PDA

View Full Version : *Warning*

Kathianne
10-12-2023, 11:35 AM
My hearing is less than ideal, but I think Blinken just said they've 'slowed down' the release of $6B to Iran, 'Israel has shared some photos and other information...'

Black Diamond
10-12-2023, 11:39 AM
I don't think this administration can shed the "We funded the terrorists " label.

revelarts
10-12-2023, 11:44 AM
U.S. seems to always be funding all sides.

But as a technical point.
Wasn't the 6 billion already the Iranian's money. Money that the U.S. withheld/seized, but recently released?
Not U.S. dollars given.

I know some folks don't care.
But as a technical point of fact isn't that the case?

Kathianne
10-12-2023, 12:10 PM

Wasn't the 6 billion already the Iranian's money. Money that the U.S. withheld/seized, but recently released?
Not U.S. dollars given.

Correct. Frozen, then unfrozen sanctions. Now perhaps frozen soon?

Money is fungible. If you're certain of receiving a large bit of cash, you might treat family to credit card vacation, knowing you'll pay it without interest.

Now if IRS seized that money, well...

Mr. P
10-12-2023, 12:11 PM

Not U.S. dollars given.

Yes

Kathianne
10-12-2023, 01:14 PM
Yep: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/politics/us-qatar-iran-funds/index.html

Gunny
10-12-2023, 05:24 PM
Interesting situation. On one hand, Blinken is swearing on a stack of Bibles there's so far no current direct link to Iran. On the other, we're going to freeze funds promised in an unrelated hostage deal (shitty or otherwise) and punish Iran anyway.

Fine with me, BUT ... these idiots will be the first to cry foul next time they want to deal with Iran and Iran says no, can't trust you to keep your end of the bargain.

Black Diamond
10-12-2023, 06:17 PM
Interesting situation. On one hand, Blinken is swearing on a stack of Bibles there's so far no current direct link to Iran. On the other, we're going to freeze funds promised in an unrelated hostage deal (shitty or otherwise) and punish Iran anyway.

Fine with me, BUT ... these idiots will be the first to cry foul next time they want to deal with Iran and Iran says no, can't trust you to keep your end of the bargain.

It's Iran. The administration just can't afford to admit it

revelarts
10-12-2023, 07:52 PM
And what did iraq have to do with 911? "nothing".

history doesn't repeat but it does rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWM

Gunny
10-13-2023, 03:16 PM
It's Iran. The administration just can't afford to admit itNot sure. I doubt there's any sleep lost in Iran over it, but so far it appears they were as caught off guard as Israel and the US.

Iran's complicity is years of supporting Hamas, Hezbollah, Boco Harum, et al with money, weapons and ammo. Iran is guilty in general, even if not specifically this time.

Gunny
10-13-2023, 03:18 PM
And what did iraq have to do with 911? "nothing".

history doesn't repeat but it does rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWMAnd what does Iraq and 9/11 have to do with current situation? History constantly repeats itself because of people who think like you about it, whether or not your intentions are good or bad.

Kathianne
10-13-2023, 03:31 PM
Not sure. I doubt there's any sleep lost in Iran over it, but so far it appears they were as caught off guard as Israel and the US.

Iran's complicity is years of supporting Hamas, Hezbollah, Boco Harum, et al with money, weapons and ammo. Iran is guilty in general, even if not specifically this time.

I heard the decision makers from Iran were in someplace like Bahrain or Dubai. What are you hearing.

Gunny
10-13-2023, 03:54 PM
I heard the decision makers from Iran were in someplace like Bahrain or Dubai. What are you hearing.If you mean Blinken & Co, last I heard he was making the rounds. Easy enough if he's flying at US taxpayer expense. They're all right there in the Gulf like dominoes. Dubai, to Jebel Ali to Bahrain is a day trip in a boat.

Had Fox on earlier but just listening to punditry. Not a Harris Faulkner fan.

Kathianne
10-13-2023, 04:01 PM
If you mean Blinken & Co, last I heard he was making the rounds. Easy enough if he's flying at US taxpayer expense. They're all right there in the Gulf like dominoes. Dubai, to Jebel Ali to Bahrain is a day trip in a boat.

Had Fox on earlier but just listening to punditry. Not a Harris Faulkner fan.

Nope, Iranian leaderships-not religious, but political.