PDA

View Full Version : Pence slams Trump, GOP ‘voices of appeasement’ as Israel comes under attack

Gunny
10-08-2023, 01:15 PM
I thought the Donald was supposed to be pro-Israel?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/07/gop-presidential-hopefuls-reaffirm-support-for-israel-following-hamas-attack-00120481

Gunny
10-08-2023, 01:18 PM
Was wondering where his big mouth was. He usually has quite the opinion on everything. Except military matters of immediate concern:rolleyes:

Trump, the dominant frontrunner in the race, spent part of the morning posting social-media messages on an entirely unrelated matter — his legal battle with New York Attorney General Tish James.

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Anything in the article that says trump wasn't pro Israel? He's the most pro Israel president we've had.

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Anything in the article that says trump wasn't pro Israel? He's the most pro Israel president we've had.

I mean besides the headline.

Gunny
10-08-2023, 01:35 PM

I mean besides the headline.I have not seen anything that says he is not.

I have never liked his foreign policy. He likes to fight wars with his checkbook, and I have no problem with that. Until everyone else is using bullets. I expect a CinC to be able to use both, depending on what is necessary. He also is behind this isolationism movement that has cropped up in the Republican't party.

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 01:45 PM
I have not seen anything that says he is not.

I have never liked his foreign policy. He likes to fight wars with his checkbook, and I have no problem with that. Until everyone else is using bullets. I expect a CinC to be able to use both, depending on what is necessary. He also is behind this isolationism movement that has cropped up in the Republican't party.

OK fair enough. I'm not sure he'd be isolationist in this situation but then
I doubt this situation or Ukraine would have happened had trump been president. I'll be testing sporadically today

Gunny
10-08-2023, 01:58 PM
I doubt this situation or Ukraine would have happened had trump been president. I'll be testing sporadically today

Let me rephrase: I'm not blaming current events on Trump. My issues with him are and have been the same. I'm saying this:

Trump is supposedly, and hailed as the "Leader of the Republican't Party.

He was MIA until after the fact with McCarthy

He's MIA on Israel.

That's not where I expect a leader to be. As it stands, whoever is pulling the strings and moving the mouth of that puppethead in DC is more present than Trump.

If his personal legal problems are his priority I cannot fault that. They should be. Which is why I call for him to drop out of the Presidential race. IF he's more focused on self than current World events and is #1 candidate, there's a problem.

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 03:44 PM
Let me rephrase: I'm not blaming current events on Trump. My issues with him are and have been the same. I'm saying this:

Trump is supposedly, and hailed as the "Leader of the Republican't Party.

He was MIA until after the fact with McCarthy

He's MIA on Israel.

That's not where I expect a leader to be. As it stands, whoever is pulling the strings and moving the mouth of that puppethead in DC is more present than Trump.

If his personal legal problems are his priority I cannot fault that. They should be. Which is why I call for him to drop out of the Presidential race. IF he's more focused on self than current World events and is #1 candidate, there's a problem.

Full disclosure I didn't read the whole article. So my response wasn't totally rhetorical. If trump turns on Israel that's it. And vivek is finished. He has made comments about Israel that can easily be shown by his competitors.
If pence is taking cheap shots( and i don't know that he is,) then fuck him.

Gunny
10-08-2023, 03:55 PM
Full disclosure I didn't read the whole article. So my response wasn't totally rhetorical. If trump turns on Israel that's it. And vivek is finished. He has made comments about Israel that can easily be shown by his competitors.
If pence is taking cheap shots( and i don't know that he is,) then fuck him.No doubt it's political posturing as much as anything else.

SassyLady
10-08-2023, 05:10 PM
People bitch if Trump says anything and they bitch if he doesn't say anything.

SassyLady
10-08-2023, 05:12 PM

Agree.

SassyLady
10-08-2023, 05:25 PM
Here's what Trump had to say and what he did to tamp down Palestinian terror. Doesn't sound like appeasement to me.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/trump-says-zero-chance-hamas-would-have-attacked/

The Hamas terrorist invasion of Israeli territory and the murder of Israeli soldiers today and the brutal murder of citizens is an act of savagery that must and will be crushed,” Trump said.