PDA

View Full Version : Considering Working On A Campaign

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 11:15 AM
A lot will depend on whether or not I remain in AZ, giving serious thought to moving to Southeast, closer to family and not SO hot. Also the politics here make IL look if not normal, at least understandable.

Just saw this:

https://conservativebrief.com/kari-lake-to-76614/

Kari Lake To Launch Arizona Senate Bid Next Month: ReportPhoto of Martin Walsh Martin WalshSeptember 21, 2023
Getty Images
Arizona Republican Kari Lake will be announcing sometime shortly that she’s running for U.S. Senate.

Lake, a staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump, has been hinting at a run for months. She’s been active in national politics since her loss in the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial race, and she’s headlining events in Iowa and Michigan this week.

“Her interest has largely frozen the GOP field for the seat, which is currently held by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.). Blake Masters, the state’s 2022 Senate nominee, appears to be lingering on the sidelines after preparing to enter the race in September,” Politico reported.

“There is no specific date set for Lake’s launch but it will almost certainly come in October, according to a person familiar with her plans who was granted anonymity to speak candidly. The Arizona race is a crucial swing state that could determine control of the Senate. Sinema’s switch to become an independent last year roiled the race for her seat. She has not said whether or not she will seek reelection and Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego already launched a Senate campaign,” the outlet added.

While speaking in July at The Family Leadership Summit, a Christian conference held in Iowa, Lake said she believes she is the only candidate who could win next year’s Arizona Senate race as she contemplates whether she will toss her hat in the ring.

Lake said she will decide whether she will run for Arizona Independent Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s seat in the next few months, potentially deciding in the fall, The Hill reported.

“I’ve looked at the polling, to be honest, and I believe I’m the only one who can win that race,” Lake said. “We have an opportunity to pick up a very important seat so that when President Trump gets back into office, he can have people in D.C. ready to back him up with this incredible agenda.”

Should Lake decide on a Senate run, however, she already appears to have an advantage. Last month, one survey had Lake ahead of all other possible candidates in a hypothetical 2024 GOP Senate primary by 28 points, as reported by Just the News.

A recent poll conducted by JL Partners from April 10-12 showed that despite not announcing her plans to run for Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (I-Ariz.) seat, 38% of registered Arizona Republicans and undeclared voters would vote for Kari Lake.

Karrin Taylor Robson, who lost the GOP gubernatorial primary to Lake last year, came in second place with 10% support.

“Following Robson, Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb has 8%, 2022 Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters has 7%, and 2022 Arizona Attorney General candidate Abraham Hamadeh has 4%,” the outlet reported. “No Arizona Republicans have entered the 2024 Senate primary, but Lake, Masters, and Hamadeh were all endorsed by former President Donald Trump last year in their respective primaries.”

The same survey found that in a hypothetical contest for the GOP presidential nomination next year, Trump is preferred over Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) by 23 points, with 47% supporting Trump and 24% supporting DeSantis, while 11% of voters were undecided.

Among the remaining declared and potential candidates, including former Vice President Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R-VA), former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), former Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, and entrepreneur Vivek Ramayana all received single-digit support.

Last month, Lake teased what’s in store for her shortly in a series of social media posts and interviews as speculation increases that she is eying a U.S. Senate run next year.

In a tweet in June, Lake wrote, “Are you ready for the next chapter?” — in a post that included a photo of her silhouetted on a stage with a state flag as her backdrop.

In my opinion, she is as nutty as the nuttiest women in GOP. I figure it's time to just stop commenting/making fun of and work to defeat. Unlikely in OZ I know, but can't just complain and not try.

So, if Lake is running, I'll work for Sinema, an 'I' now. I'd still do so if she hadn't dropped D, I honestly feel that the easy way of party choice has gone the way of the dodo if one cares about the long term health of country.

Black Diamond
09-22-2023, 11:18 AM
A lot will depend on whether or not I remain in AZ, giving serious thought to moving to Southeast, closer to family and not SO hot. Also the politics here make IL look if not normal, at least understandable.

Just saw this:

In my opinion, she is as nutty as the nuttiest women in GOP. I figure it's time to just stop commenting/making fun of and work to defeat. Unlikely in OZ I know, but can't just complain and not try.

So, if Lake is running, I'll work for Sinema, an 'I' now. I'd still do so if she hadn't dropped D, I honestly feel that the easy way of party choice has gone the way of the dodo if one cares about the long term health of country.

Make sure you visit the southeast in the summer if you haven't already. Many are unprepared for that level of humidity.

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 11:25 AM
Make sure you visit the southeast in the summer if you haven't already. Many are unprepared for that level of humidity.

Thanks, I have. My folks lived in FL for a few years before my mom became too ill for just her and my dad alone. Spent quite a bit of time down there, my family of geniuses! Me and kids in FL in June/July. My folks up north for holidays from Nov-Jan. Brilliant! :laugh2:

Gunny
09-22-2023, 12:06 PM

Just saw this:

I don't agree with Sinema on all fronts, but I do like her. Not real big on the company she kept that put her in office.

STILL haven't figured out the appeal to Lake.

I'm too busy to mount a campaign against Chip Roy. Have to see who if anyone Republican challenges for his seat. The Dem will be a dodo bird. No doubt Cuellar will have to do battle with the fruit loop buddy of AOC again.

I still haven't given up on going back to Crete :)

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 12:08 PM
I don't agree with Sinema on all fronts, but I do like her. Not real big on the company she kept that put her in office.

STILL haven't figured out the appeal to Lake.

I'm too busy to mount a campaign against Chip Roy. Have to see who if anyone Republican challenges for his seat. The Dem will be a dodo bird. No doubt Cuellar will have to do battle with the fruit loop buddy of AOC again.

I still haven't given up on going back to Crete :)

I do not agree with Sinema on all fronts, far from it. Just a lot more trust of what she'll do than nutty Kari.

Gunny
09-22-2023, 12:10 PM
I do not agree with Sinema on all fronts, far from it. Just a lot more trust of what she'll do than nutty Kari.We're good. When I first started reading I was afraid you were going to the Dark Side :laugh:

AHZ
09-22-2023, 01:06 PM

Just saw this:

yes. we know.

you're on the wrong side of everything.

NightTrain
09-22-2023, 01:11 PM
yes. we know.

Take 24, buddy o' pal o' mine.

You'll feel more clear about things tomorrow after a good nights' rest.

Black Diamond
09-22-2023, 01:12 PM

:laugh:

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 01:28 PM
yes. we know.

Morgan Freeman once said:

"Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society"

I agree with that.

BTW, I do disagree that I'm on the wrong side of everything. You might take a look in a mirror on that one.

Gunny
09-22-2023, 01:32 PM
Morgan Freeman once said:

I agree with that.

BTW, I do disagree that I'm on the wrong side of everything. You might take a look in a mirror on that one.Kind that you would still waste your time on someone that insults you at every turn.

I feel like Nighttrain stole my toy. I wasn't going to be so kind.

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 01:38 PM
Kind that you would still waste your time on someone that insults you at every turn.

I feel like Nighttrain stole my toy. I wasn't going to be so kind.
He's giving me practice towards my zen zone. I'll admit to losing that from time-to-time. ;)

hjmick
09-22-2023, 02:15 PM

Given his track record thus far, this seem highly unlikely...

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 02:16 PM

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BB18CP/funny-goldhamster-hamster-wheel-speed-high-play-playground-rotate-BB18CP.jpg

NightTrain
09-22-2023, 02:17 PM

Someone's got to save this sinner.

hjmick
09-22-2023, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I have. My folks lived in FL for a few years before my mom became too ill for just her and my dad alone. Spent quite a bit of time down there, my family of geniuses! Me and kids in FL in June/July. My folks up north for holidays from Nov-Jan. Brilliant! :laugh2:

Will we be seeing in you in South Carolina?

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 02:18 PM
Will we be seeing in you in South Carolina?

Probably too pricey for me. Thinking Kentucky or Tennessee.

Black Diamond
09-22-2023, 02:41 PM

Dollywood

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 02:42 PM
Dollywood
Only if I can read to kids aloud!

SassyLady
09-22-2023, 05:52 PM
I would work on Lake's campaign. I'd rather have her as the governor and keep Sinema as Senator though.

icansayit
09-22-2023, 06:59 PM
https://tennesseeconservativenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/The-U.S.-Right-Now.jpg

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 07:20 PM
https://tennesseeconservativenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/The-U.S.-Right-Now.jpg

Obama led to Trump led to Biden.

US voted for clown after clown. Now we are the Barney of the world. Just wait for challenges after if either we repeat a Trump or Biden.

icansayit
09-22-2023, 08:04 PM
Obama led to Trump led to Biden.

US voted for clown after clown. Now we are the Barney of the world. Just wait for challenges after if either we repeat a Trump or Biden.

Tell me which clown you will campaign for Kathianne? Thank GOODNESS Barney never had a bullet.

Black Diamond
09-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Tell me which clown you will campaign for Kathianne? Thank GOODNESS Barney never had a bullet.

Was in his pocket I thought.

icansayit
09-22-2023, 08:09 PM
Was in his pocket I thought.

Been a long time since I saw him. Thanks. Now I remember when he used it...in a barn.:laugh:

Black Diamond
09-22-2023, 08:10 PM
Been a long time since I saw him. Thanks. Now I remember when he used it...in a barn.:laugh:

I remember him always asking "Should I put my bullet in Andy?" :cool:

Kathianne
09-22-2023, 08:52 PM

Well this Barney has nukes.

fj1200
09-26-2023, 11:35 AM

Echo BD; it's not the heat, it's the humidity. But it's standable, I'd rather have that than cold.

I was just in some KY and TN mountain towns and many are quite pleasant just depends on how big a city you want, or don't want. BTW it seems most of my New England, conservative, possibly a bit out there, cousins and uncles/aunts have moved down to TN.

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 11:57 AM
Echo BD; it's not the heat, it's the humidity. But it's standable, I'd rather have that than cold.

I was just in some KY and TN mountain towns and many are quite pleasant just depends on how big a city you want, or don't want. BTW it seems most of my New England, conservative, possibly a bit out there, cousins and uncles/aunts have moved down to TN.

I like the mountains and change of seasons. I'm goldilocks on weather, so this seems compromise. I'd like to be 49 minutes or so from sizeable city.

fj1200
09-26-2023, 12:49 PM
I like the mountains and change of seasons. I'm goldilocks on weather, so this seems compromise. I'd like to be 49 minutes or so from sizeable city.

It's so pretty up there but those towns have so much variation in size, amenities, ease of getting to, etc. Would probably take a sightseeing trip to get an idea.

Gunny
09-26-2023, 03:48 PM
It's so pretty up there but those towns have so much variation in size, amenities, ease of getting to, etc. Would probably take a sightseeing trip to get an idea.
Definitely pretty. My family's from outside Huntsville toward Scottsboro on 72. I loved going out there during the summer. Used to be one of those idyllic Southern settings you hear about in country songs :)

AHZ
09-26-2023, 04:40 PM
Definitely pretty. My family's from outside Huntsville toward Scottsboro on 72. I loved going out there during the summer. Used to be one of those idyllic Southern settings you hear about in country songs :)

and then you impregnated your cousin.....:salute:

NightTrain
09-26-2023, 04:56 PM
and then you impregnated your cousin.....:salute:

Farewell and God bless.

:bye1:

SassyLady
09-26-2023, 10:29 PM
I used to fly into TriCities every month for business and stay a week. Loved that area.

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 10:36 PM
Well now that we've gotten a bit settled down, returning to the OP. SassyLady knows AZ much better than I do, including what Republicans are like here. I can't say that I've spoken politics outside of SL and my roommate for the most part since living here. I get my fix with friends and family back home or scattered there abouts. LOL!

This makes sense to me, a long shot to be sure. OTOH, I don't know how many independents will go Trump, thus Lake; how many Republicans can weigh the few things that do matter which they agree with Sinema and just can't bring themselves to go with Lake? I don't see a very liberal Democrat doing well here, but then again, Biden.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/09/25/sen-kyrsten-sinema-expect-to-win-reelection-memo/70963147007/

New memo details how Sen. Kyrsten Sinema expects to win reelection in 2024Ronald J. Hansen
Arizona Republic

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is pitching her still-undeclared campaign to prospective donors as built on overwhelmingly winning independent voters and siphoning more support from Republicans than Democrats.

Her plan is outlined in two paragraphs of a two-page document obtained by NBC News and relies on framing the nominees of both major parties as “extremists, as expected.”

Sinema’s memo to potential supporters includes a pie chart suggesting she could claim 60% to 70% of Arizona’s independent voters. Her campaign sees her taking 10% to 20% of Democratic voters and 25% to 35% of Republicans.

“Kyrsten Sinema has proven she knows how to win in Arizona. As an Independent she appeals to voters who refuse to identify with either political party or dislike candidates nominated in partisan primaries who cater to the political fringes,” the memo said.

It comes as former Republican gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake, who is a lightning rod for partisan-charged controversy, is widely expected to enter the race, perhaps within weeks, and as Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., faces no prominent challengers for Democrats.

Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb, a Republican, has been in the race since April, though he is considered unlikely to defeat the nationally watched Lake in a GOP primary.

A Sinema spokesperson declined to comment on the matter Monday.

Rick Gorka, a spokesman for Lamb’s campaign, ridiculed the Sinema memo while tying it to Democratic President Joe Biden.

“Krysten Sinema’s plan has more holes in it than Joe Biden’s border,” he said.

Hannah Goss, a spokesperson for Gallego’s campaign, largely ignored the memo and pointed to polling showing Gallego as the favorite at the moment.

“Only one person is traveling the state and talking directly to Arizonans about creating good paying jobs, cutting the cost of prescription drugs, and taking care of our veterans, and that’s Ruben Gallego,” she said. “He’s laser-focused on fighting for everyday Arizonans — and that’s why he's going to win this race, just as the data suggests.”

Since Sinema, I-Ariz., left the Democratic Party in December, she consistently has deflected talk of her political plans, but her quarterly campaign finance reports make clear she has been quietly running for a second term for months.

In that time, her fundraising, which has usually been among the best in the Senate, has fallen behind Gallego’s.

He topped her in campaign cash in each of the first two quarters reported so far, though she maintains a cash advantage based on previous fundraising.

The Sinema memo surfaces as the third quarter of the fundraising calendar ends this week.

Independent voters make up the largest single group of registered voters in Arizona, about 35% as of July, according to the Secretary of State. About 34% are Republicans and 30% are Democrats.

Among those who vote in general elections, independents are typically the smallest segment. Election analysts infer from Arizona’s results, major-party turnout and polling that many independent voters have supported their major-party options.

Sinema’s expected candidacy represents a potentially rare, third-party option for Arizonans.

SassyLady
09-26-2023, 11:00 PM
Well now that we've gotten a bit settled down, returning to the OP. SassyLady knows AZ much better than I do, including what Republicans are like here. I can't say that I've spoken politics outside of SL and my roommate for the most part since living here. I get my fix with friends and family back home or scattered there abouts. LOL!

This makes sense to me, a long shot to be sure. OTOH, I don't know how many independents will go Trump, thus Lake; how many Republicans can weigh the few things that do matter which they agree with Sinema and just can't bring themselves to go with Lake? I don't see a very liberal Democrat doing well here, but then again, Biden.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/09/25/sen-kyrsten-sinema-expect-to-win-reelection-memo/70963147007/

Republicans here felt Sinema and Hobbs were installed in 2018 after the counting was held open for couple of weeks due to ballot harvesting. Martha McSally had already gone to DC to go through orientation. McSally conceded on 11/12 .... everyone was suspicious because the democrats kept finding more and more ballots that all seemed to have been for Sinema.

I felt she was a little flamboyant but for the most part had a brain and didn't vote strictly party lines.

This thing with Sinema was my first taste of something is wrong with the system. It's just gotten more and more flagrant every election. Maricopa County is crooked as hell (both parties) and can cancel out the rest of the state due to the numbers. So ... for the most part Arizona is red state except for Phoenix and Tucson ... and both cities are run by democrats.

I questioned all the extra blank ballots we had at our voting place in 2022. We had less than 400 people vote but had a couple of thousand blank ballots in the supply box. Supposedly they were picked up the following day by election officials.

I am signed up to work the next 3 elections here in Arizona.

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 11:14 PM
Republicans here felt Sinema and Hobbs were installed in 2018 after the counting was held open for couple of weeks due to ballot harvesting. Martha McSally had already gone to DC to go through orientation. McSally conceded on 11/12 .... everyone was suspicious because the democrats kept finding more and more ballots that all seemed to have been for Sinema.

I felt she was a little flamboyant but for the most part had a brain and didn't vote strictly party lines.

This thing with Sinema was my first taste of something is wrong with the system. It's just gotten more and more flagrant every election. Maricopa County is crooked as hell (both parties) and can cancel out the rest of the state due to the numbers. So ... for the most part Arizona is red state except for Phoenix and Tucson ... and both cities are run by democrats.

I questioned all the extra blank ballots we had at our voting place in 2022. We had less than 400 people vote but had a couple of thousand blank ballots in the supply box. Supposedly they were picked up the following day by election officials.

I am signed up to work the next 3 elections here in Arizona.

Are you aware if there are any association(s) that are non-partisan working on election reform in AZ? I really don't want to get involved in partisan stuff, especially anything having to do with past elections. Just reforms going forward?

SassyLady
09-26-2023, 11:28 PM
Are you aware if there are any association(s) that are non-partisan working on election reform in AZ? I really don't want to get involved in partisan stuff, especially anything having to do with past elections. Just reforms going forward?

I haven't been as involved since my surgery. Too many meetings and very partisan. The group I was involved with are more focused on local elections for now.

I supported Rachel Jones, Corey McGarr and Justine Wadsack.

They are Republicans that were shunned by the GOP because they didn't follow the party line. All 3 were elected. They hate politics but felt they had to step up and do something.

All were against the shutdowns and mandates.

We are in a fight with corruption down to the local level within the parties. Which makes it hard to go against the entire state machine. I had no idea the corruption starts at the bottom and just builds. That's why it we don't get a handle on local we can't change the state or federal levels. The people are entrenched.

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 11:34 PM
I haven't been as involved since my surgery. Too many meetings and very partisan. The group I was involved with are more focused on local elections for now.

I supported Rachel Jones, Corey McGarr and Justine Wadsack.

They are Republicans that were shunned by the GOP because they didn't follow the party line. All 3 were elected. They hate politics but felt they had to step up and do something.

All were against the shutdowns and mandates.

We are in a fight with corruption down to the local level within the parties. Which makes it hard to go against the entire state machine. I had no idea the corruption starts at the bottom and just builds. That's why it we don't get a handle on local we can't change the state or federal levels. The people are entrenched.

Totally correct with that-any reforms are 100% dependent on local. In IL that would be precinct to county. Then it's county to state.

AZ has a problem as you alluded to that there are only 2 really metropolitan areas, not all that far apart. Everything else is quasi suburban like where I am or rural. It's hard to get much going when there are so few people, and out of that finding folks concerned enough to do something.

Like I said, I'm not interested in getting into partisan politics, but I would be interested in any reform efforts. I'll try to look into it later. Thanks.