm leave alot to be desired

Mr. P
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM

Heard it Thurs or Fri. on the radio here. Laughed so hard I swallowed my chew and nearly fell off the tractor! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-13-2007, 12:22 PM

If it wasn't true, we wouldn't still be saying it. :lmao:

red states rule
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM
If it wasn't true, we wouldn't still be saying it. :lmao:

Because they do not vote Democrat in elections. Libs love and care about people - but they must vote for them first

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 04:12 PM
hmmm

washington is about as ignorant as 19th century europe

Because they do not vote Democrat in elections. Libs love and care about people - but they must vote for them first

red states rule
10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
hmmm

washington is about as ignorant as 19th century europe

You give them that much credit :rolleyes:

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
europe is getting better now :)

You give them that much credit :rolleyes:

Trigg
10-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Where did you get that pic of my brother-in-law????????????

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
It was a kodak moment :laugh2:

Where did you get that pic of my brother-in-law????????????

Trigg
10-13-2007, 05:06 PM
It was a kodak moment :laugh2:

I have to take it back now. My brother in law walked in and said his back isn't that bad. It really isn't, his hair is red so it doesn't show up that much.

*only occasionally do kids wonder why he's wearing a sweater in the pool*

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 05:10 PM
it keeps him warm while he hibernates in the winter :laugh2:

I have to take it back now. My brother in law walked in and said his back isn't that bad. It really isn't, his hair is red so it doesn't show up that much.

stephanie
10-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Yeah but.....can he shave a number on his back like the guy in the picture....:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
good point, that takes patience and artistry

Yeah but.....can he shave a number on his back like the guy in the picture....:laugh2:

Trigg
10-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Sadly yes, but his hair is red so it wouldn't be so obvious.

Thank god my husband doesn't have back hair, kinda gross IMO.

stephanie
10-13-2007, 05:17 PM

No kidding...:laugh2:

Yurt
10-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Thats weird, I never met someone whose back hair grew around the number 3.

stephanie
10-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Thats weird, I never met someone whose back hair grew around the number 3.

That's quite a stunning feat...He should get the Nobel Peace prize for it...:coffee:

Yurt
10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
That's quite a stunning feat...He should get the Nobel Peace prize for it...:coffee:

:lmao::lmao:

Mr. P
10-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Nahhhh..start at the bottom and it's left turn, go straight, left turn...
any NASCAR Fan can do it! :laugh2:

stephanie
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Nahhhh..start at the bottom and it's left turn, go straight, left turn...
any NASCAR Fan can do it! :laugh2:

good one....:laugh2: