PDA

View Full Version : People Are Desperate For Change In DC

Kathianne
09-27-2023, 01:30 PM
The two parties better recognize that they should be moving or will be overtaken:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america-desperate-new-beginning-2024-election-voter-sentiment-polls-gop-primary-biden-trump-3fde70cd?st=zofi4mjh6s91i3t&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

OPINIONPOLITICS & IDEAS
America Is Desperate for a New Beginning
Nearly two-thirds of voters believe the system is ‘broken’ if it’s Trump vs. Biden.
By
William A. Galston
Follow
Sept. 26, 2023 1:45 pm ET

We don’t need polls to tell us that confidence in our political institutions is at a low ebb, but they do help clarify what Americans are feeling.

In a recent poll from the Pew Research Center, 10% of Americans reported that thinking about U.S. politics made them feel hopeful, and 4% were excited. By contrast, 55% said they were angry, and 65% were exhausted.

Gunny
09-27-2023, 04:18 PM
The two parties better recognize that they should be moving or will be overtaken:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america-desperate-new-beginning-2024-election-voter-sentiment-polls-gop-primary-biden-trump-3fde70cd?st=zofi4mjh6s91i3t&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

The two parties don't care. They have a monopoly on DC. Like the one Amazon is being sued for? And Ma Bell got broken up for in the 80s? I know. This is "different":rolleyes:

I'm so hoping more independents/3rd parties try to get involved. If nothing else, it sends a clear message.

Meantime, Gaetz and company are giving away the House. They won't even negotiate with McCarthy.

Kathianne
09-27-2023, 04:47 PM
The two parties don't care. They have a monopoly on DC. Like the one Amazon is being sued for? And Ma Bell got broken up for in the 80s? I know. This is "different":rolleyes:

I'm so hoping more independents/3rd parties try to get involved. If nothing else, it sends a clear message.

Meantime, Gaetz and company are giving away the House. They won't even negotiate with McCarthy.

And Biden gave away oil independence and is attempting to strip the 1st and 2nd amendments out. He ignores both courts and legislature.

The 'exhaustion' people are feeling can be turned to action fairly quickly with the right leader. Will it be for good or bad though? Time will tell.

Gunny
09-27-2023, 05:12 PM
And Biden gave away oil independence and is attempting to strip the 1st and 2nd amendments out. He ignores both courts and legislature.

The 'exhaustion' people are feeling can be turned to action fairly quickly with the right leader. Will it be for good or bad though? Time will tell.Hasn't gone unnoticed by me that wretch is doing this while Gaetz and Co are providing the smokescreen for him. All eyes are on his attention-whoring obstruction.

Is there something these obstructionists think they are going to gain? I don't get it. In the end, I predict Congress will just go around their asses and THAT will cost the party, not the Dems nor Biden Admin.

Kathianne
09-27-2023, 05:18 PM
Hasn't gone unnoticed by me that wretch is doing this while Gaetz and Co are providing the smokescreen for him. All eyes are on his attention-whoring obstruction.

Is there something these obstructionists think they are going to gain? I don't get it. In the end, I predict Congress will just go around their asses and THAT will cost the party, not the Dems nor Biden Admin.

I find that little cohort truly evil. They are power mad and want to destroy the system so they can rule. I put the crazy females gop with them. I don't think they will succeed.