PDA

View Full Version : *Truth Is Gore Is A Liar*

chesswarsnow
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Gore winning *The Nobel Peace Prize* is rediculious at best folks.
2. Most of the Movie he was in was based on out right lies.
3. 1/2 a degree in tempeture change isn't *Global Warming*.
4. We don't even measure in half degrees.
5. We measure in whole degrees.
6. Can you hear the weather reporter, reporting the weather, "Folks we hit a new high this afternoon, for this date, it was 102.5 degrees."
7. Its a wonder so many people have fallen for this whole trumped up lie.
8. I guess thats why so many people fall for those scams in Africa, where you can make a claim on some untold millions of dollars that were left to anyone with your same last name, just send them 2k and they will promptly send you the millions.
9. Read this little tidbit:

"The IPCC, established in 1988, is tasked with providing policymakers with neutral summaries of the latest expertise on climate change. "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I heard he only got a "piece" of the prize. He shared it, LOL, can't even get a full prize for peace, can only get a "piece."

:alcoholic:

April15
10-13-2007, 06:53 PM
To share in a noble prize is common. Has Bush even been nominated? The IPCC backs the claims made in the documentary. The claim that Gore said polar bears are dead for lack of ice floes is a postulate that is true. But not in the same sense of Bush saying the US doesn't torture. One is past tense and the other is future tense.

stephanie
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Aaaa yes....Must turn criticism away from the Bore...by changing the subject....:laugh2:

April15
10-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Aaaa yes....Must turn criticism away from the Bore...by changing the subject....:laugh2:So asking if Bush has even been nominated is changing subject when the previous comment was he only shared in the prize.

Yurt
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
April15;138794]To share in a noble prize is common.

Ok? Still does negate that gorebore couldn't get his piece.

Has Bush even been nominated?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. By one of the most liberal orgs in the world, get real. Some 88 year old british woman just received the litature nobel and she told the reporters she could give eff all. I agree. The prize if political and a virtual sham.

The IPCC backs the claims made in the documentary. The claim that Gore said polar bears are dead for lack of ice floes is a postulate that is true. But not in the same sense of Bush saying the US doesn't torture. One is past tense and the other is future tense.

Stick to numbers Mr. April. A postulate is an assumption. Thus, not a truth.

You last two sentences are rubbish. A past tense "truth" is somehow comparable to a future "truth?" It is not truth, unless spoken by God. A future truth does not exist. It is an "assumption." Then again, you don't have a great understanding of assumptions.....

April15
10-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok? Still does negate that gorebore couldn't get his piece.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. By one of the most liberal orgs in the world, get real. Some 88 year old british woman just received the litature nobel and she told the reporters she could give eff all. I agree. The prize if political and a virtual sham.

Stick to numbers Mr. April. A postulate is an assumption. Thus, not a truth.

You last two sentences are rubbish. A past tense "truth" is somehow comparable to a future "truth?" It is not truth, unless spoken by God. A future truth does not exist. It is an "assumption." Then again, you don't have a great understanding of assumptions.....

No god so end of discussion.

82Marine89
10-13-2007, 07:07 PM
To share in a noble prize is common. Has Bush even been nominated?

Nice retort. You might as well have said, "I know you are, but what am I."

The IPCC backs the claims made in the documentary. The claim that Gore said polar bears are dead for lack of ice floes is a postulate that is true. But not in the same sense of Bush saying the US doesn't torture. One is past tense and the other is future tense.

The polar bears are dead because Bush sent U.S. Submarines to the arctic in order to target the ice flows so Cheney wouldn't have to go hunting and he could just have the Alaska Department of Fish and Game collect the carcasses for him. Thus preventing another embarrassing situation with Cheney's inability to point a shotgun. Jeez, get your facts straight.

Yurt
10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
No god so end of discussion.

You are ignorant aren't you?

Take "god" out of what I said and try to answer it.

Yurt
10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice retort. You might as well have said, "I know you are, but what am I."

The polar bears are dead because Bush sent U.S. Submarines to the arctic in order to target the ice flows so Cheney wouldn't have to go hunting and he could just have the Alaska Department of Fish and Game collect the carcasses for him. Thus preventing another embarrassing situation with Cheney's inability to point a shotgun. Jeez, get your facts straight.

Oh, I thought it was all hillary's dry cleaning.....

mrg666
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
i think that it does'nt matter what or who you are
global warming certainly wont discriminate lib , dem , cons , african , egyptian etc etc when the shit hits we will all be sorry maybe it will be when our gran or great grankids are about ?
as ive said before it wont be a good legacy to leave them
too much gets mixed up in political mish mash *
a quote i read today referanced the industrial revolution i believe strongly that that was the start of it and we've added and added to it.

china is currently making up for the last 200 years.

so i reckon that all debates regarding gw should be completely politicaly free ( unless presuure is put on world governments to reduce emmisions )
a recent study claimed that my local airport (east mid ) emmits more emmisions than a 3rd world country that airport is a 12th the size of jfk

chesswarsnow
10-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But really folks, show me actual proof that *Global Warming* is for real.
2. Already scientists are saying there are near a dozen actual un~truths, in his Movie.
3. I have never seen it, but I have heard it is more or less a political stump.
4. He used this with Clinton to get on his ticket to be Vice~President.
5. He has been running around for decades saying this same old tired story, about how the world is getting hotter, and we are behind it.
6. Its becoming self evident that he really thinks that this is happening and he is the father of discovery, and blowing the whistle on this ever sense he came into politics.
7. But really is *Global Warming* real???
8. Is an average 1/2 degree in reality, really *Global Warming*?????
9. When was it that you walked outside, and said to yourself, "Damn its a half degree hotter this summer on average of all the summer days we had this summer????
10. Like I said, this whole, *Global Warming* is purely political, and Al Gore has been using it to ride the coat tails of a Presidency, and now captured acclaim in a B rated Movies, full of lies and misguided so called truths.
11. Now he has duped *The Nobel* Foundation, into awarding him with this *Prize*, in-which he in now way deserves, not one bit.
12. If you really believe in *Global Warming*, and that a half degree higher in average temperatures is*Global Warming*, you are a total idiot, I spare you not, you are less than and average moron.
13. Sorry bout that, but that is the truth, you are duller than dish water, and dumber than dirt.
14. Read this:

" He brushed off Friday's announcement as "a political gimmick", saying: "The amount of nonsense in Al Gore's film! It's all politics, it's designed to intervene in American politics. It's scandalous. There's a presidential election upcoming in the United States, and it's well known that Gore wants to run."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22579885-663,00.html

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Guernicaa
10-13-2007, 09:38 PM
This is an issue that I've come to really just flat out not care about.

I don't know much about it (specifics), and frankly I don't care to know anything about it.

If it becomes what’s predicted of it in the future (bad things), then I'll start paying attention to it.

But if I were a staunch conservative dismissing Gore 100% I would definitely choose my words carefully. Whether or not you want to "believe it", that man would never make a movie for the entire country to see in which he “lies”.

There are a lot of "scientists" in the world. The good thing about science is that there are varying opinions depending on what topic you’re discussing. Therefore, choosing to listen only to the scientists who say "he’s lying" is immature, partisan, and flat out stupid. The same goes with people who choose only to listen to scientists who say its going to cause terrible things.

chesswarsnow
10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Al Gore, *The Ex~Vice President*, has always sounded like the, *Prophet of Doom*.
2. He has been going on about this for decades.
3. He has to be a total loony bird.
4. Anyone who makes claims that an average temperature rise of 1/2 degree is, *Global Warming*, has to be freakin insane.
5. End of story.
6. If you believe his crap, you are insane as well.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Guernicaa
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
*Prophet of Doom*.
Omfg lmao!!!

I would look at the majority your own party before you start trying to frame that on Gore. The "prophet of doom" almost always comes from conservative Christians in the form of apocolyptic revelations that Jesus is coming anyday now.

mrg666
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/environmentandgreenerliving/actonco2/DG_067197?cids=Google_PPC&cre=CO2Cal

its not an exact science but im not repeating over n over
do the rsearch cut the bs

bullypulpit
10-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Gore winning *The Nobel Peace Prize* is rediculious at best folks.
2. Most of the Movie he was in was based on out right lies.
3. 1/2 a degree in tempeture change isn't *Global Warming*.
4. We don't even measure in half degrees.
5. We measure in whole degrees.
6. Can you hear the weather reporter, reporting the weather, "Folks we hit a new high this afternoon, for this date, it was 102.5 degrees."
7. Its a wonder so many people have fallen for this whole trumped up lie.
8. I guess thats why so many people fall for those scams in Africa, where you can make a claim on some untold millions of dollars that were left to anyone with your same last name, just send them 2k and they will promptly send you the millions.
9. Read this little tidbit:

"The IPCC, established in 1988, is tasked with providing policymakers with neutral summaries of the latest expertise on climate change. "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Any links to support you assertions? Didn't think so. Dismissed.

bullypulpit
10-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Omfg lmao!!!

I would look at the majority your own party before you start trying to frame that on Gore. The "prophet of doom" almost always comes from conservative Christians in the form of apocolyptic revelations that Jesus is coming anyday now.

Chachiiing! :clap::clap::clap:

10-14-2007, 04:41 AM
This is an issue that I've come to really just flat out not care about.

I don't know much about it (specifics), and frankly I don't care to know anything about it.

If it becomes what’s predicted of it in the future (bad things), then I'll start paying attention to it.

But if I were a staunch conservative dismissing Gore 100% I would definitely choose my words carefully. Whether or not you want to "believe it", that man would never make a movie for the entire country to see in which he “lies”.

There are a lot of "scientists" in the world. The good thing about science is that there are varying opinions depending on what topic you’re discussing. Therefore, choosing to listen only to the scientists who say "he’s lying" is immature, partisan, and flat out stupid. The same goes with people who choose only to listen to scientists who say its going to cause terrible things.

the man is a politician. why do you assume that prevents him from presenting a movie that lies? especially when a British court has already found that Al Gore has lied about a number of things in the movie.

PostmodernProphet
10-14-2007, 06:10 AM
that man would never make a movie for the entire country to see in which he “lies”

are you joking?....of course he would....he's a Democrat!......

red states rule
10-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Gore Deserves Nobel Prize for Propaganda, Warming Skeptics Say
By Randy Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
October 12, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Critics of Al Gore believe that the former vice president should not receive a Nobel Prize for his efforts regarding global warming - including his film "An Inconvenient Truth" - but should perhaps get an award for his efforts as a climate change propagandist.

"The real 'inconvenient truth' is that Gore seems to have intentionally omitted it from his movie," Steve Milloy, publisher of JunkScience.com, charged in a news release on Thursday. Instead, the film presented "false facts" and major inaccuracies that fit the Democrat's personal agenda, he said.

Milloy pointed to a ruling last week in a British court that "An Inconvenient Truth" contains at least nine material falsehoods and can be shown to students only if it is identified as containing "partisan political views" that promote only one side of the global warming argument.

"It is plainly, as witnessed by the fact that it received an Oscar this year for best documentary film, a powerful, dramatically presented and highly professionally produced film," Judge Michael Burton said in his ruling.

However, "it is now common ground that it is not simply a science film - although it is clear that it is based substantially on scientific research and opinion - but that it is a political film," the judge added.

Then on Thursday, the BBC aired a report claiming that Gore knew his "alarmist" movie presented "false facts," because he feared any uncertainty in his film would only fuel opponents of global warming regulation.

"If this is true," said Milloy, "then Al Gore should win the Nobel prize for propaganda."

"The BBC report and the judge's ruling came as no surprise," he said. "Our YouTube video 'debate', entitled "Al Gore Debates Global Warming," between Gore and expert climatologists spotlights the false assertion by Gore that carbon dioxide drives global temperature."

Timothy Ball, a retired climatologist who leads the National Resources Stewardship Project, told Cybercast News Service he agrees that "An Inconvenient Truth" is a "wonderful piece of propaganda, but that's all it is."

Calling the film's scientific errors "huge," Ball said that the movie "would fail as a grade 10 science project," because it depends on "visual imagery and gimmickry" to make its point.

Ball also said it's a "travesty" that Gore is being considered for such a prize since "you can spin the lies but you can't spin the truth. I hope that one day soon, we'll be able to have a calm and rational debate about climate change."

The fact that the former vice president has refused to debate skeptics of manmade global warming was also on the mind of Patrick Michaels, a senior fellow with the libertarian Cato Institute, who issued a statement that called Gore's candidacy for the Nobel Peace Price "a tribute to persistence."

"For 20 years, he has not changed his story: climate change is the most important issue confronting our planet, it should be the 'central organizing principle' for civilization, and it is caused by a conspiracy of a few greedy individuals," Michaels said. "He's like the proverbial nut that grew into a giant oak by standing his ground."

"We can only hope that he can parlay his prize into a run for the U.S. presidency, where he will be unable to hide from debate on his extreme and one-sided view of global warming," he added.

Michaels wasn't the only person wondering if winning a Nobel Prize might cause Gore - who was vice president during Bill Clinton's two terms in the White House and who narrowly lost the 2000 presidential race to Republican George W. Bush - to jump into the field of Democratic candidates for 2008.

A group called Draft Gore took out a full-page advertisement in Wednesday's New York Times calling on him to get into the race.

"You say you have fallen out of love with politics, and you have every reason to feel that way," the ad states. "But we know you have not fallen out of love with your country. And your country needs you now - as do your party and the planet you are fighting so hard to save."

"You have done a superhuman job of bringing world attention" to the issue of global warming, but "this effort needs to be raised to a higher level," the group said. "Only from the Oval Office can you wield the kind of influence needed to move countries, policies, and corporations to bring about meaningful change.

"Mr. Vice President, there are times for politicians and times for heroes," the ad continues. "America and the Earth need a hero right now - someone who will transcend politics as usual and bring real hope to our country and to the world.

"Please rise to this challenge, or you and millions of us will live forever wondering what might have been," the group concludes.

Even though the ad states that 136,000 people have signed the petition at draftgore.com, Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider said in a statement that the former vice president "truly appreciates the heartfelt sentiment behind the ad; however, he has no intention of running for president."

Milloy said he was focused on the claim that Gore knowingly included falsehoods in his film and was more interested in taking things off Gore's resume than adding to it.

"We call on the Norwegian Nobel Committee to award the prize to a deserving candidate, rather than someone who plays fast and loose with the facts to advance his personal agenda," he said. "Also, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences should revoke the Oscar 'An Inconvenient Truth' won for best documentary."

Neither the Nobel committee nor the AMPAS should "risk their brands on Al Gore's chicanery," Milloy added.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200710/NAT20071012c.html

DrJohn
10-14-2007, 07:20 AM
IF Gore is lying then he only proves that he is a politician.
They ALL lie.

Its what politicians do.

red states rule
10-14-2007, 07:21 AM
IF Gore is lying then he only proves that he is a politician.
They ALL lie.

Its what politicians do.

It is not a question of "if" he is lying

He is

He also does not live his life the way he tells the rest of us to

DrJohn
10-14-2007, 07:24 AM
It is not a question of "if" he is lying

He is

He also does not live his life the way he tells the rest of us to

Again, it just proves that he is a politician.

They ALL lie.

No exceptions.

red states rule
10-14-2007, 07:34 AM

They ALL lie.

No exceptions.

IMO Gore (and the Clintons) wrote the book and made some improvements

chesswarsnow
10-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But many scientists are starting to come forward to debunk Al's predictions of doom, for mankind's advancements in way of life.
2. Including everything the modern world uses, lights, and transportation.
3. Al Gore is saying that all the world needs to learn to cut back on these creature comforts.
4. And get back to the horse and cart reality.
5. Stay in one area of the planet, stop roaming around, your killing the planet by roaming around it.
6. This insane person Al Gore is no worse to humankind than *The Islamic* school of thought, *Death to the Infidels*.
7. Its indeed a strange world we live in these days.
8. Soon very soon, I see Al Gore finding himself in a mysterious suicide, like so many other deaths followed behind *The Clinton's*, path.
9. God have mercy on his soul.
10. Read this:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/gore-gets-a-cold-shoulder/2007/10/13/1191696238792.html

"

ONE of the world's foremost meteorologists has called the theory that helped Al Gore share the Nobel Peace Prize "ridiculous" and the product of "people who don't understand how the atmosphere works".

"
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
10-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Al lectures us to cut back our enegy use and how we are destroying the planet

Does Al walk the walk as well?

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

DrJohn
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
IMO Gore (and the Clintons) wrote the book and made some improvements

IMO the Bush administration has proven to be damn good liars, too.

Hugh Lincoln
10-14-2007, 10:53 AM

They ALL lie.

No exceptions.

Ron Paul doesn't lie.

So, he might not actually BE a politician!

Guernicaa
10-14-2007, 12:08 PM
are you joking?....of course he would....he's a Democrat!......
thanny, just because you aren't on P&CA, it shouldn't mean that you have a free pass to say ridiculous stupid shit whenever you feel like it.

PostmodernProphet
10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
thanny, just because you aren't on P&CA, it shouldn't mean that you have a free pass to say ridiculous stupid shit whenever you feel like it.

I wouldn't dream of saying stupid shit, Obama.....I already have too many people who have mistaken me for a liberal to increase chances that way......