PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democrat asks Roberts to investigate Alito

Gunny
09-05-2023, 06:18 PM
Nothing to investigate. Dems fabricating issues again:rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4187154-senate-democrat-asks-roberts-to-investigate-alito/

Black Diamond
09-05-2023, 06:25 PM
Venom after overturning roe

Kathianne
09-05-2023, 06:37 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4187154-senate-democrat-asks-roberts-to-investigate-alito/

How about Congress get back to doing what the hell they're supposed to be doing-legislating. They do not have oversight of the Supreme Court-neither does the executive.

They can only be removed by Congress, through impeachment.

Gunny
09-05-2023, 07:18 PM
How about Congress get back to doing what the hell they're supposed to be doing-legislating. They do not have oversight of the Supreme Court-neither does the executive.

They can only be removed by Congress, through impeachment.Dems. They think because they pull the puppet's strings and have that one seat edge in Congress they should control the Court as well. They are beside themselves over the fact that it's majority conservative and they can't threaten them.

All this bluster is just a relentless attempt to get just one Justice to agree with them and they have a toe in the door. We all know what happens when one roach gets in the door:rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2023, 06:17 AM
Dems. They think because they pull the puppet's strings and have that one seat edge in Congress they should control the Court as well. They are beside themselves over the fact that it's majority conservative and they can't threaten them.

All this bluster is just a relentless attempt to get just one Justice to agree with them and they have a toe in the door. We all know what happens when one roach gets in the door:rolleyes:
\
Dems constantly reveal what damn, lowlife, corrupt, dishonorable bastards they are. A solid gold fact. Reality proves that truth. --Tyr

Gunny
09-06-2023, 07:24 AM
\
Dems constantly reveal what damn, lowlife, corrupt, dishonorable bastards they are. A solid gold fact. Reality proves that truth. --TyrThey're playing the game we allow them to play with plenty of mouthpiece minions to regurgitate their vile so people believe it. Easier to believe them than open one's eyes and look at what they are doing.

That goes for all of them, regardless label, matter of fact.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2023, 08:32 AM
They're playing the game we allow them to play with plenty of mouthpiece minions to regurgitate their vile so people believe it. Easier to believe them than open one's eyes and look at what they are doing.

True Americans have basic values that tell them what people like that truly are.
I graduated school in 1972, that is 51 years ago-- back when schools still really taught, instead of liberally indoctrinate as they do now.
I had fantastic teachers, every one of them. So very sad what schools do now to our kids.--Tyr

AHZ
09-06-2023, 09:29 AM
They're playing the game we allow them to play with plenty of mouthpiece minions to regurgitate their vile so people believe it. Easier to believe them than open one's eyes and look at what they are doing.

ahh. the "we're all to blame" excuse for abuse from our leaders.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 12:52 PM
ahh. the "we're all to blame" excuse for abuse from our leaders.Excuse? How about fact. Tell me, Einstein, which elected officials ARE NOT elected. To dumb it down for you even more: We, the People (get this part now) voted for them.

You are the one with the excuses. Refusing to accept responsibility; which, is the first step toward not fixing the problem.

AHZ
09-06-2023, 12:59 PM
Excuse? How about fact. Tell me, Einstein, which elected officials ARE NOT elected. To dumb it down for you even more: We, the People (get this part now) voted for them.

You are the one with the excuses. Refusing to accept responsibility; which, is the first step toward not fixing the problem.

right. you believe it's everyone's fault when oligarchs abuse them.

this is truly how you feel.

we're all to blame.

victim-blaming.

this attitude is used to shield the real perps.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 01:04 PM
right. you believe it's everyone's fault when oligarchs abuse them.

this is truly how you feel.

we're all to blame.

victim-blaming.

this attitude is used to shield the real perps.You don't know what I believe. The facts support my statement. Nothing supports yours. Just an ad hominem attack to hear your tongue rattle against the roof of your mouth.

AHZ
09-06-2023, 02:48 PM
You don't know what I believe. The facts support my statement. Nothing supports yours. Just an ad hominem attack to hear your tongue rattle against the roof of your mouth.

you blame us all for being abused by the oligarchs. i get it.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 04:00 PM
you blame us all for being abused by the oligarchs. i get it.No you don't. You are purposefully obtuse or too stupid. Pick one.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 04:03 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4187154-senate-democrat-asks-roberts-to-investigate-alito/Another curiosity about this issue is I don't see Dems attacking Dem Justices.

Don't see Dem Justices defending their supposed colleagues on the bench, but neither are they supporting Congressional Dems.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 04:17 PM
Roberts needs to tell the Dems to go f- themselves. A Democrat questioning ANYONE's ethics is a farce to begin with.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-senator-files-ethics-complaint-against-supreme-court-justice-samuel-alito

Black Diamond
09-06-2023, 04:29 PM
It's all about killing more babies and the outrage of a single one being spared.

Gunny
09-06-2023, 04:34 PM
It's all about killing more babies and the outrage of a single one being spared.Don't forget guns. Current Court is in the way of disarming the populace as well.

AHZ
09-07-2023, 07:51 AM
Don't forget guns. Current Court is in the way of disarming the populace as well.

was trump good on judges?

Gunny
09-07-2023, 05:07 PM
was trump good on judges?I agreed with Trump's nominations for Supreme Court Justices. I supported McConnell doing the work to get them through the Senate.

AHZ
09-07-2023, 06:15 PM
I agreed with Trump's nominations for Supreme Court Justices. I supported McConnell doing the work to get them through the Senate.

see?

that wasn't hard at all was it?

there is great unity in us all loving trump together.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8iYXIg6a--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/lxlhaufwbkjjjeam3bfp.jpg

Black Diamond
09-07-2023, 06:26 PM
see?

that wasn't hard at all was it?

there is great unity in us all loving trump together.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8iYXIg6a--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/lxlhaufwbkjjjeam3bfp.jpg
He's not Jesus.

I hope you're a troll

Gunny
09-07-2023, 06:47 PM
I've always given Trump credit where due. Same with McConnell. I personally dislike both. The current Supreme Court is the one, lasting thing I can think of accomplished during Trump's Presidency. I know other Federal Judges were appointed as well.

Kathianne
09-07-2023, 06:51 PM
I've always given Trump credit where due. Same with McConnell. I personally dislike both. The current Supreme Court is the one, lasting thing I can think of accomplished during Trump's Presidency. I know other Federal Judges were appointed as well.

Without McConnell, Obama would have appointed Garland. As you noted, without McConnell Trump wouldn't have gotten the votes necessary.

fj1200
09-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Without McConnell, Obama would have appointed Garland. As you noted, without McConnell Trump wouldn't have gotten the votes necessary.

And possibly not push Coney Barrett through.

AHZ
09-08-2023, 09:28 AM
He's not Jesus.

I hope you're a troll

he is being crucified, however.

SassyLady
09-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Alito's response to Durbin

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/sep/8/alito-pushes-back-senate-democrat-calls-recusal-up/

“If we recused in such cases, we would regularly have less than a full bench, and the court (https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/supreme-court/)’s work would be substantially disrupted and distorted. In all the instances mentioned above, we are required to put favorable or unfavorable comments and any personal connections with an attorney out of our minds and judge the cases based solely on the law and the facts. And that is what we do,” he wrote.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2023, 09:47 AM
Alito's response to Durbin

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/sep/8/alito-pushes-back-senate-democrat-calls-recusal-up/

Thank you, my friend. Alito is absolutely correct in his statement. --Tyr

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 11:31 AM
He's not Jesus.

I hope you're a troll

Definitely troll, perhaps paid.

Something to think about, what he's pushing?

https://www.thenewneo.com/2023/09/09/trump-as-martyr/

Trump as martyrPosted on September 9, 2023
In a post I wrote about three weeks ago, I mentioned that Trump might be becoming a martyr in the eyes of voters on the right. I certainly perceive him that way, and have for some time – not in the religious sense but in the more general sense of, “a person who suffers very much or is killed because of their religious or political beliefs, and is often admired because of it.”

It can be dangerous to make someone into a martyr. However, that person’s enemies can weigh all their options and believe that martyrdom is better than either letting the person live or continuing to let the person function freely. The Ayatollah Khomeini is a pretty good example; in this post I wrote about how in 1963 he was under a death sentence but his life was spared by the Shah’s government because they didn’t want to make him a martyr and therefore even more powerful. Of course, we know what ended up happening – and one of the first people Khomeini had executed was the general who had successfully argued years earlier for sparing Khomeini’s life.

I am not for a single moment suggesting that Trump is some sort of Khomeini and the left the Shah. What I’m trying to say, however, is that when there’s a figure that a political group sees as the enemy, there is the dilemma of how to counter that person and the movement represented by those who support the person, and there are many different ways to handle it.

When Trump was running for office back in 2016, the Democrats handled it by ridicule and scorn; they mostly imagined him to be a ludicrous figure who wouldn’t win. Their horror when he did win was a good part of the reason why they spent the next four years in so-called “resistance” activities, including trying to frame him over and over and over, as well as impeaching him on exaggerated grounds. It didn’t work, but through propaganda, “rigging,” “fortifying,” and perhaps outright fraud, they managed to defeat him in 2020.

But that wasn’t enough – no, not nearly enough. They are determined to destroy him one way or the other. In that post from three weeks ago I described various possible scenarios, but the point is that they want him gone and the lawfare against him is a big part of it so far.

But have they considered the possibility that the Shah had to consider with Khomeini, martyrdom? Trump certainly has considered it. Back in June he told a religious group the following [my emphasis]:

Speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition gala in Washington DC on Saturday night, Trump slammed the two indictments he is currently facing as he looks to reclaim the White House in 2024.

He said he considers each new indictment against him a “badge of honor.”

“I’m being indicted for you and I believe that ‘you’ is more than 200 million people who love our country,” the former president said to applause. “This is a continuation of the greatest witch hunt of all time.”

There is a subtle – or perhaps not-so-subtle – echo there of Christian belief. But it’s certainly true that he is being indicted to give warning to his supporters, who are at least half the nation. And the similar persecution (through Draconian sentences) of the J6 defendants bears this out.

Trump’s June declaration to the faith group was no one-off. Yesterday he repeated the claim [emphasis mine]:

Former President Donald Trump told supporters at a campaign rally for the 2024 election in Rapid City, South Dakota, on Friday that he considers the various criminal indictments against him to be a “badge of honor.”

“Every time the radical left Democrats, Marxists, communists, and fascists indict me, I consider it a great badge of honor,” Trump said. “And I’m being indicted for you. I am being indicted for you. I’m not too thrilled about that. But that’s part of the job description, isn’t it?”

“Martyr” seems to have become part of Trump’s job description. He’s well aware of it. Will this perception affect anyone other than those who already support him? I’m speaking not about those on the left, or those who already hate his guts. I’m speaking about those in the middle who aren’t sure. Such people must still exist, right?

AHZ
09-10-2023, 11:37 AM

paid?

am i paid by putin?

AHZ
09-10-2023, 11:47 AM

and to answer your article.

no. there's nobody left in the middle.

that's why trumps polling has skyrocketed.

deep state perscuting him has made him a martyre.

now it's just the never trumpers and deep state trying to authoritate.

Gunny
09-10-2023, 12:35 PM

https://www.thenewneo.com/2023/09/09/trump-as-martyr/Just my opinion. I don't think Trump will be allowed to be President again. One way or the other:smoke:

AHZ
09-10-2023, 01:02 PM
Just my opinion. I don't think Trump will be allowed to be President again. One way or the other:smoke:

the nation is strong and sound.

the electoral process will remain.

the civil war is cancelled for being dumb.