PDA

View Full Version : Trump mulls trip to Capitol Hill amid Speaker scramble

Gunny
10-05-2023, 04:15 PM
When things aren't f-d up enough who do you call?:rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4240986-trump-mulls-trip-to-capitol-hill-amid-speaker-scramble/

Kathianne
10-05-2023, 04:39 PM
For 2 days I've refrained from posting this harebrain idea. Trump. Extremists. It'll probably come to pass.

jimnyc
10-05-2023, 04:58 PM
I read that some nitwits wanted to convince him to run for the speaker position. The last thing on earth he needs is a platform to blab his beliefs more than he does now. Besides, wouldn't be acceptable in congress to call other members nitwits and idiots and disloyal when they don't agree with you. At least not on the floor. I think a certain decorum is to be expected and I couldn't imagine him....

As for presidency, we are in deep doo doo no matter how you slice it.

Congress sucks and the president is a bumbling stumbling half corpse at this point.

Black Diamond
10-05-2023, 05:00 PM
I read that some nitwits wanted to convince him to run for the speaker position. The last thing on earth he needs is a platform to blab his beliefs more than he does now. Besides, wouldn't be acceptable in congress to call other members nitwits and idiots and disloyal when they don't agree with you. At least not on the floor. I think a certain decorum is to be expected and I couldn't imagine him....

As for presidency, we are in deep doo doo no matter how you slice it.

Congress sucks and the president is a bumbling stumbling half corpse at this point.

I don't know didn't Cheney call somebody a dumb fuck once during session ?

jimnyc
10-05-2023, 05:08 PM
I don't know didn't Cheney call somebody a dumb fuck once during session ?

Oh I'm sure lack of decorum has been shown many many many times before. Most don't make a habit of it though. And didn't someone also yell out "liar" at the SOTU at Obama I think?

Black Diamond
10-05-2023, 05:10 PM
Oh I'm sure lack of decorum has been shown many many many times before. Most don't make a habit of it though. And didn't someone also yell out "liar" at the SOTU at Obama I think?

Yes and he was held accountable unlike Pelosi for her ripping up the speech stunt.

jimnyc
10-05-2023, 05:11 PM
Yes and he was held accountable unlike Pelosi for her ripping up the speech stunt.

Of course, that's how it always works. Should have been her at home instead against that supposed intruder with the hammer.

Kathianne
10-05-2023, 07:14 PM

That was the move that made me decide to vote for him in 2020. Shouldn't have. 2 wrongs and all that.

SassyLady
10-06-2023, 02:29 AM
I'm thinking those who want him as Speaker think he'll be 3rd in line. Just in case.