PDA

View Full Version : What If Joe Biden Bows Out?

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 10:47 AM
Will The Don walk into his second term? Will The Don fall fast in the polls, without the threat of Biden/Harris?

***Note to anyone wanting to troll, don't. Post if you like, don't go trollish.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 10:49 AM
What brought this to mind is that the Vietnam presser seems to have reverberated quite a lot. Even before that, some were calling for him to get out, make room for someone younger. Then the presser, yesterday and today the calls seem to be multiplying.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Will The Don walk into his second term? Will The Don fall fast in the polls, without the threat of Biden/Harris?

If Herr Biden goes out of it, Trump will walk in if he is not convicted on any of the lying trumped up bullshit charges he faces now.--Tyr

Black Diamond
09-11-2023, 11:08 AM
By bowing out do you mean resigning or deciding not to run ? I think he is too arrogant to do either.

But if he did decide not to run it would help the dems if they could distance themselves from or just say he's an invalid. Far as trump having a cakewalk well it depends on who is chosen.

I've heard his staff doesn't want him to resign or be forced out because they don't want to deal with Harris.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 11:10 AM
By bowing out do you mean resigning or deciding not to run ? I think he is too arrogant to do either.

But if he did decide not to run it would help the dems if they could distance themselves from or just say he's an invalid. Far as trump having a cakewalk well it depends on who is chosen.

I've heard his staff doesn't want him to resign or be forced out because they don't want to deal with Harris.

I think right now it's about not running again. After yesterday I'm not sure he will make it to the election though.

Gunny
09-11-2023, 06:58 PM

***Note to anyone wanting to troll, don't. Post if you like, don't go trollish.Should it come down to it, Running against Biden is Trump's best and only hope. Stick a fresh face that can talk a lot of smack in and it's over.

Kathianne
09-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Should it come down to it, Running against Biden is Trump's best and only hope. Stick a fresh face that can talk a lot of smack in and it's over.

That's my thought. Without Biden, folks will look to others than Trump.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:00 AM

why would don fall in the polls if biden bows out?

what is the logic behind that?

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:01 AM
That's my thought. Without Biden, folks will look to others than Trump.

how does this make sense?

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:28 AM
What brought this to mind is that the Vietnam presser seems to have reverberated quite a lot. Even before that, some were calling for him to get out, make room for someone younger. Then the presser, yesterday and today the calls seem to be multiplying.

nobody younger believes all the neocon / neolib horseshit the military industrial complex wants.

trump is unique for his generation in being able to reject the fascist hypnosis. you should try it.

you really hate trump huh?

would you rather have trump or biden?

Gunny
09-12-2023, 02:48 PM
That's my thought. Without Biden, folks will look to others than Trump.That and I'm thinking along the lines of Biden hardly is inspiring the Dems. Put "someone" that can galvanize and interest voters that's "anybody but Trump" and they have a united front with voter interest.

Well, that and it looks like the Republican't's are going to make a martyr of poor ol' Joe:rolleyes:

Two criminal but politically martyred candidates running for President of the US. WHo'da thunk THAT?

Black Diamond
09-12-2023, 02:49 PM
I think Newsome could be a problem for DeSantis and maybe all the other candidates

Black Diamond
09-12-2023, 02:50 PM
how does this make sense?

She thinks they would look at other dems. "They" meaning the middle and indies. That's what I got out of it.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 03:36 PM
She thinks they would look at other dems. "They" meaning the middle and indies. That's what I got out of it.

that would make sense if biden wasn't the best they had.
:dance:

AHZ
09-12-2023, 03:37 PM
the only dem who could have beat trump was 2016 bernie who was also against the tpp at that time. until deborah wasserman schultz took him to the wood shed and did him dirty.

Gunny
09-12-2023, 03:42 PM
the only dem who could have beat trump was 2016 bernie who was also against the tpp at that time. until deborah wasserman schultz took him to the wood shed and did him dirty.This isn't 2016. IMO, Biden could have beaten Trump. Just like he did in 2020. I was more than fine with the Dems sticking with Hitlery. They underestimated how many of their own hated her.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:48 PM
This isn't 2016. IMO, Biden could have beaten Trump. Just like he did in 2020. I was more than fine with the Dems sticking with Hitlery. They underestimated how many of their own hated her.

and there's no real democrat in sight who can beat trump.

biden didn't actually win in 2020, so he can't really do it either. he only did it with lockdown based cheating.

Black Diamond
09-12-2023, 04:51 PM
No one has a crystal ball. As Pete found out in 2016.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 04:53 PM
No one has a crystal ball. As Pete found out in 2016.

I have a crystal ball. old war injury. and a glass eye.

Black Diamond
09-12-2023, 04:53 PM
and there's no real democrat in sight who can beat trump.

If that's the case, why do you hound fj Kath and Gunny for not supporting him. If it's a done deal.....

Gunny
09-12-2023, 04:58 PM
If that's the case, why do you hound fj Kath and Gunny for not supporting him. If it's a done deal.....THAT is a problem all of its own. Trump supporters emulating his behavior and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with everything they say or do.

Not sure about you, but if I was trying to recruit people to my cause, attacking them doesn't come to mind as a means that will achieve that goal.

Black Diamond
09-12-2023, 04:59 PM
THAT is a problem all of its own. Trump supporters emulating his behavior and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with everything they say or do.

Not sure about you, but if I was trying to recruit people to my cause, attacking them doesn't come to mind as a means that will achieve that goal.

No it makes them dig in harder on their position.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 05:02 PM
If that's the case, why do you hound fj Kath and Gunny for not supporting him. If it's a done deal.....

for shits and giggles i suppose.
:dance:

Gunny
09-12-2023, 05:06 PM
for shits and giggles i suppose.
:dance:You're not funny. You should slap whoever is telling you that you are. Your constant personal attacks don't sit very well with the "Golden Rule" you wish to impose as law. You'd be in jail at your own hands.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 05:29 PM
You're not funny. You should slap whoever is telling you that you are. Your constant personal attacks don't sit very well with the "Golden Rule" you wish to impose as law. You'd be in jail at your own hands.

i don't wish to impose the golden rule as law.

it's a basis. of course details need to be fleshed out.

reciprocity is a great starting maxim for moral endeavors.

that's all.

and like you said, the principal is nearly universal in man's religions.

AHZ
09-12-2023, 05:30 PM
You're not funny. You should slap whoever is telling you that you are. Your constant personal attacks don't sit very well with the "Golden Rule" you wish to impose as law. You'd be in jail at your own hands.

i don't mind jokes either. so it passes my golden rule test. you're just a grump.

throwing little bitch fits isn't alpha.

Gunny
09-12-2023, 05:45 PM
i don't mind jokes either. so it passes my golden rule test. you're just a grump.

throwing little bitch fits isn't alpha.You perception of others is as lacking and incorrect as your political knowledge :laugh:

AHZ
09-13-2023, 06:41 AM
THAT is a problem all of its own. Trump supporters emulating his behavior and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with everything they say or do.

you've done your share of attacking "trumptards".

Kathianne
09-13-2023, 10:56 AM
I suppose ultimately it will depend if Joe keeps going and Jill can make him stay, but the calls are getting louder for him to drop out of campaign:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/12/biden-trump-election-step-aside/

AHZ
09-13-2023, 10:59 AM
I suppose ultimately it will depend if Joe keeps going and Jill can make him stay, but the calls are getting louder for him to drop out of campaign:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/12/biden-trump-election-step-aside/

it seems like most are talking about newsome.

Gunny
09-13-2023, 04:00 PM
you've done your share of attacking "trumptards".Incorrect. go out of my way to either not post something or ensure it is not personally offensive to Trump supporters. Further, I do not use current accepted slang to describe Trump supporters.

I have friends and/or associates who support Trump and I respect their right to do so.

Don't confuse THEM with YOU being a fucktard.