PDA

View Full Version : 22 Years Later

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 08:30 AM
I still remember like yesterday.

AHZ
09-11-2023, 08:33 AM
you mean the pnac false flag attack to ramp up the war machine and the surveilance state?

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 08:44 AM
I choose to ignore the second post in this thread, if that poster or others want to add to his thoughts I started another thread for those who want to remember 9/11 as the culmination of the worst of America-that's just not me.

In fact, so the second poster doesn't feel a lack of ability to participate-I'll move that to the cage, so he may go on as long as he chooses, in whatever form he chooses.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 08:52 AM
There are no wars without mistakes at best; without sins most likely.

I do not believe the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks on NY, DC, PA.

I do not subscribe to Iraq for vengeance that some do.

I do believe that war costs are nearly limitless in both materials and profits. There were certainly profiteers. There were military men and women that saw war as the road to promotions-for better and worse. These 'features' led to many bad policies, decisions, and deaths of young men and women that were supposed to be under their superiors protection.

I do believe that most military leaders and some politicians did their best, as they were supposed to.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2023, 08:54 AM

As do I my friend. And I remember who they were-- MUSLIM SCUM??? :saluting2:
Some of us will never forget.....:saluting2:

gabosaurus
09-11-2023, 10:17 AM
https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/09/11/bruce-springsteen-911-world-trade-center-the-rising-heal-america/70789300007/

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 10:36 AM
One of my friends is friends with this man's wife, she posted this on FB this morning:

Jeffrey Fellmeth3d ·

Most of you know that I was a pilot for American Airlines and on 9-11-01 I was flying a Boeing 767 (same type that hit the Twin Towers) from Caracas, Venezuela to NY.

We had left Caracas at 8 am, so we had no idea what was going on until we reached the radar controlled airspace surrounding Puerto Rico. The air traffic controller would only tell that JFK was closed and we needed to contact our company. When we queried the controller about why the airport was closed, he responded “I can’t tell you over an open frequency.” The Captain & I are both retired Air Force pilots and those words sent a huge chill through both of us.

So, we then used the satellite phone in the cockpit to contact American Airlines in Dallas. The Dispatcher in Dallas only told us that 2 airplanes had flown into the World Trade Center Towers and that we should divert to Miami. HE DID NOT tell us the planes were airliners or that one of the planes was an American flight.

We immediately knew it was some kind of attack, but NEVER dreamed it was airliners; rather we were thinking light aircraft out of one of the numerous northern NJ airports.

The only other communication we received from the company was a message telling us that NOT EVEN the Flight Attendants were to be allowed in the cockpit. Well, after that message the crash axe was in my lap for the remainder of the flight.

We elected to NOT tell anyone on board we were diverting to Miami, not even the Flight Attendants. As far as anyone on board knew we were on our way to NY.

About halfway between Puerto Rico and Miami, Miami Air Traffic Control transmitted the following: “ALL US AIRSPACE IS CLOSED! I WILL CALL YOU BACK SHORTLY TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU WANT TO LAND OUTSIDE OF THE US.” He then began contacting individual flights and sending them to numerous airports all over the Caribbean, Central and South America.

After about 15-20 minutes of him diverting planes the controller announced that 3 flights would be allowed to land in Miami. We were first, followed by a Continental flight 30 minutes behind and then an American flight 1 hour behind. To my knowledge, these were the last 3 flights to land at Miami that day and were probably some of the last flights to enter US airspace.

Miami International is an extremely busy airport and the skies around Miami are normally full of aircraft and the accompanying radio chatter, but not when we arrived. When we checked in with Miami Approach Control there was an eerie silence as we were the ONLY aircraft in their airspace. The tension in the cockpit was pretty thick at this point since even at 3 in the morning you usually aren’t alone with Miami Approach. Our approach was pretty uneventful until about 4 miles out from landing when our flaps malfunctioned. We didn’t dare go around at this point to run our checklist; we simply took what we had for flaps and landed on the north runway at Miami.

Now came the real shock. The north side of the Miami airport is a HUGE parking area used mainly by cargo and charter aircraft. Well, on 9/11 the north ramp was covered with more airplanes than I had ever seen! They were packed in like sardines and for any of you who have been to the military and civilian aircraft storage facilities in AZ, well, this was tighter! Up again went the pucker factor!

Our flap malfunction prevented us from retracting our flaps after landing which, before 9-11, was a HUGE PROBLEM for us. To taxi into the parking area with your flaps down was a signal to ground personnel that you were being HIJACKED and wanted ARMED INTERVENTION NOW!!!!! I’m thinking this as I look to my left and see all those jets crammed together so as we clear the runway the first word out of my mouth are “GROUND, AMERICAN 936 IS CLEAR OF RUNWAY 09 LEFT AND OUR FLAPS ARE DOWN BECAUSE THEY’RE BROKE!” (Yes, I was yelling.)

Somehow we were given a gate to park at and as we pulled up the Captain made a PA to the passengers telling them the little we know. “Ladies and Gentleman, some of you may have realized by looking outside or at your watches that this I not New York….” He then told all the passengers to remain seated until we had a chance to talk to the agents meeting the flight.

Now, you must remember, we still don’t know that commercial airlines have been used in this attack, nor do we know about the Pentagon of Flight 93 in PA.

The agent came on board and made a PA informing the passengers and the crew of the events and now for the first time we know of the devastation in NY as by this time both towers were down. You could have heard a pin drop.

On the home front, my wife and children (14, 9, and 6) have NO idea where I am, only that I’m supposed to be home that afternoon. When I turn on my cell phone there’s a tear filled voicemail from my wife wondering where I am or even IF I am, but because of the phone system where she worked I can’t reach her. I do contact the grade school for my 2 younger kids and when I tell the secretary that I’m a pilot for American Airlines she just lost it!

My kids expected me home that day and I asked her to contact them at the end of the school day (they hadn’t told the kids about the attacks) that I was ok and in Miami. She also contacted the High School for me where a Guidance Counselor went to my oldest daughter’s class. Needless to say having Guidance come to your room looking for you while watching aircraft like your Dad’s crash is pretty intense for a 16 year old. I think she had it worse than I did since I knew I was ok.

I finally did get a hold of Debbie, my parents, and in-laws but I couldn’t tell them much except I was in Miami for a while and didn’t even know where I was going to be staying.

It took a couple of hours but we ended up at our normal layover hotel in Miami Beach where I spent the next 5 days watching the F-15’s fly up and down the beach wishing I was back with them (I had only been retired for a year).

I finally got home Saturday night around midnight and spent Sunday close to my family. Monday morning found me on my way back to JFK for my next flight. My normal 2-2 ½ hour drive took 4 hours that Monday and crossing over the Verrazano Narrows Bridge was truly humbling.

The Twin Towers were the dominant feature of Manhattan, especially the lower end and the Verrazano offers a beautiful view of NY harbor and lower Manhattan. Six days later, the fire was still burning, smoke was still rising from Ground Zero plus there was this huge gap in the buildings where the Towers had been. Now, 20 years later, I still look and miss the sight of the World Trade Center.
Will I ever forget? NEVER! Every time I go to work I think about what happened that day and wonder when they’ll try it again and will I be ready.

I will always remember that day, where I was, what I and my family went though and I will always remind others of what happened that day and what it means to me, my freedom, and my way of life.

Jeff Fellmeth
Retired American Airlines Pilot

I had a 7th grader whose dad was an army colonel working at the Pentagon on 9/11. His mom, (also army), came and picked up him and his sister after the Pentagon hit, as they were unable to get through to their dad until quite late that evening. Obviously what had been a very temporary assignment, became permanent and the family moved to DC.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 12:06 PM
This reflects on how those pushing false narratives for a number of reasons, can get away with it and convince the ignorant:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2023/09/11/september-11-attacks-honor-victims-teach-history-schools/70604305007/

'What happened at the Pentagon?' If we're not careful, 9/11 attacks will fade from memory.As the headquarters of the U.S. Defense Department, the Pentagon is a symbol of national security. Terrorists bombed a hole in that symbol in 2001.
Jacqueline Jules
Opinion contributor

“The Pentagon is broken,” he said. “I saw the hole from my daddy’s car.”

The child was a preschooler in one of my library classes. He approached me after story time. I recall his little hands cupping my ear as if he were sharing a secret.

Like everyone in the Washington, D.C., area, this young child had a story to tell after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. One of my friends in Arlington, Virginia, was surprised by a vase falling from a bookshelf when the impact of the Pentagon crash jolted nearby houses. Others were frightened by the smoke and the sirens. Another family I knew was spared tragedy because the mother arrived late to work at the Pentagon that particular Tuesday morning. Many people were panicked by the lack of cell service as they tried to get through to loved ones and co-workers.

The Pentagon was broken. A gaping hole could be seen from the road. But it was repaired within a year. And in 2008, a beautiful memorial was erected on the grounds of the complex. The Sunday my husband and I visited, we got lost in one of the massive parking lots. A helpful security guard directed us.

When we finally arrived, we spent a thoughtful hour in silence walking among 184 cantilevered benches made of stainless steel with inlaid granite. On each bench, a name is inscribed. The ages of victims range from a 3-year-old aboard American Airlines Flight 77 with her family, to a 71-year-old Navy veteran also on the hijacked flight.

In addition to the beauty of the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, I must note that my husband and I were practically alone – so different from other memorials in the area generally packed with tourists. At the time, I appreciated the quiet, but in retrospect I wonder whether the absence of visitors that day reflects a larger truth about the collective memory of Sept. 11.

The 9/11 Pentagon Memorial opened in 2008, featuring 184 memorial benches dedicated to each of the victims. The benches are made of stainless steel and inlaid with smooth granite.
'Many people are surprised to hear that the Pentagon was ever a target'
The Pentagon sits across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C., in Arlington, Virginia. In a recent conversation with a group of Northern Virginia friends, I asked whether they had visited the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial. They responded that they didn’t even know a memorial existed there.

News coverage of the 9/11 terrorist attacks focused primarily on the carnage in New York City. Anniversary coverage does, too. Who doesn’t immediately recognize an image of the Twin Towers collapsing? Could the same be said for an uncaptioned picture of the damage done to the Pentagon?

An American flag is draped over the walls of the Pentagon on Sept. 13, 2001, after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Al-Qaida militants crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, killing 184 people.
Do Americans even remember that a jetliner also crashed into the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001?

A synopsis on the Arlington Public Library website for "9/11 Inside the Pentagon," a PBS documentary about the attack, notes that “many people are surprised to hear that the Pentagon was ever a target, let alone the loss of life that occurred there.”

Are kids learning enough about civics?If we want to make history, we must understand it first.

'What happened at the Pentagon?'
In 2008, I was a librarian at a public elementary school in Northern Virginia. After viewing a snippet of the televised dedication ceremony at the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, a group of my students expressed sincere surprise. “What happened at the Pentagon?” they asked me.

If students in Virginia don’t know, what about students in Idaho or New Mexico?

We're still living with 9/11.Just like we're learning to live with COVID-19.

I will acknowledge that the Washington area did not experience the same death toll as New York City, where 2,753 lost their lives that Sept. 11. The Pentagon building still exists, unlike the demolished Twin Towers. But 9/11 was not just an attack on New York.

As the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Pentagon is a symbol of American security. That symbol was shattered in 2001.

Monday marks the 22nd anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This year and in subsequent anniversaries, we should be cognizant of the 184 lives lost in Virginia and the 40 who died when terrorists crashed another jet in Pennsylvania. We should ask that this history be a part of the curriculum in all American schools.

Jacqueline Jules' collection of narrative poems, "Smoke at the Pentagon: Poems to Remember," recalls the Northern Virginia experience of 9/11.
Now, only a fraction of the 50 states require students to be educated on the events of Sept. 11, 2001. When a subject is not required, it is not given precious instructional time, particularly in schools that struggle with standardized test scores.

If we are not careful to teach the next generation, the 9/11 terrorist attacks will fade into a brief news story given coverage only on milestone anniversaries. Those who died 22 years ago deserve to be more than a footnote in American history.

SassyLady
09-11-2023, 12:13 PM

My husband was active duty and I remember sitting in front of TV watching the towers collapse knowing he was going to war.

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 12:21 PM
This reflects on how those pushing false narratives for a number of reasons, can get away with it and convince the ignorant:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2023/09/11/september-11-attacks-honor-victims-teach-history-schools/70604305007/

They won't teach it enough. Too busy teaching about gender fluidity and the 1619 project type stuff. ..

They will probably say that it's offensive to Muslim students to teach on 911.

The country is so different from 22 years ago. I don't know what happened.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 12:31 PM
They won't teach it enough. Too busy teaching about gender fluidity and the 1619 project type stuff. ..

They will probably say that it's offensive to Muslim students to teach on 911.

The country is so different from 22 years ago. I don't know what happened.

I liked GW, but I blame him for calling Islam, a religion of peace. There ARE peaceful Muslims, but the religion as taught and practiced in many instances is not.

Arguments of whether or not or how deeply the West should have been in ME or Asia are fair and worthy of hashing out. What isn't ok is justifying presence with violence, as bin Laden did. He was backed and financed by the biggest ME players, including SA.

Now at the same time, primary and secondary schools, public or private should NOT be in the business of indoctrinating kids. I'm serious on that from both sides and any real middle. Teach facts, not opinions.

revelarts
09-11-2023, 12:32 PM

yes, it does.

Here's April Gallop testimony. Military member in the Pentagon on 911.
She starts at the 7 minute mark.
If anyone's interested in what some on the ground saw that day.
https://rumble.com/v2g25ly-april-gallop-what-really-happened-on-911-2007.html

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkuVKm4oNZw

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 05:46 PM
I predict this will not go over well:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/09/11/joe-biden-visited-ground-zero-on-9-12-2001-in-his-own-mind-n577301

Joe Biden visited Ground Zero on 9/12/2001--in his own mindDAVID STROM 6:31 PM on September 11, 2023

Joe Biden visited Ground Zero on 9/12/2001--in his own mind
AP Photo/Matt Rourke
Joe Biden visited Ground Zero the day after the horrific terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

He looked straight into the GATES OF HELL. He will NEVER FORGET.

I’m not making this up. Joe Biden, speaking to US troops in Alaska as the first president to skip the ceremonies at any of the sites of the terrorist attacks, made up yet another fantastical story about his personal connection to a national tragedy.

At least he didn’t compare his kitchen fire or the perils his Corvette found itself in to the troops, most of whom wouldn’t be old enough to remember the events of that fateful day. Instead they can remember that time a president visited them in Alaska to recount a Walter Mitty fantasy.

So where was Joe Biden on September 12th? “Exactly where he wanted: in the U.S. Senate.”

By now it is par for the course to have Biden tell a tall tale, and to have that tall tale be about his imagined relationship to some event or another.

And just as you would expect, as of now the MSM has circled the wagons and pretended that Biden didn’t distort reality. Instead we will be treated to stories about Biden’s empathy, his foreign policy experience, and how much he loves his sons.

One of whom (didn’t) die in Iraq, you know.

Biden’s commemoration of 9/11 in Alaska was a bizarre choice to begin with, and his behavior was even more bizarre than usual. He opened his remarks with some jokes and some praise for his own athletic skills, although there was no mention of the blond hair on his legs.

The Biden Administration also had the good taste to announce a deal with Iran today of all days, despite the fact that Iran has admitted its complicity in the terrorist attacks. Why, of all days, would they put this out in the news?

The Biden Administration is like a social science experiment in which researchers are testing the tolerance of a population to incompetent and occasionally hostile leadership.

How many insults to our intelligence can a population take? How much gaslighting will people tolerate? Can a political party survive a policy of disparaging its citizens and destroying the social fabric of a nation?

So far the answer has been yes, it can.

That doesn’t speak well for Biden’s supporters, in my view. The guy isn’t just senile, which would be bad enough. He oozes contempt for us and apparently revels in insulting us.

Time for Biden to go back to Delaware and drive his Corvette–on a closed track, where he can’t hurt anybody else. I wouldn’t want to be on the road with him.

Gunny
09-11-2023, 06:40 PM

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/09/11/joe-biden-visited-ground-zero-on-9-12-2001-in-his-own-mind-n577301Because he just flat sucks and sells out the US routinely?

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 06:41 PM

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/09/11/joe-biden-visited-ground-zero-on-9-12-2001-in-his-own-mind-n577301
Somehow the president not showing up to the memorial feels like a step toward 911 being just another day and forgetting it.

Gunny
09-11-2023, 06:47 PM
Somehow the president not showing up to the memorial feels like a step toward 911 being just another day and forgetting it.I promise to agree with you if we ever again get a President worthy of walking on hallowed ground.

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 06:53 PM
I promise to agree with you if we ever again get a President worthy of walking on hallowed ground.

After the Hawaii debacle, maybe his handlers are afraid he'll say something else that's stupid that would have worse consequences politically.

Gunny
09-11-2023, 06:59 PM
After the Hawaii debacle, maybe his handlers are afraid he'll say something else that's stupid that would have worse consequences politically.Pretty sure he topped his Hawaii act in Vietnam.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 06:59 PM
After the Hawaii debacle, maybe his handlers are afraid he'll say something else that's stupid that would have worse consequences politically.

I'm pretty sure yesterday beat HI. Then Alaska today, he claimed to look into hell 9/12/01 at Ground Zero, when he was documented to be in the Senate...

Every appearance gets worse...

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure yesterday beat HI. Then Alaska today, he claimed to look into hell 9/12/01 at Ground Zero, when he was documented to be in the Senate...

I was just thinking of that.

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 07:08 PM

Well maybe they should send him to his proverbial basement.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2023, 08:20 PM
Well maybe they should send him to his proverbial basement.

Herr basement boy Joe strikes yet again. Man tells lies like it rains. GAWD WHAT A CHUMP LIAR HE IS. --Tyr

Gunny
09-12-2023, 02:50 PM

Every appearance gets worse...As Watters puts it: He insinuates himself into any-and-everything:rolleyes: