PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Doing Chinese At US Military Bases

Kathianne
09-04-2023, 11:09 AM
It's not recent, been seeing this since the 1970s. Just more sophisticated now-sorta:

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/chinese-gate-crashers-at-u-s-bases-spark-espionage-concerns-cdef8187?st=0qp2momb0odo5ru&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

WSJ NEWS EXCLUSIVE

NATIONAL SECURITY
Chinese Gate-Crashers at U.S. Bases Spark Espionage Concerns
Washington has tracked about 100 incidents involving Chinese nationals trying to access American military and other installations
By Gordon Lubold
Warren P. Strobel
Aruna Viswanatha

Updated Sept. 4, 2023 12:02 am ET

WASHINGTON—Chinese nationals, sometimes posing as tourists, have accessed military bases and other sensitive sites in the U.S. as many as 100 times in recent years, according to U.S. officials, who describe the incidents as a potential espionage threat.

The Defense Department, FBI and other agencies held a review last year to try to limit these incidents, which involve people whom officials have dubbed gate-crashers because of their attempts—either by accident or intentionally—to get onto U.S. military bases and other installations without proper authorization. They range from Chinese nationals found crossing into a U.S. missile range in New Mexico to what appeared to be scuba divers swimming in murky waters near a U.S. government rocket-launch site in Florida.

The incidents, which U.S. officials describe as a form of espionage, appear designed to test security practices at U.S. military installations and other federal sites. Officials familiar with the practice say the individuals are typically Chinese nationals pressed into service and required to report back to the Chinese government.

Gunny
09-04-2023, 12:18 PM
It's not recent, been seeing this since the 1970s. Just more sophisticated now-sorta:

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/chinese-gate-crashers-at-u-s-bases-spark-espionage-concerns-cdef8187?st=0qp2momb0odo5ru&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Countries, especially hostile ones, are going to spy. We're as good as anyone. My issue is that we do nothing more than take their passports and send them home. In comparison to how man non-spies from the US are locked up around the World? Iran and Russia always appear to have one or two in hand in case they need a deal.

AHZ
09-04-2023, 02:17 PM
Countries, especially hostile ones, are going to spy. We're as good as anyone. My issue is that we do nothing more than take their passports and send them home. In comparison to how man non-spies from the US are locked up around the World? Iran and Russia always appear to have one or two in hand in case they need a deal.

its almost like out national leadership is selling us out to china in a million different ways.

almost.

I'm beginning to get a feelling.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-04-2023, 02:28 PM

Two things the Chinese are going to do here in the USA.

One is eat rice and the other is spy on us!
Americans need to know the Chinese are not our friends. They are our enemies.
They built their anti-aircraft carrier missiles, engineered to destroy ---AMERICAN--- aircraft carriers! --:saluting2:
One of my retired Marine buddies back in the 90's used to call them, " Damn fish eating, slant-eyed bastards".--Tyr

AHZ
09-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Two things the Chinese are going to do here in the USA.

One is eat rice and the other is spy on us!
Americans need to know the Chinese are not our friends. They are our enemies.
They built their anti-aircraft carrier missiles, engineered to destroy ---AMERICAN--- aircraft carriers! --:saluting2:
One of my retired Marine buddies back in the 90's used to call them, " Damn fish eating, slant-eyed bastards".--Tyr

how much do you want to bet these neocons will tell us we need to bail out the chinese economy or they's gonna kill us!?

Gunny
09-04-2023, 03:58 PM
its almost like out national leadership is selling us out to china in a million different ways.

almost.

I'm beginning to get a feelling.Can you even get the simple shit right? Chinese people trying to get onto US military installations. There's a clue in "Chinese people":rolleyes:

Biden's not going to let even the US military get in on his gig:rolleyes:

AHZ
09-05-2023, 03:11 AM
Can you even get the simple shit right? Chinese people trying to get onto US military installations. There's a clue in "Chinese people":rolleyes:

Biden's not going to let even the US military get in on his gig:rolleyes:

ah so.

me chinese
me make joke.
me go pee pee in your coke

Gunny
09-05-2023, 01:14 PM
ah so.

me chinese
me make joke.
me go pee pee in your cokeYou're done in this thread.