PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, Hunter and Menendez, Now Newsom?

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 05:47 AM
First came news of emails between indicted Robert Menendez and Hunter. Now it seems there's some between Hunter and Newsom? Weird gets weirder:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsoms-longtime-ties-hunter-biden-emerge-after-justifies-business-deals-direct-email

Newsom's longtime ties to Hunter Biden emerge after he justifies his business deals: 'Here's my direct email'Fox News Digital reviewed dozens of emails between Hunter Biden and Gavin Newsom, his associates
By Andrew Mark Miller , Cameron Cawthorne Fox News
Published September 26, 2023 5:00am EDT

Hannity: Hunter Biden's story is falling apart
California Gov. Gavin Newsom's recent defense of Hunter Biden against allegations of nepotism and shady business deals follows emails from Biden’s infamous laptop showing the president’s son donated thousands of dollars to Newsom’s gubernatorial campaign and lent his name to multiple fundraisers on his behalf.

Newsom, who is expected to attend Wednesday's GOP debate on behalf of the Biden campaign, brushed off allegations of Hunter Biden's corrupt business dealings last week, saying it is "hardly unique" for people to use their family members to get ahead.

"I don't know enough about the details of that. I mean I've seen a little of that," Newsom told CNN's Dana Bash when asked if Hunter Biden did anything "inappropriate" leveraging his father's name in his business dealings.

"If that's the new criteria, there are a lot of folks in a lot of industries – not just in politics – where people have family members and relationships and they're trying to parlay and get a little influence and benefit in that respect. That's hardly unique."

The recent comments from Newsom, who officially agreed to participate in a Fox News debate in November against Gov. Desantis with Sean Hannity moderating, led to a Fox News Digital review of dozens of emails between Hunter and Newsom and his associates discussing matters such as fundraising, promoting documentaries, and personal conversations over the course of nearly a decade.

In October 2010, Hunter Biden's business partner Eric Schwerin floated then-San Francisco Mayor Newsom and his sister, Hilary, as "usual suspects" to try to connect with when he’s in California’s Bay Area. About a month later, Schwerin suggested that Newsom, among others, should be invited to a China state dinner. However, it does not appear he attended the dinner.

Eric Schwerin sends a list of "usual suspects" for Hunter to visit in San Francisco, including Newsom's office and his sister. (Fox News)

Earlier that year, Hunter emailed Newsom's sister about how much "fun" he had in California over the summer and asked her whether she was "interested in White House Easter Egg Roll tickets" for her and her family.

"Also, I may be out in the Bay Area at the end of April with my brother, Beau, and it would be great to see you if time permits," Hunter added in the email. "In fact, as plans firm up I might like to talk to you about some of the things Beau was thinking of doing out there and get some advice from you."

Newsom's sister politely declined the invitation to the White House, saying she was "invited to join some friends on their boat in St. Lucia – given that we have never been to St. Lucia nor on a boat."

Gavin Newsom
California Gov. Gavin Newsom speaks in Sacramento, Calif., Jan. 10, 2023. (AP Photo/José Luis Villegas, File)

In a March 2011 email, Schwerin suggested Hunter meet with Gavin Newsom, among others, when he traveled to San Francisco and told him he should be "asking any of them to bring together potential other investors in Real Estate."

On June 11, 2014, a woman who worked with Newsom's wife on her documentary films reached out to Hunter Biden and told him that she received his contact information from the Lt. Governor's office and that Newsom's wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, wanted his help strategizing how to get a couple documentary films exposure in Washington, D.C.

revelarts
09-26-2023, 06:12 AM
I'm no Newsome fan but Where's the problem in these emails? Seems pretty benign.
Is it Just association with a crack head?
What am I missing?

Kathianne
09-26-2023, 06:17 AM
I'm no Newsome fan but Where's the problem in these emails? Seems pretty benign.
What am I missing?

I think it may have more to do with access to joe. At least with Newsom one could buy they may be friends, same age more or less. Not so with Menendez.

Gunny
09-26-2023, 07:17 AM
What am I missing?Establishes a connection. Newsome, nephew(?) of Nancy, and hanging out with a Biden whose only known real occupation is pedaling his father's incluence.

The right's not very good at this. With that amount of connections the left would already have a PBS documentary if it was Republicans.

revelarts
09-26-2023, 08:13 AM
Establishes a connection. Newsome, nephew(?) of Nancy, and hanging out with a Biden whose only known real occupation is pedaling his father's influence.

The right's not very good at this. With that amount of connections the left would already have a PBS documentary if it was Republicans.

I think it may have more to do with access to joe. At least with Newsom one could buy they may be friends, same age more or less. Not so with Menendez.

Biden's been in federal politics since I was in elementary school.
The people with access and the number of connections he probably has I can't even imagine.

Getting invited to the White House Easter Egg Hunt and such doesn't seem like anything to me.
And now that you bring up Trump, his children did do similar. From the White House no less.

Among the things that Hunter is accused of doing, this seems like nothing to me.
1st ladies invite celebrities and various politicians to things regularly. It's not criminal to make connections with other politicians via family connections.
And what they talked about and "offered" isn't criminal.
unless i skipped over that part of the Article.

Seems to me the focus should stick to things like Hunters Job on the Ukrainian Oil Company board. and His Phone calls to "the Big Guy" to/for Various Ukrainian Biz and politicians and the Threats Biden made to the Ukrainian officials that got in the way of Biden Biz and the like.

Invitations to tea parties among democratic leaders in various states is not out of line.

Gunny
09-26-2023, 08:20 AM
Biden's been in federal politics since I was in elementary school.
The people with access and the number of connections he probably has I can't even imagine.

Getting invited to the White House Easter Egg Hunt and such doesn't seem like anything to me.
And now that you bring up Trump, his children did do similar. From the White House no less.

Among the things that Hunter is accused of doing, this seems like nothing to me.
1st ladies invite celebrities and various politicians to things regularly. It's not criminal to make connections with other politicians via family connections.
And what they talked about and "offered" isn't criminal.
unless i skipped over that part of the Article.

Seems to me the focus should stick to things like Hunters Job on the Ukrainian Oil Company board. and His Phone calls to "the Big Guy" to/for Various Ukrainian Biz and politicians and the Threats Biden made to the Ukrainian officials that got in the way of Biden Biz and the like.

Invitations to tea parties among democratic leaders in various states is not out of line.Unless you are trying to establish a pattern of behavior. Investigating political corruption in the form of selling influence would leave pretty much anything and/or anyone fair game for investigation where the potential for said crime exists, would it not?

I don't why they do what they do. If I could explain that, I'd write a book and sell it :laugh:

Notable to me is that unlike us mere mortals, elites are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Mere mortals get locked up until they can prove their innocence.

AHZ
09-26-2023, 11:06 AM
Unless you are trying to establish a pattern of behavior. Investigating political corruption in the form of selling influence would leave pretty much anything and/or anyone fair game for investigation where the potential for said crime exists, would it not?

I don't why they do what they do. If I could explain that, I'd write a book and sell it :laugh:

Notable to me is that unlike us mere mortals, elites are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Mere mortals get locked up until they can prove their innocence.

yes. but it's not the same on both sides.

the doj invents charges for trump, and suppresses red flags like suspicious bank activity on behalf of the bidens.

so both sides are really not equal here.

Gunny
09-26-2023, 04:09 PM
yes. but it's not the same on both sides.

the doj invents charges for trump, and suppresses red flags like suspicious bank activity on behalf of the bidens.

so both sides are really not equal here.Incorrect.

Trump is every bit the elitist the Bidens are. Being a Washington outsider does not make him any less what he obviously is.

AHZ
09-26-2023, 04:15 PM
Incorrect.

Trump is every bit the elitist the Bidens are. Being a Washington outsider does not make him any less what he obviously is.

except the doj had to suppress investigations into biden that were triggered by routine suspicious banking flags,

and they invented things to get trump.

if your talking about witch hunts versus validly begun investigations one is clearly more legitimate.

this isn't a 'who's more elitist' thread.