PDA

View Full Version : If Joe Were Republican They'd Impeach Him For Racism

Kathianne
09-24-2023, 10:44 AM
Well he wouldn't have been elected. Amazing what the famous will brush off if it comes from the left, in spite of repetition that shows it's ingrained, not accidental:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12554481/Joe-Biden-LL-Cool-J-speech.html

Not again, Joe! Biden butchers LL Cool J's name before referring to rapper as 'boy' in train-wreck speech to Congressional Black Caucus in DC - raising further questions about the 80-year-old president's age and healthBiden, 80, referred to rapper LL Cool J as a 'boy' after mispronouncing his name at the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday night
Referring to African Americans as 'boy' is widely considered a derogatory term for black men
Biden has previously found himself in hot water for using the term and this incident comes hot on the heels of a long line of recent speech slip-ups

President Joe Biden referred to legendary rapper LL Cool J as a 'boy' after mispronouncing his name at the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday night in yet another butchered speech.

LL Cool J and MC Lyte received Phoenix Awards for their musical contributions at the annual ceremony in Washington DC.

While on stage, Biden, 80, said: 'Two of the great artists of our time representing ground-breaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL Jay Cool J, uhhh...' - as the audience laughed at his latest gaffe over the rapper's name.

Biden then added: 'By the way that boy - that man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.'

The footage of his speech was quickly re-posted by right-wing RNC Research on social media where commentators swiftly pointed out that referring to African Americans as 'boy' is widely considered a derogative term.

Biden was heavily criticized earlier this year when referring to Maryland's first black governor Wes Moore as a 'boy'.

'You got a hell of a new governor in Wes Moore, I tell ya,' Biden told members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers in February.

'He's the real deal, and the boy looked like he could still play. He's got some guns on him,' he added.

In May he also raised eyebrows after telling a White House attendee to 'hush up, boy' during an event celebrating Islamic holiday Eid-al-Fitr.

The awkward exchange came as the audience member, who is believed to be a Muslim man, interrupted the president as he marked the occasion before a packed crowd.

'You want to come and make a speech?' Biden responded after he was heckled.

'Hush up, boy, as my mother would say' he continued in a mimicked Southern drawl.

In 2019, Biden made a similar slip-up when he told a crowd on the campaign trail that he could work with all people - even those who he did not agree with.

He told how he worked with James Eastland, a Mississippi senator and plantation owner, who was an open white supremacist. Eastland resigned as a senator in 1978 and died in 1986, aged 81.

Biden said that Eastland respected him, declaring: 'He never called me 'boy,' he always called me 'son.''

Senator Cory Booker, who is black, rebuked Biden for downplaying the use of the word 'boy' to diminish black men.

Booker, on CNN, said it was inappropriate. 'You don't joke about calling black men "boys",' he said.

He later added that he'd had a constructive conversation with Biden about his use of the term, adding: 'This is about him invoking a terrible power dynamic that he showed a lack of understanding or insensitivity to by invoking this idea that he was called ‘son’ by white segregationists who, yeah, they see in him their son.'

Gunny
09-24-2023, 10:57 AM
Well he wouldn't have been elected. Amazing what the famous will brush off if it comes from the left, in spite of repetition that shows it's ingrained, not accidental:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12554481/Joe-Biden-LL-Cool-J-speech.htmlThing is, I don't see what Biden said as racist. That's just the usual overly-sensitive crowd looking to be offended.

If Biden was a Republican the Dems would have made the Republicans get rid of him themselves like they always do:rolleyes:

Kathianne
09-24-2023, 11:15 AM
Thing is, I don't see what Biden said as racist. That's just the usual overly-sensitive crowd looking to be offended.

If Biden was a Republican the Dems would have made the Republicans get rid of him themselves like they always do:rolleyes:

IMO, the Republicans would be better off pointing out the 'racism' of Biden and Dems in general than going gaga over someone like Trump. The Republicans have a good record they let the Dems spin into something else. They should claim reality back.

Gunny
09-24-2023, 11:59 AM
IMO, the Republicans would be better off pointing out the 'racism' of Biden and Dems in general than going gaga over someone like Trump. The Republicans have a good record they let the Dems spin into something else. They should claim reality back.Well, at least I'm not crazy and the only person that has noticed (unless you're crazy too:laugh:)

The problem begins, and I will paraphrase my nastygram to the "Honorable" Mr. Roy: Nice of y'all to have your own private little civil war when the American people need you the most. So focused on your own agenda you've apparently forgotten your decisions affect us all. I voted for you to push for changes, not bring even negotiating to a standstill. Don't count on my vote next time around.

They should be trying to make stuff happen as a party that represents the people. THAT would do as much for PR as anything. As you stated, the party itself should be out there selling itself, what it stands, for what it has accomplished and what it hopes to. The Dems are going to smear them no matter what so I'm not sure at which point they should be over that fear, but it was long ago.

They have the best opportunity since 1980 to take it all and what are they squandering it for? Obstruction over minimal gain. When if they were to get complete control, they could make the wholesale changes they've currently got floundering on the cutting room floor due to lack of vision.