PDA

View Full Version : So, About Kevin McCarthy

Kathianne
10-09-2023, 08:59 PM
I was thinking this just the other day:

https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/10/09/what-does-mccarthy-do-now-n583576

What does McCarthy do now?JOHN GIZZI FROM NEWSMAX 9:00 PM on October 09, 2023
Virtually all McCarthy watchers who spoke to us agree that he will continue to raise money for Republican House candidates in record numbers.

“Fundraiser extraordinaire,” is how Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist characterized McCarthy, “His goal should be to win 20 seats with Reagan Republicans so the [Republican Conference] can rule rather than a few self-promoters.”

Hinting not-so-subtly that McCarthy could work to bring down the eight Republicans who voted against him as speaker, Norquist noted that McCarthy “now has no requirement that he support destructive members.”

[McCarthy hinted at that himself after declining to put his name into the new speaker’s race in the GOP caucus. If he remains outside of leadership, he will still wield enormous influence thanks to his fundraising ties. It’s not just that he might give the Gaetz 8 the cold shoulder, either; they had better expect McCarthy to recruit challengers and get them the funds they need to compete. — Ed]

SassyLady
10-09-2023, 09:03 PM
He just made an extremely strong statement on Hannity's show about Israel and Hamas.

Kathianne
10-09-2023, 09:04 PM
He just made an extremely strong statement on Hannity's show about Israel and Hamas.

I'm likely the only one here, but I like him. He's a realist, which is likely why he is so successful at raising money.

SassyLady
10-09-2023, 09:10 PM
I'm likely the only one here, but I like him. He's a realist, which is likely why he is so successful at raising money.
Yeah ... Pelosi was a big fundraiser as well.

Kathianne
10-09-2023, 09:11 PM
Yeah ... Pelosi was a big fundraiser as well.

Of course, same thing.

SassyLady
10-10-2023, 12:54 AM
Of course, same thing.

So, because they have connections to big donors and lobbyists they should be in a leadership position?

Kathianne
10-10-2023, 01:01 AM
So, because they have connections to big donors and lobbyists they should be in a leadership position?

Because they're leadership they are the same?

SassyLady
10-10-2023, 01:59 AM
Because they're leadership they are the same?

Owned?

Kathianne
10-10-2023, 02:28 AM
Owned?

Alrighty.

Gunny
10-10-2023, 05:35 PM
I'm likely the only one here, but I like him. He's a realist, which is likely why he is so successful at raising money.I don't have problem with McCarthy. My only issue with him was his association with Trump.

Otherwise, he's the biggest fundraiser in the Republican party. He took a shit job and managed to make it work despite the "Red Squad". They forced him to go to the Dems then stabbed him in the back with it. If I had my way they'd be removed from the party.