PDA

View Full Version : NightTrain

Kathianne
09-14-2023, 11:11 PM
As some of you know he's had a bit of heart issues in the past, unfortunately the old ticker decided to give him another tough go round. Rick came out on top, thanks to great docs and a 3rd or 4th stent, (he lost count! LOL!)

Go ahead and say, "Hi!" to him and Sharon-needless to say they've had a lot going on, so have been scarce in these parts of late.

My prayers and good thoughts to both!

NightTrain
09-17-2023, 03:45 PM
Yep, had another heart attack while out in the middle of nowhere.

This time it was 50 hours before I was rolling into the operating room to get fixed. They flew a special C-130 from Elmendorf crewed by PJs, and I've never been more impressed. To those that don't know, PJs are kind of the Special Forces of combat medics and are legendary in their own right. They hooked me up to their own EKG on board at 20,000 feet and confirmed that the diagnosis was correct. That plane was really tricked out.

Shar met me at the ER in Anchorage.. I told her we can't go on meeting like this.

Anyway, 4 stents later I'm home and recovering. The project up north in Kaktovik will have to be finished by someone else - going to stick around home until I get a clean bill of health from the docs.

BTW, this no smoking thing is pretty lame. I'm feeling pretty ornery about it and would cheerily murder someone for a smoke.

Kathianne
09-17-2023, 04:24 PM

This time it was 50 hours before I was rolling into the operating room to get fixed. They flew a special C-130 from Elmendorf crewed by PJs, and I've never been more impressed. To those that don't know, PJs are kind of the Special Forces of combat medics and are legendary in their own right. They hooked me up to their own EKG on board at 20,000 feet and confirmed that the diagnosis was correct. That plane was really tricked out.

Shar met me at the ER in Anchorage.. I told her we can't go on meeting like this.

Anyway, 4 stents later I'm home and recovering. The project up north in Kaktovik will have to be finished by someone else - going to stick around home until I get a clean bill of health from the docs.

BTW, this no smoking thing is pretty lame. I'm feeling pretty ornery about it and would cheerily murder someone for a smoke.

Quitting smoking was hardest thing I've done. Going on 2 years now, honestly still want. But I won't.

Think $$
Clothes/hair smell
Eat candy!

I'm still trying to lose the weight.

Mr. P
09-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Great to hear you're OK NT! :2up:

Gunny
09-17-2023, 05:10 PM

BTW, this no smoking thing is pretty lame. I'm feeling pretty ornery about it and would cheerily murder someone for a smoke.Glad to hear you're okay. Jim wasn't around was he?

NightTrain
09-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear you're okay. Jim wasn't around was he?

No, I think he was playing Das Boot with someone else's 4-wheeler on the East Coast.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-17-2023, 07:16 PM
Great to hear you are ok now my friend. May God bless you abundantly.. Robert

Black Diamond
09-17-2023, 07:21 PM

Smoke my cigarette with style.

fj1200
09-18-2023, 10:36 AM

Wow, amazing. You have the best stories. Stay strong.

AHZ
09-18-2023, 10:37 AM
Quitting smoking was hardest thing I've done. Going on 2 years now, honestly still want. But I won't.

Think $$
Clothes/hair smell
Eat candy!

I'm still trying to lose the weight.

have you considered jesus?

Kathianne
09-18-2023, 11:19 AM
I've considered the requests to delete the AHZ post regarding Jesus. I've decided to leave it so everyone gets to enjoy just what a Golden Rule follower AHZ is. What an upstanding Christian. :clap:

NightTrain
09-18-2023, 12:12 PM

I've met Kathi. She's a tiny little thing, smart, witty, quick and a joy to be around. Someone you're genuinely comfortable to sit and talk to and you are left with the pleasant reassuring knowledge that there are good and decent people still in this world. I expected no less after knowing her online for over 20 years and my wife adores her.

Have you considered not being a half-literate douchebag bent on trying to alienate everyone who is unfortunate enough to see your loathesome vomiting in every thread you disgrace?

I have yet to see you post anything that shows one ounce of decency, empathy, cleverness, intelligence or well-reasoned logic, even accidentally, in your inane rants. I don't know what happened to you, but you used to be worthwhile a decade or 2 ago under your old handle.

Do better.

Kathianne
09-18-2023, 12:15 PM
I've met Kathi. She's a tiny little thing, smart, witty, quick and a joy to be around. Someone you're genuinely comfortable to sit and talk to and you are left with the pleasant reassuring knowledge that there are good and decent people still in this world. I expected no less after knowing her online for over 20 years and my wife adores her.

Have you considered not being a half-literate douchebag bent on trying to alienate everyone who is unfortunate enough to see your loathesome vomiting in every thread you disgrace?

I have yet to see you post anything that shows one ounce of decency, empathy, cleverness, intelligence or well-reasoned logic, even accidentally, in your inane rants. I don't know what happened to you, but you used to be worthwhile a decade or 2 ago under your old handle.

Do better.

Mutual admiration society. Thank you!

Gunny
09-18-2023, 12:47 PM

Do better.
Somebody needs a nice soothing ointment for where it hurts:laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-18-2023, 02:38 PM

Have you considered that you sound like a jerk?

Black Diamond
09-18-2023, 02:40 PM
Have you considered that you sound like a jerk?

He embraces it.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2023, 02:46 PM
He embraces it.

He may not have anything else to embrace

hjmick
09-18-2023, 05:11 PM

Sounds like your heart is telling you to knock off the smoking...

The last time I had a cigarette was on 01 January 2022.

One of the things I did to keep me on track was buying a calendar. The month-to-month kind you hang on a wall. I got a black Sharpie and marked each day. It was a goal... a game almost. I have also never told anyone that I "quit," I'm officially "seeing how long I can go without smoking." I understand that many people can have a very hard time quitting, and I don't know if it was my approach or just my chemistry, but I haven't had the urge to spark up since putting them down. Mind you, I still carry a Zippo... if I have to bum a smoke sometime, I don't want to be that guy who also has to bum a light.

I think finally being ready to quit was a big help...

Anywho... good you got through this episode. Take care of that ticker.

Kathianne
09-18-2023, 05:29 PM
Sounds like your heart is telling you to knock off the smoking...

The last time I had a cigarette was on 01 January 2022.

One of the things I did to keep me on track was buying a calendar. The month-to-month kind you hang on a wall. I got a black Sharpie and marked each day. It was a goal... a game almost. I have also never told anyone that I "quit," I'm officially "seeing how long I can go without smoking." I understand that many people can have a very hard time quitting, and I don't know if it was my approach or just my chemistry, but I haven't had the urge to spark up since putting them down. Mind you, I still carry a Zippo... if I have to bum a smoke sometime, I don't want to be that guy who also has to bum a light.

I think finally being ready to quit was a big help...

Anywho... good you got through this episode. Take care of that ticker.

I didn't tell anyone until a year in. Once I stopped, no more. I know myself, obe and I'd be right back to it.

Black Diamond
09-18-2023, 05:32 PM
I didn't tell anyone until a year in. Once I stopped, no more. I know myself, obe and I'd be right back to it.

Good advice.

SassyLady
09-19-2023, 01:48 AM
I think when you have more than one person in a relationship deciding to stop at the same time can be a challenge. Rick and Sharon I commend you both for wanting to do this to get in better health. Your love for each other deserves many more years to exist.