Kathianne
09-27-2023, 08:33 PM
I really don't like vivek. He started out better, then downhill,

hjmick
09-27-2023, 09:13 PM
Here is where I'm at:

Kathianne
09-28-2023, 12:43 AM
I fell asleep. Tim Scott was weirdly trying to be super alpha. So was Nikki.

SassyLady
09-28-2023, 01:41 AM
DeSantis came out ahead on this one in my opinion. However, he going to have to explain his EO on banning fracking. I think Haley brought that up.

Haley did terrible. If I had to rank it I would say no one changed position from current polling.

Kathianne
09-28-2023, 01:45 AM
DeSantis came out ahead on this one in my opinion. However, he going to have to explain his EO on banning fracking. I think Haley brought that up.

Haley did terrible. If I had to rank it I would say no one changed position from current polling.

I agree that DeSantis did best, though that is a low bar. On fracking Haley really wouldn't let him answer, which seemed to be her MO all evening-both her and Scott. Weird.

As for DeSantis, here's what I found on fracking, which does seem to match up with what he said the other day in TX:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/sep/28/nikki-haley/fact-checking-nikki-haleys-debate-attack-on-ron-de/

Kathianne
09-28-2023, 01:47 AM
The moderators were just atrocious, especially the Hispanic speaker. Seriously, there are many Hispanics that speak English very well-why not have one?

The questions were awful. I've always liked Perino, she didn't show up.

Stewart Varney was nearly as smarmy as Vivek.

SassyLady
09-28-2023, 01:55 AM
The moderators were just atrocious, especially the Hispanic speaker. Seriously, there are many Hispanics that speak English very well-why not have one?

The questions were awful. I've always liked Perino, she didn't show up.

Stewart Varney was nearly as smarmy as Vivek.

The only thing interesting about the moderators was when Dana said they would cut off their microphones if they didn't stop talking over each other. And when Bergrum asked if he could say something and she just said "No" and went on to the next question. The last question was sheer stupidity and I'm glad DeSantis said no we are not going to answer that. The one about "who on the current stage would you vote for to drop out of the race".

I can't stand Varney ... never have.

The Hispanic was there representing Univision so speaking good English is not part of their brand.

Kathianne
09-28-2023, 02:00 AM
The only thing interesting about the moderators was when Dana said they would cut off their microphones if they didn't stop talking over each other. And when Bergrum asked if he could say something and she just said "No" and went on to the next question. The last question was sheer stupidity and I'm glad DeSantis said no we are not going to answer that. The one about "who on the current stage would you vote for to drop out of the race".

I can't stand Varney ... never have.

The Hispanic was there representing Univision so speaking good English is not part of their brand.

I really felt that Haley and Scott were the instigators of talking over each other. I don't know what they were on, but appeared to have been sharing.