PDA

View Full Version : Unions seek gains in hostile territory: ‘If you change the South, you change America’

Gunny
09-06-2023, 06:23 PM
Sure. They mean change the South into the same Rust Belt they're running from. Like locusts moving from place to place destroying everything in their path.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/05/unions-south-labor-organizing-ussw-seiu-00114085

fj1200
09-06-2023, 07:38 PM
I don't see many southern states switching from right to work.

AHZ
09-07-2023, 06:57 AM
I don't see many southern states switching from right to work.

but they're all pro trump pro tariff, which is another way of increasing worker lifestyles.

this is intelligent populism, not the controlled opposition dum dum sauce.

fj1200
09-07-2023, 07:33 AM
but they're all pro trump pro tariff, which is another way of increasing worker lifestyles.

this is intelligent populism, not the controlled opposition dum dum sauce.

I think you overestimate the "pro" part of that. Nevertheless...

Populism: Always moving... Left.

AHZ
09-07-2023, 08:23 AM
I think you overestimate the "pro" part of that. Nevertheless...

Populism: Always moving... Left.

Idiot: Always being....Dum dum sauce.

Kathianne
09-07-2023, 08:29 AM
Idiot: Always being....Dum dum sauce.
You've been warned several times about name calling and being non-responsive while posting. You DO NOT have to answer every post that seems negative to you-sometimes silence is the best answer.

AHZ
09-07-2023, 08:31 AM
You've been warned several times about name calling and being non-responsive while posting. You DO NOT have to answer every post that seems negative to you-sometimes silence is the best answer.

Blah blah.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

fj1200
09-07-2023, 08:49 AM
Blah blah.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Classy.

I might have been mistaken but do you wish for unions to be granted, by governmental fiat, a monopoly over providing labor to certain companies/industries?

Kathianne
09-07-2023, 08:50 AM
Classy.

I might have been mistaken but do you wish for unions to be granted, by governmental fiat, a monopoly over providing labor to certain companies/industries?
I think he can read, but not respond. Sorry.

fj1200
09-07-2023, 08:55 AM
I think he can read, but not respond. Sorry.

C'est la vie. I'm sure that we'll be treated to his ever leftward march in another thread or 20. :laugh:

Gunny
09-07-2023, 11:03 AM

this is intelligent populism, not the controlled opposition dum dum sauce.If you mean unions are "pro protectionist/isolationist" so they don't have to deal with fair competition and get to name their price to a forced, captive consumer you would be correct.

Unions are nothing more than industrial/civilian bureaucracies that feed themselves first and their workers last. Union members at the worker level get paid more so they can afford their union dues; which, have to be paid to stay in good standing whether or not one is working. Which, one is usually not because union overhead prices them out of any real market. sitting on the bench, unpaid, waiting for a callup.

Meantime in the real World, our companies were crawling with bench-riding union employees who would take the money while waiting on a call from Shangri La. IF one came, they dropped their tools and walked off the job to chase their union pay; which, they have to do or get dropped to the bottom of the list riding the bench.

Meantime, I/we made more money and was employed 40-60 hours a week than any union dreamer thinking that $2 more an hour they weren't making but paying to the union fatcats was some kind of deal.

Unions are the same as your version of tariffs in that they create an artificial bubble not tied to anything real and going to bust sooner or later. The rest of the World that is tied to to the dollar in't going to pay your overpriced dues for your overpriced material.

And before you open your flap with your stupid, I've got work boots with more time on the job than you've ever watched on the internet. Stay in your lane, idiot.

Kathianne
09-07-2023, 11:09 AM
If you mean unions are "pro protectionist/isolationist" so they don't have to deal with fair competition and get to name their price to a forced, captive consumer you would be correct.

Unions are nothing more than industrial/civilian bureaucracies that feed themselves first and their workers last. Union members at the worker level get paid more so they can afford their union dues; which, have to be paid to stay in good standing whether or not one is working. Which, one is usually not because union overhead prices them out of any real market. sitting on the bench, unpaid, waiting for a callup.

Meantime in the real World, our companies were crawling with bench-riding union employees who would take the money while waiting on a call from Shangri La. IF one came, they dropped their tools and walked off the job to chase their union pay; which, they have to do or get dropped to the bottom of the list riding the bench.

Meantime, I/we made more money and was employed 40-60 hours a week than any union dreamer thinking that $2 more an hour they weren't making but paying to the union fatcats was some kind of deal.

Unions are the same as your version of tariffs in that they create an artificial bubble not tied to anything real and going to bust sooner or later. The rest of the World that is tied to to the dollar in't going to pay your overpriced dues for your overpriced material.

And before you open your flap with your stupid, I've got work boots with more time on the job than you've ever watched on the internet. Stay in your lane, idiot.

And companies that are union controlled cannot be responsive to the marketplace changes, the way non-union competitors are. Today I was reading that Walmart is now lowering the starting salary for positions that were paying more during covid. It was noted by both those applying and those already employed that certain positions were starting at $2 more than the current lowest start. Then, because there weren't enough new hires, employees were pressed to work these 'new positions' which was to pick goods for delivery or pick up-BUT, they weren't being paid a differential. Many refused and the company did not fight about it, orders were late.

Now that people ARE looking for jobs again, new hires will start at same, regardless of position. No one is getting a lower salary, they are not dropping what was agreed to, but enabling better relations with all employees, while keeping prices as low as they can. A union company could not do this.