PDA

View Full Version : Unfit To Print?

stephanie
10-13-2007, 05:18 AM
:salute::salute:God bless our men and women serving us....the People of the United States of America............

October 13, 2007 -- Every major daily paper in New York took note of President Bush's deci sion to bestow the first Medal of Honor of Operation Enduring Freedom on Navy SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy - a Long Islander who gave his life for his country and his fellow SEALs.

Every paper but one, that is.

And it shouldn't be particularly hard to guess which one.

By now, most folks know exactly how much The New York Times despises the U.S. military.

How it detests any mission that involves U.S. troops - whether to protect Americans by killing terrorists or to help stave off a bloodbath in the Middle East.

How the paper works tirelessly to promote its anti-war, anti-military agenda - even in its supposedly objective news pages.

So while Bush's announcement merited stories and appreciative editorials in The Post, The New York Sun, the Daily News and even the front page of liberal Newsday, it shouldn't be all that surprising that the Times didn't publish a single word about Murphy's well-deserved honor.

What did the paper of record focus on yesterday? No fewer than three stories reported on how Americans had killed innocent Iraqi civilians.

Regarding the war, of course, the Times' "coverage" was pernicious long before the fighting began.

Since then, it has focused obsessively on the mistakes and sins of American GIs (Abu Ghraib, anyone?) - and rarely has it played up U.S. victories.

Indeed, it would be hard to cite a news outlet more responsible for sapping U.S. morale - and emboldening America's enemies - than the Times.

But Murphy was a New Yorker.

He served with unusual valor and distinction in Afghanistan.

When Taliban militants ambushed his four-man team in 2005, he risked his life scrambling to an open spot to radio for help. He got his call through, but was later killed in the battle.

Surely even editors at the Times could have had the heart to report - if not honor - such courage and self-sacrifice.

Unless, of course, they're so blinded by their disdain for America's fighting men and women and their missions that they just can't muster the decency to do so.

That must be it.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10132007/postopinion/editorials/unfit_to_print_.htm

red states rule
10-13-2007, 05:24 AM
The NY Times hit an all time low when they showed video of a US Marine dying

Outrage! New York Times Posts Video and Pictures of Dying US Soldier!!

** Updated Below **
The New York Times publishes photos and posts video of a dying US soldier!

** Now, the suffering Texas family is outraged! They were not contacted by the Times before the report was published!

And... The Times reporters lost their embedded status after violating a signed agreement!

The video is still posted on the NYT website even after the family complained about this report on their son on Tuesday. (4:40 PM CST, Wednesday)

(I got through 5 minutes of the propaganda video before I had to turn it off and I have pretty high tolerance for media bias. Staff Sgt. Hector Leija is talking to the cameraman at the beginning of the clip. At the end of the clip he is down...
This was just over the top.)

Who needs a "Tokyo Rose" when you have the NYT, CNN, AP, CBS?

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/01/outrage-new-york-times-posts-video-and.html

gabosaurus
10-13-2007, 12:28 PM
More extreme right bullshit from the NY Post. Don't you ever read anything written intelligently?

Gaffer
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
More extreme right bullshit from the NY Post. Don't you ever read anything written intelligently?

By intelligently you mean anti-American and anti-Military. I refuse to read the NYT as it is not an intelligently written paper.

Kathianne
10-13-2007, 01:00 PM
By intelligently you mean anti-American and anti-Military. I refuse to read the NYT as it is not an intelligently written paper.

Not often that we disagree. What they write is garbage at least 80% of the time, but it's usually written intelligently. ;)

Hugh Lincoln
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I refuse to read the NYT as it is not an intelligently written paper.

K is right... I used to subscribe to the Washington Post but went back to the New York Times. Reason? The Post is liberal crap written by children. The Times is liberal crap written by adults. I guess I prefer the latter.

5stringJeff
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
K is right... I used to subscribe to the Washington Post but went back to the New York Times. Reason? The Post is liberal crap written by children. The Times is liberal crap written by adults. I guess I prefer the latter.

Dump the NYT and start reading the WSJ. It's conservative crap written by adults! :D

Kathianne
10-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Dump the NYT and start reading the WSJ. It's conservative crap written by adults! :D

Jeff, I don't find the WSJ print edition all that conservative. Do you?

5stringJeff
10-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Jeff, I don't find the WSJ print edition all that conservative. Do you?

The op-ed page tends to lean right, if only by comparison to the rest of the MSM. The normal stories have little, if any, spin.

Kathianne
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
The op-ed page tends to lean right, if only by comparison to the rest of the MSM. The normal stories have little, if any, spin.

I agree with editorials to right, saw very much left spin in 'news.'

5stringJeff
10-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I agree with editorials to right, saw very much left spin in 'news.'

I read it daily, and I haven't noticed, but I'll look for it.

Kathianne
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I read it daily, and I haven't noticed, but I'll look for it.

The subscription was expensive, I kept it for nearly 5 years, they kept sending it for nearly 18months more. While less than Chicago Tribune, the cost just didn't add up.

Yurt
10-14-2007, 09:33 PM

Do you ever type anything intelligently? Why don't you back up just .001% of what your arse expels instead of just saying, eeew, excuse me.

Kathianne
10-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Here is the ceremony of Lt. Michael Murphy's parents receiving the Medal of Honor:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/10/22/video-lt-michael-murphy-awarded-the-medal-of-honor/

KarlMarx
10-23-2007, 05:09 AM

"Written intelligently" --- Left speak for material that represents, or agrees with, the Left's world view, especially that of the New York Times.

"Extreme right bullshit" --- Left speak for material that contradicts the Left's world view, disproves a belief of the Left's or puts the Left in a bad light.

"Extreme right" --- any position that is to the right of those held by Marx, Lenin, or Engels.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Do you ever type anything intelligently? Why don't you back up just .001% of what your arse expels instead of just saying, eeew, excuse me.

Don't even bother. Her mind is closed as tight as a clam. And just as expansive based on the body of her work here.