PDA

View Full Version : Is Anything Still Working Here?

Kathianne
09-14-2023, 11:26 AM
Good article, the title is a riff off of Apollo 13. Republicans should have a chance at working the problem, but will someone get in that wants to? If the winner wins, it's all about revenge:

https://rollcall.com/2023/09/13/voters-ask-is-anything-working-in-america/

Kathianne
09-14-2023, 11:32 AM
and maybe tariffs? :laugh2:

AHZ
09-14-2023, 11:36 AM
Good article, the title is a riff off of Apollo 13. Republicans should have a chance at working the problem, but will someone get in that wants to? If the winner wins, it's all about revenge:

https://rollcall.com/2023/09/13/voters-ask-is-anything-working-in-america/

but no.

it's not extreme to THREATEN to shut it down.

it's called hardball.

the republicans should do more of this.

boomers can go spin.

gaetz, stefanik, these are the new heros.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 11:43 AM
and maybe tariffs? :laugh2:

tariffs is the number one issue!

Kathianne
09-14-2023, 12:17 PM
Revenge is #1.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-trade-war-was-a-loser-employment-manufacturing-international-economy-tariffs-unemployment-9d8a7c7c?st=9z1xix8x81lbler&reflink=mobilewebshare_permalink

AHZ
09-14-2023, 12:32 PM
Revenge is #1.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-trade-war-was-a-loser-employment-manufacturing-international-economy-tariffs-unemployment-9d8a7c7c?st=9z1xix8x81lbler&reflink=mobilewebshare_permalink

we're in a trade war, we're just losing horribly.

the elites are traitorous fascist sellouts.

economists are paid off shills who lie.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Revenge is #1.

Tariffs didn't do as promised? Who'da thunk??? Let the crucifixions begin. \/

the elites are traitorous fascist sellouts.

economists are paid off shills who lie.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:20 PM
Tariffs didn't do as promised? Who'da thunk??? Let the crucifixions begin. \/

they did.

in fact article the other day admitted they did, but that then production shifted to other countries....

that's a call to expand them to other countries, not cancel the ones in place.

doy.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:24 PM
they did.

in fact article the other day admitted they did, but that then production shifted to other countries....

that's a call to expand them to other countries, not cancel the ones in place.

doy.

You need to understand the basics of the benefits of free trade. Just because there may have been production shifting doesn't mean that the negatives of tariffs as laid out in the WSJ piece is in error; jobs were lost and Americans paid more. Your comments do tell of your real intentions. You just use China and slave labor as your boogey man to call for tariffs everywhere.

Tariffs are a loser. Why do you hate Americans?

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:28 PM
You need to understand the basics of the benefits of free trade. Just because there may have been production shifting doesn't mean that the negatives of tariffs as laid out in the WSJ piece is in error; jobs were lost and Americans paid more. Your comments do tell of your real intentions. You just use China and slave labor as your boogey man to call for tariffs everywhere.

Tariffs are a loser. Why do you hate Americans?

there are pros and cons. up to a point the pros may seem worth. but later on the cons come into play.

like no jobs, and dependence on foreign enemies.

tariffs are a winner.

trump won in 2020.

and will win in 2024.

you should join the side of good and abandon evil.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:29 PM
now take the L and sit down.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:29 PM
there are pros and cons. up to a point the pros may seem worth. but later on the cons come into play.

like no jobs, and dependence on foreign enemies.

tariffs are a winner.

trump won in 2020.

and will win in 2024.

you should join the side of good and abandon evil.

Out comes the word salad. Big government/Globalist hacks love you; unwitting accomplice.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:31 PM
now take the L and sit down.

How old were you when your mom stopped dropping you on your head?

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:33 PM
Out comes the word salad. Big government/Globalist hacks love you; unwitting accomplice.

globalists hate me. I show how stupid their ideas are on the regular.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 01:33 PM

https://rollcall.com/2023/09/13/voters-ask-is-anything-working-in-america/Not a lot here to argue with. The only thing standing between the Republican Party and the political thrashing of the Dems is the Republicans and Trump.

fj1200
09-14-2023, 01:35 PM
globalists hate me. I show how stupid their ideas are on the regular.

Limiting global trade; check. Limiting domestic economy; check. Creating inflationary pressures; check. Making more Americans dependent on government; check.

You're a hack.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 01:36 PM
Not a lot here to argue with. The only thing standing between the Republican Party and the political thrashing of the Dems is the Republicans and Trump.

maybe you keep affiliating with the wrong party.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 01:40 PM
maybe you keep affiliating with the wrong party.At this point, I have no party. The whole political shit show sucks.

AHZ
09-14-2023, 02:14 PM
Limiting global trade; check. Limiting domestic economy; check. Creating inflationary pressures; check. Making more Americans dependent on government; check.

You're a hack.

keeping slavery off the internationali market. keeping jobs for americans.

protecting vital industries in case of geopolitical tensions.

check.

I win.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 02:15 PM

check.

I win.AHZ buzzword for the day splattered so far in at least two threads: slavery:rolleyes:

fj1200
09-14-2023, 02:23 PM

check.

I win.

The thing your ignorance is keeping you from understanding is that slavery will still be happening and Americans really won't have their jobs nor the promise of keeping them because your limiting access to new markets and new job opportunities. Globalists love populist hacks like you. You know, if they existed and/or weren't incompetent technocrats. ;)

AHZ
09-14-2023, 04:21 PM
The thing your ignorance is keeping you from understanding is that slavery will still be happening and Americans really won't have their jobs nor the promise of keeping them because your limiting access to new markets and new job opportunities. Globalists love populist hacks like you. You know, if they existed and/or weren't incompetent technocrats. ;)

so globalists may not exist?

really?

:link:

Gunny
09-14-2023, 04:24 PM

Now you've gone and done it :slap:

fj1200
09-14-2023, 04:31 PM
so globalists may not exist?

really?

:link:

Though I can't speak to the imaginary rantings in your head.

Shhh. I was just about to spring my globalists thread on him :slap:

AHZ
09-14-2023, 04:35 PM

yeah. he fucked up.

Gunny
09-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Though I can't speak to the imaginary rantings in your head.

Shhh. I was just about to spring my globalists thread on him :slap:Didn't I already do that? Maybe it was another pages long thread that would explain where everyone stands on an issue:thinking5: