PDA

View Full Version : Putin banks on wavering support for Ukraine, amid a race against time

Gunny
10-08-2023, 04:04 PM
I suspected this has been his plan since he got blindsided by Western support. So far, counting his invasion of Georgia and Ukraine, he has proved himself about as brilliant as LBJ when it comes to conducting a war:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/08/europe/analysis-putin-ukraine-race-against-time-intl-hnk/index.html

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 04:19 PM
I suspected this has been his plan since he got blindsided by Western support. So far, counting his invasion of Georgia and Ukraine, he has proved himself about as brilliant as LBJ when it comes to conducting a war:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/08/europe/analysis-putin-ukraine-race-against-time-intl-hnk/index.html
I agree with the First part of the headline. But I think msm underestimates his timeline.

Gunny
10-08-2023, 04:27 PM
I agree with the First part of the headline. But I think msm underestimates his timeline.He's had to adjust his timeline. He entered into this thinking 48-72 hours. Hit the population centers and replace their governments/civic leaders.

A leaderless population doesn't do much. Look at ours:rolleyes:

Gunny
10-08-2023, 04:38 PM
I think Putin is counting on a deal. Especially if by some miracle Trump becomes President again. You know Trump loves his deals and thinks he's the master:rolleyes: Ukraine cedes what Putin is occupying or no more support in return for Putin backing off. Same deal Kissinger/Nixon gave Vietnam and Chamberlain gave Hitler. Those worked out well:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 04:50 PM
I think Putin is counting on a deal. Especially if by some miracle Trump becomes President again. You know Trump loves his deals and thinks he's the master:rolleyes: Ukraine cedes what Putin is occupying or no more support in return for Putin backing off. Same deal Kissinger/Nixon gave Vietnam and Chamberlain gave Hitler. Those worked out well:rolleyes:

Well putin can put Trump back in office. Hillary has already said that's going to happen in 2024

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2023, 05:14 PM
Well putin can put Trump back in office. Hillary has already said that's going to happen in 2024

haha, hitlery is a scattered brain biaaaccchhhh witch...but she is insidiously clever in some things or is that her following slick willie's advice?--Tyr

Black Diamond
10-08-2023, 05:14 PM
haha, hitlery is a scattered brain biaaaccchhhh witch...but she is insidiously clever in some things or is that her following slick willie's advice?--Tyr

Already explaining the loss.