PDA

View Full Version : Comparative Advantage is retard talk

AHZ
09-13-2023, 01:21 PM
Comparative advantage is retard talk.

discuss.

AHZ
09-13-2023, 02:02 PM
People say being a "post industrial consumer society" is a cool thing to be.

I say it's better to be able to make stuff and that "consumer society" is retard talk.

Gunny
09-13-2023, 03:55 PM

discuss.You started a whole thread over a term just because your communist idealism got slapped down with it?

The term makes perfect sense and is easily defined. Please consult a dictionary:rolleyes:

fj1200
09-13-2023, 06:21 PM
I'll watch. Which retard should I root for? :popcorn:

discuss.

Or...

comparative advantage is oftentimes illegitimate.

for instance, a comparative advantage on cheap labor just means human slavery and civil rights abuses.

If it's oftentimes illegitimate then oftentimes it is legitimate.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 09:20 AM
You started a whole thread over a term just because your communist idealism got slapped down with it?

The term makes perfect sense and is easily defined. Please consult a dictionary:rolleyes:

it's easy to define the concept.

but the concept is abused and used for bad and or stupid purposes.

maybe france has the best wine. and that should be legal. champagne can be sold on the international market.

but china being the best at slavery and human rights abuse should be red flagged for boycott status not incented with massive orders that put free people out of work.

capitalism is not a moral framework. we still need other laws and should consider other considerations.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 09:22 AM
I'll watch. Which retard should I root for? :popcorn:

Or...

If it's oftentimes illegitimate then oftentimes it is legitimate.

mostly it's illegitimate with china.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 09:26 AM

This thread is apparently about comparative advantage and presumably whether it is a valid concept. I'm awaiting the discussion. :popcorn:

AHZ
09-14-2023, 09:50 AM
This thread is apparently about comparative advantage and presumably whether it is a valid concept. I'm awaiting the discussion. :popcorn:

it often times is not valid, and is used to incentivize human slavery overseas, a practice which is a race to the bottom for all working people.

there ya go. assertion asserted.

I have seen no effective rebuttal.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 09:56 AM
it often times is not valid, and is used to incentivize human slavery overseas, a practice which is a race to the bottom for all working people.

there ya go. assertion asserted.

I have seen no effective rebuttal.

It seems you have internal conflict. I'm awaiting the outcome.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 09:58 AM
It seems you have internal conflict. I'm awaiting the outcome.

ok... meanwhile, you've made a poor showing in this thread.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 10:02 AM

You mistake my intent here. I'm only waiting for the discussion to happen.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 10:07 AM
You mistake my intent here. I'm only waiting for the discussion to happen.

It happened.

you lost.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 10:16 AM
It happened.

you lost.

Unpossible, I haven't said anything about comparative advantage here. You seem to be of two minds on the matter.

Kathianne
09-14-2023, 10:19 AM
Hey! Look at the f'ing mess the train made!

AHZ
09-14-2023, 10:25 AM
Unpossible, I haven't said anything about comparative advantage here. You seem to be of two minds on the matter.

that's why you lost.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 10:27 AM
that's why you lost.

That doesn't make sense. You're the only one discussing in this thread and you're on both sides of the issue. Hence the :popcorn:

AHZ
09-14-2023, 10:28 AM
You're the only one discussing ....

correct, you have made no impact.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 10:31 AM
correct, you have made no impact.

Great. That's far closer to the truth. I had one intent in this thread and it was acknowledged but you didn't notice because it wasn't directed at you. :)

AHZ
09-14-2023, 10:54 AM
Great. That's far closer to the truth. I had one intent in this thread and it was acknowledged but you didn't notice because it wasn't directed at you. :)

It's good you feel you accomplished something.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 01:21 PM

but the concept is abused and used for bad and or stupid purposes.

maybe france has the best wine. and that should be legal. champagne can be sold on the international market.

but china being the best at slavery and human rights abuse should be red flagged for boycott status not incented with massive orders that put free people out of work.

capitalism is not a moral framework. we still need other laws and should consider other considerations. You admit it is not the concept that is bad, as stated in the OP, but the people who abuse it. I feel the exact same way about trade tariffs to build an artificial economy.

People are currently free to choose where they wish to work and what they want to work at. Your proposed policies preclude such freedom of choice and enslave the people to supporting only your government and your government's industry.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:23 PM
You admit it is not the concept that is bad, as stated in the OP, but the people who abuse it. I feel the exact same way about trade tariffs to build an artificial economy.

People are currently free to choose where they wish to work and what they want to work at. Your proposed policies preclude such freedom of choice and enslave the people to supporting only your government and your government's industry.

we have private domestic corporations. they would love to do production here. tariffs are not tyranny.

yes. im a protectionist. allowing slave labor on the international labor market is a race to the bottom.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 01:36 PM
we have private domestic corporations. they would love to do production here. tariffs are not tyranny.

yes. im a protectionist. allowing slave labor on the international labor market is a race to the bottom.Your domestic corporations would love to do business at their spoiled ass's prices fixed by government.

Slave labor in a work for us or starve domestic market is the same race.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:41 PM
Your domestic corporations would love to do business at their spoiled ass's prices fixed by government.

Slave labor in a work for us or starve domestic market is the same race.

tariffs are standard in trade.

the bigger manipulation is calling them communism and forcing americans to compete with overseas slaves.

and it matters when you send all those wages overseas. that's money permanently lost from the economy.

globalism without reciprocal tariffs is a one way money suck from free nations to slave nations.

yes sir. the full truth.

how about all the nations that tariff us?

is it only NOT FREE TRADE when america protects itself?

why are you america last?

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:43 PM
There are laws against accepting trade made with forced labor. Why do you hate Americans?

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11360

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:44 PM
There are laws against accepting trade made with forced labor. Why do you hate Americans?

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11360

yes. they are ignored in china and we buy that shit anyway.

we shouldn't.

we should just keep as many jobs here as possible as policy.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:45 PM
yes. they are ignored in china and we buy that shit anyway.

we shouldn't.

Evidence?

It's like gun laws. We should enforce the laws on the books and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:48 PM
Evidence?

It's like gun laws. We should enforce the laws on the books and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

do you deny there's slavery in china?

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:52 PM
Evidence?

chinese corporations are also not held to the same accounting standards as other countries.

this is obvious traitorism by globalist fuckheimers.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:56 PM
do you deny there's slavery in china?

I'm sure they have some forced labor in China. We have laws, let's enforce them.

chinese corporations are also not held to the same accounting standards as other countries.

this is obvious traitorism by globalist fuckheimers.

Not really a problem to me.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:59 PM
I'm sure they have some forced labor in China. We have laws, let's enforce them.

Not really a problem to me.

i think a big enforcement mechanism would be not buying the stuff.

and yes, you're one of the traitorous globalist fuckheimers.

Like mike pence, "Thats not [your] concern".

Gunny
09-14-2023, 02:08 PM
tariffs are standard in trade.

the bigger manipulation is calling them communism and forcing americans to compete with overseas slaves.

and it matters when you send all those wages overseas. that's money permanently lost from the economy.

globalism without reciprocal tariffs is a one way money suck from free nations to slave nations.

yes sir. the full truth.

how about all the nations that tariff us?

is it only NOT FREE TRADE when america protects itself?

why are you america last?I have not once called tariffs communist. I've called your proposed use of them communist. There's a difference between the two you apparently either cannot grasp, or assume others cannot.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 02:11 PM
I have not once called tariffs communist. I've called your proposed use of them communist. There's a difference between the two you apparently either cannot grasp, or assume others cannot.

normal usage of them is not communist.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 02:13 PM
do you deny there's slavery in china?There's slavery all over the World. Why focus on just China? I'm all aware China sucks for many reasons but using it as a buzzword for your appeal to emotion and morality is nothing more than what it is.

What's the difference between other countries' form of slavery and your proposed enslavement of American workers? Calling it something different and justifying it with a bunch of gung-ho, Nationalist BS doesn't change the nature of the beast.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 02:34 PM
There's slavery all over the World. Why focus on just China?

right.

I believe in plentiful tariffs to keep americans working and keeping us innovators in all fields, instead of becoming atrophied in certain areas due to comparative advantage retard talk.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 04:04 PM
we are a nation.

we are a people.

we are an identity.

we are a thing.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 04:33 PM
right.

I believe in plentiful tariffs to keep americans working and keeping us innovators in all fields, instead of becoming atrophied in certain areas due to comparative advantage retard talk.

Your belief is based on fallacy. In fact, you desired method (protectionist tariffs) stifle innovation and society as a whole. Checked out that "2nd most powerful military in the World" Russia is sporting?

Let's get real. Americans capable of working that aren't doing so choose not to. Bunch of entitled brats that think they should get paid for their mere existence. You want what you want over everybody else's dead bodies:rolleyes:

AHZ
09-14-2023, 04:40 PM
Your belief is based on fallacy. In fact, you desired method (protectionist tariffs) stifle innovation and society as a whole. Checked out that "2nd most powerful military in the World" Russia is sporting?

Let's get real. Americans capable of working that aren't doing so choose not to. Bunch of entitled brats that think they should get paid for their mere existence. You want what you want over everybody else's dead bodies:rolleyes:

tariffs don;t stifle innovation.

thats just made up bullshit.

overseas slavery is not an innovation. its a very old evil.

Black Diamond
09-14-2023, 04:43 PM
I'm still shaking my head at the thread title.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 04:44 PM

It's sad that you don't understand the paradox. Protectionism is not a policy of innovation.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 04:49 PM

well that's you.

you're closed minded about the intelligence of globalist dogma.

you don't see how it's retarded.

well pull up a chair....

sit a spell.....

it's very dumb and desructive.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 04:49 PM

It's a little humorous that the OP hasn't decided on which side of the issue he wants to be. Mentally incapacitated AND a bout of cognitive dissonance. A sad case really.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 04:57 PM
tariffs don;t stifle innovation.

thats just made up bullshit.

overseas slavery is not an innovation. its a very old evil.Incorrect. Protectionism stifles everything. Innovation, people/society. Logical, proven fact.

Have you ever been overseas? Ever seen what you call "slavery"? Of course not. Just more garbage you spew without a clue.

Having a job in a sweatshop is a Godsend to those people. They get to eat and maybe sleep inside a structured dwelling. They don't know nor care about your spoiled, lazy American ass nor your politics. They fight to get those jobs.

People like you make me sick and always have. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. A LOT of those people sleep outside and don't have food and you want to take it away and supposedly (in your delusional dreamworld) "bring those jobs here" where everybody's too damned good to work them and turn their noses at the very idea.

They don't care about your stupid politics and retarded ideology. They care about eating and getting out of bad weather.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 05:02 PM
It's a little humorous that the OP hasn't decided on which side of the issue he wants to be. Mentally incapacitated AND a bout of cognitive dissonance. A sad case really.

i think its clear which side i'm on. comparative advantage is mostly abused right now to justify slavery and race to the bottom conditions for working folks, a bifurcation of society along evil eugenics precepts.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 05:04 PM
i think its clear which side i'm on. comparative advantage is mostly abused right now to justify slavery and race to the bottom conditions for working folks, a bifurcation of society along evil eugenics precepts.

It's clear you don't understand comparative advantage. Nobody is justifying slavery.

And Gunny just took your position apart.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 05:10 PM
It's clear you don't understand comparative advantage. Nobody is justifying slavery.

And Gunny just took your position apart.

globalist do. and they call it comparative advantage, i.e. "china is better at creating slaves. they should be rewarded. it's evolution".

fj1200
09-14-2023, 05:14 PM
globalist do. and they call it comparative advantage, i.e. "china is better at creating slaves. they should be rewarded. it's evolution".

Incorrect.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 05:22 PM
globalist do. and they call it comparative advantage, i.e. "china is better at creating slaves. they should be rewarded. it's evolution".Get a new argument. You are no better than the corporations, governments and/or politicians that use the plight of less fortunate than you people for your own gain. You're no less using them trying to make a lame as Hell argument to impose your totalitarian political ideology on others.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 05:40 PM
Get a new argument. You are no better than the corporations, governments and/or politicians that use the plight of less fortunate than you people for your own gain. You're no less using them trying to make a lame as Hell argument to impose your totalitarian political ideology on others.

again, tariffs are not totalitarianism.

they never have been.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 06:00 PM
again, tariffs are not totalitarianism.

they never have been.Again, I have never stated they are. I have stated your desired use of them is.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 06:02 PM
Again, I have never stated they are. I have stated your desired use of them is.
my proposed usage is the common usage.

you have this distinction you've created with no actual difference.

please rectify.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 06:06 PM
my proposed usage is the common usage.

you have this distinction you've created with no actual difference.

please rectify.Incorrect.