PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One That Hates Amazon Reviews?

Gunny
10-06-2023, 11:43 AM
Chinese vendors want their own, separate review. Probably keeps somebody working:rolleyes: Then there's Amazon. Doesn't matter what you buy. they want a review.

Rate and review your purchase of underwear.

Oh it's just the greatest. Never had any like it before. It's freakin' underwear :slap:

Rate and review your purchase of this or that vitamin.

Guess they work. Or not. I'm not dead yet:rolleyes:

jimnyc
10-06-2023, 11:58 AM
I do a ton of shopping from Amazon but mainly ignore the reviews now. Bought some dumb masks last year and when they came they wanted a review for a "free gift". F off.

I don't do them, and I take them with a grain of salt. Some reviews aren't even for the same product that you're viewing. Suppose I want a DJI Mini 4 Pro - just as an example, you may find reviews for the 3 pro or other DJI drones. It's like they just change the product or update it and leave the good reviews from the other.

I get my Tylenol from them as well as my vitamins as well. Don't even wanna know where they come from. I try to ensure I find the next day products as I know I'm not waiting for a shipment from another country. Prime only. But even then, I suppose foreign companies can still setup a dropship and sell on there too.

I try to find reputable known products, and not things I have never heard of before. If it's a chinese made pair of sweatpants or underwear, onto the next page!

Gunny
10-06-2023, 12:04 PM
I do a ton of shopping from Amazon but mainly ignore the reviews now. Bought some dumb masks last year and when they came they wanted a review for a "free gift". F off.

I don't do them, and I take them with a grain of salt. Some reviews aren't even for the same product that you're viewing. Suppose I want a DJI Mini 4 Pro - just as an example, you may find reviews for the 3 pro or other DJI drones. It's like they just change the product or update it and leave the good reviews from the other.

I get my Tylenol from them as well as my vitamins as well. Don't even wanna know where they come from. I try to ensure I find the next day products as I know I'm not waiting for a shipment from another country. Prime only. But even then, I suppose foreign companies can still setup a dropship and sell on there too.

I try to find reputable known products, and not things I have never heard of before. If it's a chinese made pair of sweatpants or underwear, onto the next page!

I don't do the reviews. Should say rarely. If it is a vendor or product I want to give a positive review, I do. Otherwise? What the Hell are you supposed to say about some of this shit?

I tend to use Amazon when I'm stuck and can't go the the store without taking kid(s) that always want everything in the World. Otherwise, I try to go to HEB or some of the Mom n Pop stores. Or, if I see something on Amazon I like from a brand name, I'll go the brand name's website.

But crap for kids? Please rate and review your new size 14-16 big kids dress. Sure thing buddy:rolleyes:

SassyLady
10-06-2023, 12:40 PM
I don't do the reviews. They usually ask the same day it's delivered. I might not use the product for days. I just delete the requests.

I do read reviews on some products and have decided to buy or not buy based on them.