PDA

View Full Version : Will Civilization Collapse?

Gunny
09-10-2023, 02:13 PM
Kathianne : Title is a bit misleading. The video is more about the reasons for civilizations collapsing, not learning from history being primary. Otherwise, the steps civilizations go through prior to collapse look at LOT like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtOgZeA8YGI

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 02:16 PM
Only 15 minutes? CC? I'll try to watch, that about my limit on youtube. ;)

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 05:05 PM
@Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8) : Title is a bit misleading. The video is more about the reasons for civilizations collapsing, not learning from history being primary. Otherwise, the steps civilizations go through prior to collapse look at LOT like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtOgZeA8YGI

Well worth watching. Yes, it is pretty well known how civilizations collapse, but this sums it up nicely. Yes, we are on the path, imo.

Gunny
09-10-2023, 05:08 PM
Well worth watching. Yes, it is pretty well known how civilizations collapse, but this sums it up nicely. Yes, we are on the path, imo.By the numbers, right?

AHZ
09-10-2023, 05:10 PM
Well worth watching. Yes, it is pretty well known how civilizations collapse, but this sums it up nicely. Yes, we are on the path, imo.

Like "atlas shrugging"?

the libertarian apocalypse.

lmao.

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 05:10 PM
By the numbers, right?

I'd say we are sprinting towards full collapse.

AHZ
09-10-2023, 05:15 PM
I'd say we are sprinting towards full collapse.

gee golly?

will there have to be martial law?

will it be all our faults?

Gunny
09-10-2023, 05:18 PM
I'd say we are sprinting towards full collapse.The biggest shame to me is we have the knowledge yet keep right on down the drain. A united people could stop this. I'd say they're in the ambivalent drone stage.

AHZ
09-10-2023, 05:20 PM
The biggest shame to me is we have the knowledge yet keep right on down the drain. A united people could stop this. I'd say they're in the ambivalent drone stage.

what's one thing you would advocate to stop circling the drain and why?

Kathianne
09-10-2023, 05:24 PM
The biggest shame to me is we have the knowledge yet keep right on down the drain. A united people could stop this. I'd say they're in the ambivalent drone stage.

Yet, no one wants to address the ignorance of the people-from adults to those in school now. As I mentioned in that other thread, education in this country really was based on a citizenry educated on founding and why. Today, the schools are all about social justice, not American History, much less Western Civ.

Gunny
09-10-2023, 05:46 PM
what's one thing you would advocate to stop circling the drain and why?I know of no one thing that would solve the problems which are based on more than one issue and answer.

As Kathianne, alludes, education is key. An uneducated populace is a herd of sheep looking for a shepherd. It is fortuitous or unfortunate, depending on one's point of view and status, that we have just the power-crazy people in government willing to take on the latter role.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2023, 06:16 PM
I know of no one thing that would solve the problems which are based on more than one issue and answer.

As Kathianne, alludes, education is key. An uneducated populace is a herd of sheep looking for a shepherd. It is fortuitous or unfortunate, depending on one's point of view and status, that we have just the power-crazy people in government willing to take on the latter role.

Education system in this nation has been turned towards three things, 1. liberalism, 2. communism and3. leftism...
Sad, tragic and true... and that is enough, given enough time will bring a downfall, imho. -Tyr

AHZ
09-11-2023, 02:17 AM
I know of no one thing that would solve the problems which are based on more than one issue and answer.

Im saying just name one thing.
of course there are others.

education is key..... glittering generality much?

what are you gonna teach the kids?

how about teaching them to question authority?

are you for that?

AHZ
09-11-2023, 07:31 AM
Yet, no one wants to address the ignorance of the people-from adults to those in school now. As I mentioned in that other thread, education in this country really was based on a citizenry educated on founding and why. Today, the schools are all about social justice, not American History, much less Western Civ.

what do the people need to be taught?

high priestess of intelligence?

is more money for education really the best we can come up with on a righty forum?

really?

AHZ
09-11-2023, 07:42 AM
let talk about something we can do tomorrow that can at least slow the circling down the drain.

You all know I think it's massive tariffs, at least for americans.

we have everything, now if we just don't let our money be siphoned away with globalist dum dum we will be fine.

just great actually.

do you people hate GREAT?

maybe you people are all just too old and can't accept an obvious thing you've been brainwashed against your entire adult lives.

AHZ
09-11-2023, 08:17 AM
will you people be against tariffs even after society collapses?

note that society is collapsing with globalists firmly in control..

maybe we're not dying from globalism, but we're definitely dying with it. (we are dying from it)

I am the science.

fj1200
09-11-2023, 02:39 PM

By the numbers, right?

An event that triggers collapse or more of a long-term collapse (see Argentina)?

I think becoming Argentina is a more likely scenario.

AHZ
09-11-2023, 04:09 PM
An event that triggers collapse or more of a long-term collapse (see Argentina)?

any notion on stopping calamity?

or is this the great cullling?

is it just the great culling in america?

for globalist betrayer purposes?

all the green treaties let china pollute as much as they want.

seems like traitorism.

fj1200
09-11-2023, 04:17 PM
any notion on stopping calamity?

or is this the great cullling?

is it just the great culling in america?

for globalist betrayer purposes?

all the green treaties let china pollute as much as they want.

seems like traitorism.

I don't know what goes on in your mind. My notion is liberty, small-government conservatism, etc. Stuff like that. My fear is that kids today no longer have the drive to succeed, they've been coddled by parents who want to be friends, and their minds have been enfeebled by constant communications and questionable information literally at their fingertips.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 04:22 PM
I don't know what goes on in your mind. My notion is liberty, small-government conservatism, etc. Stuff like that. My fear is that kids today no longer have the drive to succeed, they've been coddled by parents who want to be friends, and their minds have been enfeebled by constant communications and questionable information literally at their fingertips.
And literally spoiled 1st world. Suffering is buying ground beef instead of steak or sirloin instead of rib eye. We go vegetarian for moral signals not by necessity. It's not just kidd either. Pretty much since 1950 Americans have only cut back in degree, never to a point of pain. Certainly exceptions, but pretty few I've seen.

AHZ
09-11-2023, 04:51 PM

there's a lot of good points in here.

AHZ
09-11-2023, 04:53 PM
And literally spoiled 1st world. Suffering is buying ground beef instead of steak or sirloin instead of rib eye. We go vegetarian for moral signals not by necessity. It's not just kidd either. Pretty much since 1950 Americans have only cut back in degree, never to a point of pain. Certainly exceptions, but pretty few I've seen.
but kathianne.

the numbers show homes out of reach for most in the upcoming generations.

you really can't send all the jobs away.

Gunny
09-11-2023, 04:54 PM

I'm going with the Argentina model. One of the World's strongest economies in 1900 to absolute shit. Had a very good summary of its collapse and the reasons why at one time. Think I may have posted it?

The US as a country won't go away. We are on a slide toward totalitarianism, IMO. We already aren't even the society we were when I was a kid and it's not for the better.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 05:41 PM
but kathianne.

Between my kids and nieces/nephew there are 6-all have their own homes and have for 3 years or more. It can be done, those that don't aren't planning or trying.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:11 AM
Between my kids and nieces/nephew there are 6-all have their own homes and have for 3 years or more. It can be done, those that don't aren't planning or trying.

right.

more blame the victim.

were people just lazy during the great depression?

so bidenomics is a success, and losers are the problem. biden 2024 eh?

fj1200
09-12-2023, 08:25 AM
I'm going with the Argentina model. One of the World's strongest economies in 1900 to absolute shit. Had a very good summary of its collapse and the reasons why at one time. Think I may have posted it?

The US as a country won't go away. We are on a slide toward totalitarianism, IMO. We already aren't even the society we were when I was a kid and it's not for the better.

I'm guessing tariffs were in there. They also had a lot of populists running around in the early 1900s. Those two go hand-in-hand.

https://read.dukeupress.edu/hahr/article/53/2/260/151581/The-Tariff-and-Politics-in-Argentina-1916-1930

fj1200
09-12-2023, 08:27 AM
The wheels starting to come off.

but kathianne.

Good thing we're not.

right.

more blame the victim.

were people just lazy during the great depression?

so bidenomics is a success, and losers are the problem. biden 2024 eh?

No, but someone thought tariffs were a good idea. And sometimes the "victim" doesn't plan very well.

Let the car crash begin.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 08:36 AM
The wheels starting to come off.

Good thing we're not.

No, but someone thought tariffs were a good idea. And sometimes the "victim" doesn't plan very well.

Let the car crash begin.

tariffs were not the cause of the great depression.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 08:52 AM
tariffs were not the cause of the great depression.

Sorry to burst your bubble but a wave of global protectionism pretty well crushed the global economy. Not that there weren't other things going on.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599707003/smoot-hawley-tariff-act-a-classic-economics-horror-story

Not to mention the collapse of Smoot-Hawley opposition tying to the stock market collapse in Oct '29.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 09:10 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but a wave of global protectionism pretty well crushed the global economy. Not that there weren't other things going on.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599707003/smoot-hawley-tariff-act-a-classic-economics-horror-story

Not to mention the collapse of Smoot-Hawley opposition tying to the stock market collapse in Oct '29.

it was due to overheated overspeculation on the markets due to fiat currency insanity.

tariffs had little to do with it.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 09:14 AM
it was due to overheated overspeculation on the markets due to fiat currency insanity.

tariffs had little to do with it.

You need to read stuff by smart people to disabuse you of your notions. Global trade plummeted 66%; is that your "had little to do with it?"

It also seems we were on the gold standard until 1933.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 09:16 AM
You need to read stuff by smart people to disabuse you of your notions. Global trade plummeted 66%; is that your "had little to do with it?"

It also seems we were on the gold standard until 1933.

that wasn't causal.

it was due to overspeculation. bubble crafting. something they still do to screw over the sheeple every few years.

they call it the business cycle.

it's made up.

tariffs have always been a part of international trade.

quit being revisionist.

tariffs are what we need right now, regardless of the past.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 09:24 AM
that wasn't causal.

it was due to overspeculation. bubble crafting. something they still do to screw over the sheeple every few years.

they call it the business cycle.

it's made up.

tariffs have always been a part of international trade.

quit being revisionist.

tariffs are what we need right now, regardless of the past.

Wow, you are amazingly bad at this. A thinking individual might offer a few links to support their posit but you??? Rote repetition of debunked blather.

Why do you hate Americans?

Kathianne
09-12-2023, 09:46 AM
Wow, you are amazingly bad at this. A thinking individual might offer a few links to support their posit but you??? Rote repetition of debunked blather.

Kinda wonder what the real goal is, if not just Trump.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 09:49 AM
Kinda wonder what the real goal is, if not just Trump.

My mind is boggled. It's a complete lack of independent thought. And I try not to think conspiratorially. ;)

AHZ
09-12-2023, 09:50 AM

explain how tariffs would be bad right now.

Kathianne
09-12-2023, 09:59 AM
When you pose a repetitive statement or question rather than a response, you will be threadbanned going on.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 10:05 AM
When you pose a repetitive statement or question rather than a response, you will be threadbanned going on.

discussion forums never mandate how a person responds.

I will respond how i want.

truth is we've never seen a concise explanation on how tariffs would be bad right now, or how sending all the jobs away is good.

globalist dogma is a pile of lies.

there is no proof tariffs caused the depression.

it's revisionist globalist lies.

Kathianne
09-12-2023, 10:11 AM

truth is we've never seen a concise explanation on how tariffs would be bad right now, or how sending all the jobs away is good.

Again. We do not have to let you derail every thread and acquiesce that others give you answers that fit your narrative. They may choose not to answer any of your 'questions' or respond in ways you do not like. They may ignore any or most of your posts, never giving you what it is you're asking for.

You of course are free to do the same. For instance:

I post, "Are you going to ask a new question?" You can respond: "I've been trying to get answers to my original question 3 posts above, but no one is answering it." I will respond, likely not the way you want, but you won't be banned. However, if in place of something like the previous, you respond, "Why won't you address why tariffs are always bad, I've asked a gazillion times? You're ignoring me!" You'll get banned.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 10:15 AM

Tariffs are bad. They do not exist in a vacuum.

Because you refuse to look and fall back on your repetitive pablum.

Who said anything about sending all the jobs away? Question withdrawn: You'll never answer and are unable in the main.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 10:28 AM
Again. We do not have to let you derail every thread and acquiesce that others give you answers that fit your narrative. They may choose not to answer any of your 'questions' or respond in ways you do not like. They may ignore any or most of your posts, never giving you what it is you're asking for.

You of course are free to do the same. For instance:

I post, "Are you going to ask a new question?" You can respond: "I've been trying to get answers to my original question 3 posts above, but no one is answering it." I will respond, likely not the way you want, but you won't be banned. However, if in place of something like the previous, you respond, "Why won't you address why tariffs are always bad, I've asked a gazillion times? You're ignoring me!" You'll get banned.

It's not derailing a thread when I don't respond how you want.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 10:28 AM

Who said anything about sending all the jobs away? Question withdrawn: You'll never answer and are unable in the main.

you say nothing about sending all the jobs away. that's your problem.

your silence is violence.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 10:30 AM

I know the answer.

tariffs did not cause the depression.

nothing in any of your cites proves they did.

if so quote the relevant passage.

Kathianne
09-12-2023, 10:35 AM
It's not derailing a thread when I don't respond how you want.

Covered earlier. Not doing again. Do not respond to this, move on.

fj1200
09-12-2023, 10:56 AM
I know the answer.

tariffs did not cause the depression.

nothing in any of your cites proves they did.

if so quote the relevant passage.

Done and done. You're useless.