PDA

View Full Version : Dove Bars

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 01:26 PM
This isn't their first foray, I'm going to do my best to avoid Unilever products:

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/09/15/dove-partners-with-blm-activist-who-destroyed-a-white-students-life-as-fat-acceptance-ambassador-n578244

Dove partners with BLM activist who destroyed a white student's life as 'fat acceptance ambassador'KAREN TOWNSEND 1:31 PM on September 15, 2023

The corporate world is tone-deaf. It has never been more obvious than in the last few years.

Dove announced a partnership with Zyahna Bryant, a BLM activist who accused a white student of threatening protesters – then admitted she misheard. The partnership involves making Bryant a ‘fat liberation’ ambassador for the brand. Why does Dove need to get involved in fat liberation? It’s mostly a soap company, right?

Advertisement
If the company wanted to hire a big black woman, weren’t there plenty of others to choose from, rather than to hire one with such an awful history against a white student? If Dove was determined to bend a knee to BML, surely there were other overweight women to hire. Instead, Dove is deliberately wading into a controversy of its own making.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSy1wicW0AAwEt0?format=webp&name=900x900

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 01:36 PM
This isn't their first foray, I'm going to do my best to avoid Unilever products:

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/09/15/dove-partners-with-blm-activist-who-destroyed-a-white-students-life-as-fat-acceptance-ambassador-n578244

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSy1wicW0AAwEt0?format=webp&name=900x900

That's a big list.

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 01:38 PM
Hellmanns = Best Foods on the west side of the country.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 01:38 PM
That's a big list.
Certainly is. Dove will be easy, but the others are like a list of what is in cabinets, pantry, and bathroom cabinets.

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 01:43 PM
I'm wondering if corporate America really is this tone deaf. Or are they just willing to kiss off the money (at least temporarily) because they really believe in this crap

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 01:47 PM
I'm wondering if corporate America really is this tone deaf. Or are they just willing to kiss off the money (at least temporarily) because they really believe in this crap

I think it's much like AB, a young executive from privilege background thought she could get the cool kids and get rid of riff raff she considered Budlight consumers. Well...

My guess is the same sort of coolness going on. Young execs that want to modern up. Too bad there's not some adults also sitting around that will stand up to them...

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 01:49 PM
I think it's much like AB, a young executive from privilege background thought she could get the cool kids and get rid of riff raff she considered Budlight consumers. Well...

My guess is the same sort of coolness going on. Young execs that want to modern up. Too bad there's not some adults also sitting around that will stand up to them...

Yeah the woke crowd is coming of age.....

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 01:52 PM
Yeah the woke crowd is coming of age.....
The AB/Budlight was pretty weird that it happened.

No weirder though than Disney saying they were going to infuse their products with LGQB... up to 1/2 of character appearances in movies. No longer would many just leave their kids with 'just a Disney movie...'

Talk about trashing your own brand!

Black Diamond
09-15-2023, 01:55 PM
The AB/Budlight was pretty weird that it happened.

No weirder though than Disney saying they were going to infuse their products with LGQB... up to 1/2 of character appearances in movies. No longer would many just leave their kids with 'just a Disney movie...'

Talk about trashing your own brand!

Both their stocks have taken huge hits.

Kathianne
09-15-2023, 01:55 PM
Both their stocks have taken huge hits.

Well deserved.

Gunny
09-16-2023, 10:14 AM
That's a big list.Confess. How many things on that list do you use?

Dove, Lipton and Dawn for me. Have to find replacements. I love boycotting assholes :)

Gunny
09-16-2023, 12:53 PM
Dove announced a partnership with Zyahna Bryant, a BLM activist who accused a white student of threatening protesters – then admitted she misheard.

"Misheard" :rolleyes:

I can't imagine how anyone could buy that excuse with a straight face.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2023, 03:36 PM
Oh, my first thought was Dove chocolates, and the fat connection did/didn’t make sense, lol.

SassyLady
09-18-2023, 03:40 PM
Oh, my first thought was Dove chocolates, and the fat connection did/didn’t make sense, lol.

Me too!

I have to give up Vaseline and Lipton.

Black Diamond
09-18-2023, 03:43 PM
Me too!

I have to give up Vaseline and Lipton.

Yeah lipton is really cheap but